NY gov primary Hocul v. James, who wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:42:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY gov primary Hocul v. James, who wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: who wins in this hypothetical match up
Kathy Hochul

Letitia James

Other (explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: NY gov primary Hocul v. James, who wins  (Read 1393 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2021, 04:26:09 PM »

James wouldn't run against Hochul if latter is the incumbent. They're both in the same lane of the party. I'm not even sure they would run against each other if Cuomo stays in office but retires. If that were to happen regardless, it would be a tossup.

If Hochul becomes governor, she may face a left-wing challenger, possibly Williams again. I would advise her to pick a progressive lieutenant governor she can work with to widen her appeal. I know the primaries are seperate, but it would help anyway.

One way or the other, both of them are awesome as governor. Cuomo needs to go.

What about running together on a ticket?

What? Attorney General is a better position and lt. governor in terms of determining policy. The lt. governor is a higher position, but the occupants has just limited power. It would make more sense for James to run for reelection to her current post. And Hochul is not taking number two again if she gets elevated.

Hochul isn’t getting the gubernatorial nomination regardless of whether she’s the incumbent; you can take that to the bank. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies