Office of Amanda Huggenkiss
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:16:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Amanda Huggenkiss
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Amanda Huggenkiss  (Read 582 times)
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 02, 2021, 01:52:08 PM »
« edited: February 24, 2021, 03:16:14 PM by Amanda Huggenkiss »

Welcome to the Office of Amanda Huggenkiss, Member of the Frémont Parliament
Labor / Fianna Frémont - Minnesota

This office will be used for public statements regarding my work as a Member of Parliament and for future campaign activities, as well as for archival purposes. Feel free to use this thread to ask questions or to engage with me otherwise.

Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 01:52:23 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2021, 08:53:07 AM by Amanda Huggenkiss »

My Announcement Speech.

Friends! Good People of Frémont! I stand before you today as a candidate for the next parliament of Frémont!

My political philosophy is guided by three principles: freedom, justice, solidarity. Those principles are mutually dependent. Freedom: that is the opportunity to use one’s full potential and to pursue one’s personal happiness, needs a just government and a solidary society. Freedom without justice and solidarity is no freedom but for the very few.

This means that I believe in a government that enables its citizens to work towards their dreams and aspirations. Therefore, I believe in equal chances for everybody. Our goal must be to create a society in which the child of a union worker can be as successful in life as the child of a wealthy businessman. A society in which the child of an immigrant or a racial minority can have a life as happy and prosperous as a child of parents who have never had to face racism or xenophobia. A society in which we finally overcome bigotry and narrowmindedness and value the dignity of every human being.

Overcoming bigotry and narrowmindedness also means to fight for full equality and zero discrimination against LGBTQ*, the fight against stigmatization of mental illnesses and disabilities, and the continuation of the long fight against gender discrimination.

While we have equality under the law, our economic chances are still lopsided towards those whose ancestors have been privileged in the past. In this pandemic, we have seen across the globe that the profits and fortunes of millionaires and billionaires have exploded, while so many working families have had to suffer. This is concerning, especially since those who have struggled so much are the front-line workers who are an indispensable part of a political community and who have fought for us while we fought the virus.

The last government of Frémont as well as the federal government have proposed various necessary economic measures in order to fight inequality. However, economic policies are insufficient in fighting injustice. We also need an excellent public education sector and access to culture, organized sport, and other social recreational activities for children of all backgrounds.

Our generation has a unique chance in history. The pandemic gives us the opportunity to reflect on the world we want to live in. It has exposed the injustices in our society. We can decide whether we go back to the old normal, or whether we use this opportunity to create a society that is fairer, more inclusive, and more climate-friendly.

In parliament, I want to be part of the solution. I would be very grateful for your support. In the coming days, I will publish my campaign promises to the people of Frémont. Stay tuned. Frémont needs Amanda Huggenkiss!

Amanda Huggenkiss is endorsed by

Harry S. Truman, our First Minister of our great Commonwealth.
Ted Bessell, the Vice President of Atlasia.
Peanut, former Vice President of Atlasia.
SevenEleven, Speaker of the People's House of Representatives.
FalterinArc, our Senator from our great Commonwealth.
Oregon Blue Dog, Member of the House of Representatives from Oregon.
S019, the Chancellor of Lincoln.
KaiserDave, the Speaker of the Council of Lincoln.
Scott, former Senator from our great Commonwealth.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 02:00:08 PM »

ENDORSED!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 02:00:08 PM »

Endorsed!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 02:11:04 PM »

Endorsed!
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 02:20:47 PM »

Thank you all!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 02:35:20 PM »

Bigly endorsed!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 02:39:41 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed!!! Great to see new people getting involved!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 03:20:22 PM »

Endorsed!
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 03:22:30 PM »

Best luck for your campaign, Amanda Huggenkiss! This is NOT an endorsement. (sane, normal, sitting MP running for reelection)
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 03:29:40 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed!!! Great to see new people getting involved!

Thank you all! What an honor.

Best luck for your campaign, Amanda Huggenkiss! This is NOT an endorsement. (sane, normal, sitting MP running for reelection)

Still, thank you very much. Even though we are still competitors, I look forward to eventually working with you in parliament, Dave willing.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 04:09:32 PM »

Endorsed!
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 06:38:47 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2021, 07:03:40 AM by Amanda Huggenkiss »

These are my promises to the people of Frémont.

As a member of parliament, I will …

… introduce a bill which will promote reading among underprivileged children, for good speech and language comprehension are the most important skills in a knowledge-based society and reading is the key to a realm of new possibilities.

… advocate that the regional government, if possible, buys goods and services from regional manufacturers and companies.

… work towards the inclusion of children from underprivileged backgrounds in culture and leisure activities.

… defend the rights of unions and make sure that union’s perspectives are heard and reflected in the legislature.

… never vote against a measure without having previously stated my critique on the matter, because a bill on the floor can only be improved through constructive criticism.

… work hard to ensure that any necessary measures against climate change and for green energy create new job opportunities.

… defend the rights of LGBTIQ* Atlasians and make sure that Frémont remains the gayest region in Atlasia.

After having witnessed the events and tone of this federal election campaign, I have decided to add yet another promise.

… never, for partisan reasons, engage in nasty conversations, smear campaigns, and artificial scandalization, which are only employed to craft a moral high ground, directed at political opponents. I will voice my critique on issues and individuals and sometimes, if addressing sometimes I am passionate about, this critique will be harsh. But when I act this manner, it will never be on behalf of some sophisticated political strategy and only on behalf of my convictions and the values that lie in their core: freedom, justice, solidarity. I want this game to be as enjoyable as possible for any player. Smugness and arrogance, which have set the tone of the current federal election campaign, should have no place in Atlasian politics.

That I will promise.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 06:58:25 AM »

Very much endorsed!
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 11:27:55 AM »

Campaign message: "Left behind."

I’m standing in the hall of a middle school in Winchester, Las Vegas. Twenty percent of all children in Winchester live below the poverty line. Nearly one-fourth of all adults in Winchester have not finished high school. That is why it is so important to have a solid public education program: Public schools provide valuable and safe learning environments.

Especially children from underprivileged families have hurt the most during this pandemic. When both or the sole parent have to work hard to provide for their family, remote learning often fails due to the lack of structure and motivation. In families in which the parents lack formal education or awareness for the worth of cultural capital, few children feel encouraged to learn new things.

An important way for young children to learn new things and develop valuable critical and analytical thinking is through reading. However, in many families, reading is not actively encouraged, mostly because the parents don’t read, but also because they have no books at home. For the mental development of children, every book they have read is one too few.

If I’m elected member of parliament, I will introduce a regional program that will raise the enjoyment of reading among children of all age groups and especially among children of underprivileged backgrounds. This bill will lead preschools and elementary schools to introduce programs in which young children are read to and it will incentivize older students to read as many books as possible. I’m Amanda Huggenkiss. I’m running for parliament.
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2021, 10:43:56 AM »

Campaign message: "For Frémont."

The Covid-pandemic is, of course, a salient issue that dominates all other issues. Both the regional and the federal government have taken decisive steps to contain the spread of the virus and to reduce the negative aspects on our economy and on the common people of Frémont. In the next parliament, I will work to strengthen our businesses and our workforce. I will introduce a bill that mandates the regional government to purchase goods and products from businesses and companies in Frémont. The bill will also include a prioritization for businesses that provide good and fair working conditions to their employees. I believe that the Commonwealth is free to decide where Frémont’s tax dollars are spent.

It is the eve of the election. Tomorrow, the people of Frémont will decide who will represent them in the next parliament. I can proudly say that during the campaign, I have presented myself, my philosophy, and my platform more to the public than any other candidate in this race. I have made my priorities clear. Now it is up to you, the voters, to decide if you feel represented by my vision: a vision of a Commonwealth where the self defeats status, the person defeats privilege. If that is so, I would humbly ask you for a high preference on your ballot. Please, Frémont, vote, vote, vote!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 11:43:52 AM »

I have no idea who you are, but I like you! ENDORSED!
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 03:58:00 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2021, 04:01:20 PM by Amanda Huggenkiss »

Concerning the parliamentary election

I am aware, after such tumultuous days, that I am probably the least interesting person to make public comments right now, but as a new player who has just succeeded in his first election, I allow myself to say a few words. I want to thank all players who have supported and voted for me despite the fact that you don't really know much about me apart from my campaign statements. I understand that some of you might, for various reasons, still be skeptical of me and I understand that. Atlasia is still a pretty closed community where everyone knows everyone. While it is true that during this election cycle, nastiness and hostility have dominated the general tone of the game, I am still very happy that a good bunch of you have been very accepting and welcoming to me as a new player. As a member of parliament, I am not just willing to prove that I am not a bad addition to the game, I also want to make my contribution to make Atlasia just as friendly and cordial to anyone as it was to me.

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2021, 04:30:38 PM »

Congratulations! Great to see new players winning elections!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2021, 04:31:13 PM »

Congrats on your victory!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2021, 07:15:25 PM »

Congrats on a well-deserved win! Cheesy
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2021, 07:24:11 PM »

Parliament needs Amanda! Thankfully they’re in luck!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2021, 07:32:55 PM »

Congratulations! You ran a great campaign. Looking forward to serving in parliament together.
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2021, 01:49:20 AM »

Thank you all for your kind wishes and congratulations, above all to Siren and Truman, as I am very excited to work with you in the next three months.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2021, 11:12:59 AM »

Endorsed in hindsight!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: