Manchin to oppose neera tanden nomination (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:12:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Manchin to oppose neera tanden nomination (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Manchin to oppose neera tanden nomination  (Read 7101 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« on: February 20, 2021, 06:56:05 PM »

Senate Republicans will not pass up a chance to kill one of Biden's nominees.  And now they have an opening.

No president has gotten all their initial nominees through since I became eligible to vote a month before the 1992 elections.  Someone is going to go down.  Tanden has made too many enemies.  And Budget Chairman Sanders will not spend any of his political capital to save her.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 11:16:24 PM »

Republicans and Manchin are showing blatant hypocrisy voting down Tanden on her "animosity" given the vitriol and hate coming from nominees they voted for over the past four years, not to mention supporting the Traitor Tot. 

But even taking her vitriol out of the equation, I think Tanden is a so-so nominee for the OMB.  And given all the haters she has made on both the Right and Left over the years, she is a so-so nominee with a lot of political baggage.  This is not some exemplary public servant who has been unfairly smeared by the GQP.  In my view she is not a hill worth dying over. 
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 09:06:24 PM »

Quote from: Neera Tanden on Lisa Murkowski
"You're high on your own supply."

I'll say this for Tanden -- her confirmation process has produced a lot of entertaining copy.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 10:28:42 PM »

This Asian Democrat says Seung Min Kim was doing her job properly.  It's not like Tanden's tweets were some behind closed doors, off the record comment. 

Given the Murkowski tweet that Tanden was responding to, it strikes me that Tanden was not only making a drug reference (lol) but also attacking supply-side economics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies