Update: Division in SBC over sexual allegations policy, status of female Bishops, politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:20:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Update: Division in SBC over sexual allegations policy, status of female Bishops, politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update: Division in SBC over sexual allegations policy, status of female Bishops, politics  (Read 1025 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: February 22, 2021, 04:17:32 PM »

Just as I was getting comfy and deradicalized by having lived among all the pride flag-displaying churches in downtown Baltimore and getting to know lots of tolerant folk here, I'm back to writing my pissed-off little manifesto about how queer people should shut out cishet faiths and aggressively embrace our pagan past to achieve religious liberation. Some of the responses in this thread are quite worrying regarding how accepted I can feel here, to be frank.

Oh the language and descriptors used here and in a few other topics on this board concerning LGBT+ issues is downright disgraceful.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 05:48:57 PM »

So wait, they have separate churches for blacks and whites, but it's still considered the same denomination?   Like lol.
"The most segregated hour of Christian America is 11 o'clock on Sunday."

Funnily enough, mass is almost certainly the most diverse time of my week. My parish is pretty large and has thriving Spanish, Vietnamese, Filipino, and Nigerian communities. Whites are a clear minority there.

Diversity is not just about race of course.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies