Pro-choice people: Can nursing mothers without access to formula kill newborns?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:18:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Pro-choice people: Can nursing mothers without access to formula kill newborns?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Skip
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Pro-choice people: Can nursing mothers without access to formula kill newborns?  (Read 1096 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2021, 06:50:49 PM »

Compared to infanticide?  I think it's fairly obvious who's not being serious here.
No, compared to breastfeeding.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2021, 09:04:34 PM »

Compared to infanticide?  I think it's fairly obvious who's not being serious here.
No, compared to breastfeeding.

You can't even parse your own analogy properly, how sad.  No wonder they no longer include analogies on the SAT; kids today never learn how to handle them. Here, let me help you.

Here is the analogy you are making,
carrying to term : abortion :: breastfeeding : infanticide

You're comparing abortion to infanticide and carrying to term with breastfeeding.

Of course, your analogy ignores the fact that with our current capabilities, the only  way to not carry a fetus to term is by abortion, whereas there are many alternative results to not breastfeeding a child other than infanticide and the use of formula.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2021, 10:55:25 PM »

You can't even parse your own analogy properly, how sad.  No wonder they no longer include analogies on the SAT; kids today never learn how to handle them. Here, let me help you.

You're comparing abortion to infanticide and carrying to term with breastfeeding.

Of course, your analogy ignores the fact that with our current capabilities, the only  way to not carry a fetus to term is by abortion, whereas there are many alternative results to not breastfeeding a child other than infanticide and the use of formula.
My analogy, as a response to the violinist argument, is not absolutely practical in nature; nor is what it refutes. Theoretical morality, rather different from in practice.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2021, 11:58:06 PM »

My analogy, as a response to the violinist argument, is not absolutely practical in nature; nor is what it refutes. Theoretical morality, rather different from in practice.

Since you're basing your argument solely on theory and ignoring the real world, would it be safe to say you're either an economist or a sociologist? (Or even worse, a political scientist!!!!)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 12:23:36 AM »

Since you're basing your argument solely on theory and ignoring the real world, would it be safe to say you're either an economist or a sociologist? (Or even worse, a political scientist!!!!)
Philosophy and debate, even with abortion, often revolves around theoretical questions.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2021, 07:05:22 PM »

Philosophy and debate, even with abortion, often revolves around theoretical questions.

Theory is necessary but definitely not sufficient.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies