Which Abrahamic religion has the best memes?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:10:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Which Abrahamic religion has the best memes?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Abrahamic religion has the best memes?
Christianity

Islam

Judaism

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Which Abrahamic religion has the best memes?  (Read 666 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2021, 01:01:53 AM »

Christian ones of course, although I've seen some good Muslim ones, though a lot that I just don't understand. Jewish memes kind of suck honestly from what I've seen, although it's likely that you appreciate them a lot more if you're Jewish and are more familiar with what they're about.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 01:04:07 AM »

Also I just realized that making a "Virgin __________ vs. Chad Muhammad" meme would actually violate Islam, lol.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 01:17:34 AM »

There are a lot of funny memes about Judaism, though I don't think I can post them here.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 01:21:35 AM »

Christians, and it isn't even close.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 09:04:26 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2021, 09:27:59 AM by Away, haul away, we'll haul away, Joe! »

Christian ones of course, although I've seen some good Muslim ones, though a lot that I just don't understand. Jewish memes kind of suck honestly from what I've seen, although it's likely that you appreciate them a lot more if you're Jewish and are more familiar with what they're about.

Personal familiarity with Judaism and Jewish culture is definitely more important to understanding Jewish memes than it was to understanding previous generations of Jewish humor. In addition to the high level of background knowledge necessary to understand most newer memes in general, a lot of very-online younger Jewish people are a bit more proprietary and insular about their religion and culture than most American Jews have been historically.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2021, 03:05:42 PM by Gulf Coastal Elite »

Seems easy enough to just pick the religion with the youngest average population. I have to assume that the kinds of memes circulating among 14-year-olds on WhatsApp groups in Indonesia, though almost certainly incomprehensible to me, are light-years more advanced than Christian memes.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 10:26:38 PM »

My favorite one is "Jesus saves. Moses invests!"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 12:35:48 AM »

Seems easy enough to just pick the religion with the youngest average population. I have to assume that the kinds of memes circulating among 14-year-olds on WhatsApp groups in Indonesia, though almost certainly incomprehensible to me, are light-years more advanced than Christian memes.

Middle and high schooler memes are garbage, TikTok-level stuff. Gen Z is pretty bad at pop culture in general, their music sucks, their memes suck...
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 09:00:50 AM »

Jews are the funniest race. 
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 09:51:37 AM »

Muslim tiktok memes, when given context by my friends are often hilarious.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 02:43:42 PM »

Middle and high schooler memes are garbage, TikTok-level stuff. Gen Z is pretty bad at pop culture in general, their music sucks, their memes suck...
Sorry but teenagers are and always have been the arbitrators of coolness. Differing tastes don't mean they are worse, it means you (and I) are no longer "with it."
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 04:03:45 PM »

Sorry but teenagers are and always have been the arbitrators of coolness. Differing tastes don't mean they are worse, it means you (and I) are no longer "with it."

Have I lost touch?

No, it's the kids who are wrong.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 06:27:19 PM »

Does MemriTV count? Because those are some spicy memes
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2021, 06:37:38 PM »

Would it count as Muslim (presents media from the Islamic world) or Jewish (run by people affiliated with Israel and the US and generally understood to present its source material in a negative light)?
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2021, 06:50:14 PM »

Would it count as Muslim (presents media from the Islamic world) or Jewish (run by people affiliated with Israel and the US and generally understood to present its source material in a negative light)?

That's what I mean, some of the things the clerics they have on are hilarious but they're not Muslim memes in a strict sense
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 11:18:16 PM »

I had to google some Baha'i memes in protest at their non inclusion in the poll

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2021, 06:45:54 AM »

Personal familiarity with Judaism and Jewish culture is definitely more important to understanding Jewish memes than it was to understanding previous generations of Jewish humor. In addition to the high level of background knowledge necessary to understand most newer memes in general, a lot of very-online younger Jewish people are a bit more proprietary and insular about their religion and culture than most American Jews have been historically.

Just change "Leftist" to "Jewish" I guess? Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies