Twitch proposes really cool idea that would be good PR but instead makes it biggest self-own ever
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:50:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Twitch proposes really cool idea that would be good PR but instead makes it biggest self-own ever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Twitch proposes really cool idea that would be good PR but instead makes it biggest self-own ever  (Read 750 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2021, 10:16:13 PM »

I've never cared much for online video content like Twitch or YouTube, aside from one or two commentators and some video essay channels, but Twitch's draconian language policing has always bothered me. Generally speaking, whenever words are banned regardless of context it makes me angry and Twitch does that a lot.

Not that Twitch would actually ban the word "woman" but still, pushing this womxn and Latinx nonsense is stupid and is an insult.
Wait, what words has Twitch banned?
"simp". Not sure if there are any others.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2021, 10:24:10 PM »

I've never cared much for online video content like Twitch or YouTube, aside from one or two commentators and some video essay channels, but Twitch's draconian language policing has always bothered me. Generally speaking, whenever words are banned regardless of context it makes me angry and Twitch does that a lot.

Not that Twitch would actually ban the word "woman" but still, pushing this womxn and Latinx nonsense is stupid and is an insult.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but don't they have a long list of words that are banned in any context regardless of if they're used as an insult or not?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2021, 10:35:23 PM »

Maybe I'm misremembering, but don't they have a long list of words that are banned in any context regardless of if they're used as an insult or not?

Sounds dumb as hell, but frankly Twitch itself sounds dumb as hell to me. I like to play video games, not watch other people play video games.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2021, 11:18:07 PM »

"simp". Not sure if there are any others.
Virgin and incel
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2021, 12:30:12 AM »

I'm very pleased by this since this seems to imply that the term "womxn" is now officially cancelled. Hopefully we can now roll back even further and abolish "Latinx" and "folx" as well.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2021, 11:41:35 AM »

Ha even the BBC reported on this: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56251452
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2021, 03:04:30 PM »

You love to see it!
I'm very pleased by this since this seems to imply that the term "womxn" is now officially cancelled. Hopefully we can now roll back even further and abolish "Latinx" and "folx" as well.
Let's hope.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2021, 03:08:05 PM »

It was 'the trans' that called out this nonsense.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2021, 06:12:29 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2021, 06:30:19 PM by politics_king »

Twitter had a field day with the trending topics of wxman and latinx, yesterday. The point was right too, having people not in your circle pumping out this s*** is dumb because it's usually hipster woke white leftists. It's annoying and doesn't help anyone. Real Progressives are trying to fix wages for low income households, not hipster woke non-binary Terri. I don't fully understand gender fluidness, but hey to each their own. I totally support transgender rights, but at some point we need to take a step back or the LGBTQ community does and be like, wtf seriously?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies