GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 04:53:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 145710 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: July 19, 2022, 07:56:30 AM »

Walker now lies and says he was in the FBI, among other things

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #601 on: July 19, 2022, 09:07:26 AM »

Honestly, I think attacking Walker has to be done strategically because otherwise it may come across as bullying to some.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #602 on: July 19, 2022, 09:40:02 AM »

Honestly, I think attacking Walker has to be done strategically because otherwise it may come across as bullying to some.

I mean, no one forced him to run for Senate. He put himself in this position. If he wants to be a United States Senator, he should have to be prepared to deal with the scrutiny that comes along with that.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #603 on: July 19, 2022, 12:04:57 PM »

Walker is, of course, a pitiable individual, even if that doesn't make him any more worthy of being in the US Senate; football was horrendously unsafe when he played, and given his mental issues he really shouldn't have been allowed to play. He definitely shouldn't have been put in a position where that was his most viable path to success in life. As such, I don't really think it makes sense to "bully" him. What would you even say? Everyone knows it isn't his fault, but it's still relevant when thinking about who should be our Senator.

The people who should really be bullied, imho, are the Georgia voters who want to unseat a perfectly good incumbent for a man clearly in need of serious mental help because partisanship so fully controls their thought at this point. Most of them have no excuse.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #604 on: July 19, 2022, 10:03:32 PM »

Walker is, of course, a pitiable individual, even if that doesn't make him any more worthy of being in the US Senate; football was horrendously unsafe when he played, and given his mental issues he really shouldn't have been allowed to play. He definitely shouldn't have been put in a position where that was his most viable path to success in life. As such, I don't really think it makes sense to "bully" him. What would you even say? Everyone knows it isn't his fault, but it's still relevant when thinking about who should be our Senator.

The people who should really be bullied, imho, are the Georgia voters who want to unseat a perfectly good incumbent for a man clearly in need of serious mental help because partisanship so fully controls their thought at this point. Most of them have no excuse.

I’m very curious to see how Warnock performs in a lot of the “moderate” Atlanta suburbs where he underran Biden in the special election despite doing better statewide. I have lost a lot of faith in places like Cherokee County which nets the GOP a lot of votes even though it’s been shifting left
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #605 on: July 19, 2022, 10:48:29 PM »

It's darkly humorous that nobody even considers the possibility of simply not attacking your opponent anymore.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #606 on: July 21, 2022, 08:43:59 AM »

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #607 on: July 21, 2022, 09:05:51 AM »

I hope he does debate Warnock. Which is exactly why the people propping him up most likely won't let him.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #608 on: July 21, 2022, 06:48:42 PM »

If he refuses to attend debates, they should still be held with Warnock and an empty podium for Walker.

At the empty podium, play clips of Walker spewing nonsense in place of a live person. Get his insanity out there to more voters.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #609 on: July 21, 2022, 08:27:27 PM »

If he refuses to attend debates, they should still be held with Warnock and an empty podium for Walker.

At the empty podium, play clips of Walker spewing nonsense in place of a live person. Get his insanity out there to more voters.

That would make for good ads
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #610 on: July 22, 2022, 09:36:55 AM »

Walker acting as if "no one is talking about" abortion rights is a.... choice. Especially for suburban constituencies.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #611 on: July 22, 2022, 09:43:36 AM »

Walker acting as if "no one is talking about" abortion rights is a.... choice. Especially for suburban constituencies.

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1550217257774637057

I know, it's probably not a very popular opinion here and I'd love to be proven wrong, though I'm not fully convinced Roe / abortion is a deciding issue here. Sure, almost anybody has an opinion on abortion, though the issue itsself just affects a very limited number of people in their daily lives. On the other hand, inflation and affordability affects pretty much anyone.

I still consider Warnock a slight favorite because he's a strong candidate, I would just not bank on the abortion debate to save him. Dems must talk rising prices and other kitchentable issues.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #612 on: July 22, 2022, 09:47:40 AM »

I know, it's probably not a very popular opinion here and I'd love to be proven wrong, though I'm not fully convinced Roe / abortion is a deciding issue here. Sure, almost anybody has an opinion on abortion, though the issue itsself just affects a very limited number of people in their daily lives. On the other hand, inflation and affordability affects pretty much anyone.

I still consider Warnock a slight favorite because he's a strong candidate, I would just not bank on the abortion debate to save him. Dems must talk rising prices and other kitchentable issues.

It doesn't need to be "the" issue, but Walker effectively downplaying everything and saying that it doesn't matter at *all* on an issue that has overwhelming support (and with GA now fully implementing a 6-week ban), he's not only giving Warnock another thing to attack him on, but abortion rights are a huge issue for the exact voters who which GA is trending blue with, so activating them with these types of comments is just a terrible move imo.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #613 on: July 22, 2022, 10:14:30 AM »

It doesn't need to be "the" issue, but Walker effectively downplaying everything and saying that it doesn't matter at *all* on an issue that has overwhelming support (and with GA now fully implementing a 6-week ban), he's not only giving Warnock another thing to attack him on, but abortion rights are a huge issue for the exact voters who which GA is trending blue with, so activating them with these types of comments is just a terrible move imo.

Tbf, polling suggest in the Southeast outside of FL, abortion isn’t as much of a winning issue as it is elsewhere, and it only narrowly outperforms partisanship. It can be used for activating more Dems but won’t have the same electoral consequences as a place such as PA.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #614 on: July 22, 2022, 11:03:54 AM »

I would disagree with that notion - state specific polls from Washington to Iowa have shown that abortion rights have ranked pretty high compared to other issues. In WA, I believe it was actually #1, and even in IA, with Cygnal, it was #2

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #615 on: July 25, 2022, 09:08:35 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #616 on: July 25, 2022, 09:13:32 AM »

God, that debate is gonna be a mess and a half. Not sure which one I'm more excited for - this one or the Fett/Oz one
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #617 on: July 25, 2022, 09:21:30 AM »

Deeply depressing that this race is basically a tossup.
I love boats
United States
« Reply #618 on: July 25, 2022, 01:28:01 PM »

I think Herschel Walker will win 25% of blacks.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #619 on: July 25, 2022, 02:06:41 PM »

I think Herschel Walker will win 25% of blacks.

You didn't by any chance come to this conclusion after a long and thoughtful discussion with your family friend's nephew's roomate's distant cousin, did you?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #620 on: July 26, 2022, 03:52:15 PM »

New AJC poll out Wed morning.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #621 on: July 28, 2022, 08:05:07 AM »

"for all the fans" .....

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #622 on: July 29, 2022, 10:13:26 AM »

Warnock and Walker are now 50-50 in 538's Deluxe Senate model.  Warnock is a 57% favorite in the Classic model.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #623 on: July 29, 2022, 02:54:03 PM »

Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #624 on: July 29, 2022, 03:06:28 PM »

Warnock and Walker are now 50-50 in 538's Deluxe Senate model.  Warnock is a 57% favorite in the Classic model.
Delux model is crap. Just use the classic with the understanding that it’s a snapshot of if the election were held today and not a prediction of the future.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies