Would other Republican nominees win the electoral college?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:42:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  Would other Republican nominees win the electoral college?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would other Republican nominees win the electoral college?  (Read 371 times)
tagimaucia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 18, 2021, 10:07:00 AM »

A Rubio or Kasich would have almost certainly done better in the national popular vote than Trump IMO, and after 8 years of a democratic president, and facing a D nominee with very poor favorables, I think either of them would have outright won it.  (I personally don't think Cruz would have done very well or won the popular vote, however).

But I think the coalition of a Rubio or Kasich wouldn't have been nearly as efficient in the electoral college, and its quite conceivable to me that either of them might have won the popular vote while losing Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan (and therefore the election).

What do you think?
ChelseaT
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 01:40:11 PM »

Considering It's Hillary Clinton and losing is what she does best, I think Kasich would have beat her easily. Rubio would have probably narrowly pulled it off, even after turning into little Marco in the debates.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies