GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:09:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 145376 times)
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: September 02, 2022, 12:14:04 PM »

The reason Warnock keeps trying to attack Walker on this issue is because he wants to obscure his story of mistreating his wife. In fact, as stated in this attack ad, his wife said, quote, "I have tried to keep the way that he acts under wraps for a long time."

Warnock hit his wife with a car after an argument, after which the police was called. Earlier this year, Warnock was accused of neglecting his own children by failing to meet their financial needs.

"Despite being worth $800 000 and making $774 000 every year from taxpayers, when officials attempted serve him papers, Warnock ran from the process server."

As his wife says "he is a great actor".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuBu4O74glI

... No. There was no "hitting" with a car.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/warnock-wife-involved-dispute/MCQYpvtswlZIIGdItrfcBJ/

He told police that his wife refused to close the right rear passenger door of his car so that he could leave. He told authorities he began to “slowly” drive forward — and then heard his wife accuse him of driving over her foot.

The report said Ouleye Warnock was able to wiggle her toes and that Grady Hospital first-responders were “not able to locate any swelling, redness, or bruising or broken bones.”

Driving over someone's foot is very different from hitting someone with a car, which was an intentional choice of words for that attack ad. And regardless of whether he did it or not, it seems there was no actual injury and likely no intent to cause injury.

As for the accusation regarding financial concerns, it seems like that's due to the custody arrangement being established before he was in the Senate and him possibly not compensating his ex-wife for child care on days that he was supposed to have custody of the children. Definitely still a legitimate issue that the courts need to deal with, but not neglect in the way the ad tries to paint it.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #726 on: September 03, 2022, 11:04:11 AM »

I-

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #727 on: September 03, 2022, 11:41:41 AM »

Walker says a lot of dumb stuff, but it's probably baked in the calculus already. If people haven't been turned off by his previous 1788 moments, I doubt more will hurt him unless it's like a Roy Moore one. Most people who think Walker is an idiot and dislike him are already in Warnock's camp, but he is still well under 50%.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #728 on: September 04, 2022, 10:45:50 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #729 on: September 07, 2022, 08:04:32 AM »

Question for anyone on the ground or who has seen ads - is Warnock focusing on abortion? I feel like he has not been hitting Walker nearly enough on the issue, but maybe I just haven't seen ads about it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #730 on: September 07, 2022, 07:37:45 PM »

Question for anyone on the ground or who has seen ads - is Warnock focusing on abortion? I feel like he has not been hitting Walker nearly enough on the issue, but maybe I just haven't seen ads about it.

I'm curious if he is afraid that emphasizing it may alienate religious black voters, especially with him being a reverend.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #731 on: September 07, 2022, 07:47:18 PM »

Abrams is, Warnock isn't, in the ads I've seen.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #732 on: September 08, 2022, 07:34:20 AM »

Interesting. Feels like a total miscalculation on his part.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #733 on: September 08, 2022, 02:47:00 PM »

He tweets fairly about being a pro choice pastor but has no ads up dealing with the matter.

I think there are fewer persuadable voters on abortion here than in places out west or up north.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #734 on: September 08, 2022, 03:09:58 PM »

In Georgia? Not at all.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #735 on: September 08, 2022, 03:12:15 PM »

In Georgia? Not at all.

How so? Even a place like KS is overwhelmingly pro-choice, clearly.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #736 on: September 08, 2022, 04:10:03 PM »

In Georgia? Not at all.

Cause in the Southern states, large swaths of Dem voting rural blacks oppose abortion and are generally just culturally more conservative on social issues. Really the only place where abortion has support in the South is liberal cities and Atlanta alone isn't enough to carry the state (though it can get a Dem 80% of the way there).
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #737 on: September 08, 2022, 08:32:42 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2022, 01:59:23 PM by Peltola for God Empress »

In Georgia? Not at all.

Cause in the Southern states, large swaths of Dem voting rural blacks oppose abortion and are generally just culturally more conservative on social issues. Really the only place where abortion has support in the South is liberal cities and Atlanta alone isn't enough to carry the state (though it can get a Dem 80% of the way there).

This ^
the democratic nominee for SC-07 in 2018 was anti gay marriage
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #738 on: September 08, 2022, 09:40:25 PM »

They must have been reading what you've been writing.  A Warnock commercial just came on--hitting Walker hard on his abortion stance (or lack thereof--Walker looked typically foolish in his response).
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #739 on: September 08, 2022, 10:02:53 PM »

Maybe they spent the summer focusing on Walker’s character and are now focusing more on policy in the fall.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #740 on: September 09, 2022, 08:05:21 AM »

Maybe they spent the summer focusing on Walker’s character and are now focusing more on policy in the fall.

Warnock has so much money that I'd rather see him do both lol. Just hit Walker on all fronts.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #741 on: September 09, 2022, 09:41:10 AM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #742 on: September 09, 2022, 06:32:02 PM »

As concerned as I have become about this race recently, I am still anticipating their debate. Perhaps a clear contrast between the two candidates is exactly what some people need to see. I can see Walker making some unfortunate gaffes or looking as completely out of his depth as he is. Perhaps we here overstate how debates affect campaigns, but I can see something significant coming out of the one with these two.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #743 on: September 10, 2022, 04:13:30 PM »

The bad air floats over from China bringing Communism. See you monday for sunday night football!
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #744 on: September 10, 2022, 08:34:01 PM »

I'm guessing this decision is because Abrams has the relative luxury of running against Kemp's concrete fetal heartbeat ban whereas the Senatorial race faces the abstract framework national level. In addition Muh Evangelical Black Boomers is such a reductionist take on their nuanced social mores; sure they're disproportionately pro-life compared to black people at-large however they're not exactly for the absolutist ban Walker's pushing. You'd know more about their views than I but it certainly seems like Warnock's leaving something on the table if he doesn't at least hit Walker on his no-exception stance.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #745 on: September 11, 2022, 03:35:53 PM »

It's just hard for me to understand that ... this is polling higher than Warnock right now.

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #746 on: September 12, 2022, 12:56:00 PM »

It's just hard for me to understand that ... this is polling higher than Warnock right now.

"Democrats are focused on nonsensical culture wars like if trans men can get pregnant. We are focusing on REAL issues like how there are like 5 or 6 trans girls in high school sports!"
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #747 on: September 12, 2022, 12:56:31 PM »

Tbf it’s only 1 poll
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #748 on: September 12, 2022, 06:38:47 PM »

Maybe his incredibly simplistic way of speaking has something to do with it? He may sound like a high-schooler who phoned it in on their class presentation, but you know what he's trying to say? I don't know, I'm reaching here, but stupid s*** like that can make certain voters identify with a politician.

Tbf it’s only 1 poll

There have been at least three polls showing Walker ahead recently.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #749 on: September 12, 2022, 06:50:26 PM »

For all of his flaws, this is actually smart by Walker to create the narrative that it’s democrats talking about these issues. For culture stuff to be effective, the narrative needs to be that democrats are extreme and they insist on talking about it instead of bread and butter issues.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies