GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:48:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 139822 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: September 01, 2021, 08:47:32 PM »

I still expect Walker to prevail, since Trump's endorsement overrides all the local Republicans'.

Eh his endorsement helps but doesn’t always prevail over locals (see TX-06 special)
Specials are usually not the best benchmarks for this. Especially considering Georgia's track record with the last one that was high profile before the Senate Tongue
JMT

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #376 on: September 03, 2021, 09:04:41 AM »

Here’s Trump’s formal endorsement for Walker.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #377 on: September 03, 2021, 09:30:25 AM »

LOL... what's the difference between "endorsement" and "complete and total endorsement"?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #378 on: September 03, 2021, 12:17:43 PM »

He bought Herschel Walker way back in 1982 with a contract that promised that Walker would be paid for personal services even if the New Jersey Generals folded (as they did). Say what you will about Herschel Walker as a person, but the man stays bought.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #379 on: September 03, 2021, 03:19:09 PM »

He bought Herschel Walker way back in 1982 with a contract that promised that Walker would be paid for personal services even if the New Jersey Generals folded (as they did). Say what you will about Herschel Walker as a person, but the man stays bought.
Proof of Herschel Walker’s true values
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #380 on: September 03, 2021, 03:31:07 PM »

Cringe.

Also he's friends with Alex Clark who blocked me on twitter (which I take pride in).
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #381 on: September 04, 2021, 08:19:56 PM »

I still think Walker wins the nomination and then loses to Warnock by a point or two. My opinion hasn't really changed.

I think Republicans flip New Hampshire and Nevada before Georgia.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #382 on: September 05, 2021, 01:00:06 AM »

As unstoppable as Roy Moore.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #383 on: September 05, 2021, 01:32:18 AM »

I still think Walker wins the nomination and then loses to Warnock by a point or two. My opinion hasn't really changed.

I think Republicans flip New Hampshire and Nevada before Georgia.

I agree with this (also AZ before GA), but I could see Walker winning a narrow plurality in November. It just wouldn’t be enough because he’d very likely lose the runoff. If the Republican wins an outright majority in November, it’s a really bad night for Democrats (assuming there were other candidates or at least a Libertarian on the ballot).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #384 on: October 14, 2021, 02:32:23 AM »

Herschel Walker forced to cancel a fundraiser with a woman who has a swastika-shaped image in her Twitter profile.

Georgia Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker has canceled a fundraiser hosted by a woman whose Twitter account featured a swastika-shaped image used to protest Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

"The previously scheduled event has been called off," said Mallory Blount, a spokeswoman for Walker's campaign. "Herschel is a strong friend of Israel and the Jewish community and opposes hatred and bigotry of all forms. Despite the fact that the apparent intent behind the graphic was to condemn government vaccine mandates, the symbol used is very offensive and does not reflect the values of Herschel Walker or his campaign."

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution first reported that Walker would attend an event in Texas this weekend hosted by Bettina Sofia Viviano-Langlais, a film producer. Her Twitter account included a profile picture of a rendering of a swastika made out of medical needles. The image has been used by opponents of vaccine mandates. Viviano-Langlais has since removed the image.

Earlier on Wednesday, a Walker spokeswoman had defended Viviano-Langlais' profile picture as an "anti-mandatory vaccination graphic" in a statement to the AJC.

Georgia Democrats attacked Walker over the issue Wednesday. "Herschel Walker defended a swastika, and canceling a fundraiser does not change the fact that he failed to condemn a hateful, anti-Semitic symbol," Democratic Party of Georgia spokesman Dan Gottlieb said in a statement.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #385 on: October 14, 2021, 05:30:56 PM »

Herschel Walker forced to cancel a fundraiser with a woman who has a swastika-shaped image in her Twitter profile.

Georgia Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker has canceled a fundraiser hosted by a woman whose Twitter account featured a swastika-shaped image used to protest Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

"The previously scheduled event has been called off," said Mallory Blount, a spokeswoman for Walker's campaign. "Herschel is a strong friend of Israel and the Jewish community and opposes hatred and bigotry of all forms. Despite the fact that the apparent intent behind the graphic was to condemn government vaccine mandates, the symbol used is very offensive and does not reflect the values of Herschel Walker or his campaign."

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution first reported that Walker would attend an event in Texas this weekend hosted by Bettina Sofia Viviano-Langlais, a film producer. Her Twitter account included a profile picture of a rendering of a swastika made out of medical needles. The image has been used by opponents of vaccine mandates. Viviano-Langlais has since removed the image.

Earlier on Wednesday, a Walker spokeswoman had defended Viviano-Langlais' profile picture as an "anti-mandatory vaccination graphic" in a statement to the AJC.

Georgia Democrats attacked Walker over the issue Wednesday. "Herschel Walker defended a swastika, and canceling a fundraiser does not change the fact that he failed to condemn a hateful, anti-Semitic symbol," Democratic Party of Georgia spokesman Dan Gottlieb said in a statement.

Off to a good start, I see.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #386 on: October 14, 2021, 07:44:42 PM »

Really winning back those moderate college educated white people.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #387 on: October 14, 2021, 07:59:00 PM »

Walker doesn't need to convert a single college-educated white voter in order to win, he just needs enough Democrats to stay home/be suppressed. Given that this is a Biden midterm, I expect a combination of the two to happen.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #388 on: October 27, 2021, 10:58:34 AM »

Mitch McConnell endorses Herschel Walker.

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell is backing former football star Herschel Walker's Senate bid in Georgia, a sign that the Republican establishment is aligning behind Walker after initially holding concerns about the GOP candidate's viability.

McConnell over the summer had privately expressed concerns with Walker's potential candidacy and suggested to allies that former Georgia Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler should consider running again after their narrow losses in January, CNN reported. Some Republicans have raised concerns about abuse allegations against Walker and his ability to win a crucial seat.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #389 on: October 27, 2021, 11:06:50 AM »

Walker won't win, Walker hasn't done anything for BLM and what has he done for Blk community, Warnock is gonna stay

But it's going to a Runoff
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #390 on: October 27, 2021, 11:08:12 AM »

Walker doesn't need to convert a single college-educated white voter in order to win, he just needs enough Democrats to stay home/be suppressed. Given that this is a Biden midterm, I expect a combination of the two to happen.

Snowkabrador said Warnock, Peters we're gonna lose in 2020
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #391 on: October 27, 2021, 09:51:58 PM »

This shtick is draining.
Beebeebutt
Rookie
United States
« Reply #392 on: November 26, 2021, 04:47:18 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2021, 12:30:49 AM by Beebeebutt »

Former state Rep Josh Clark is running
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #393 on: December 14, 2021, 06:34:37 AM »

Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #394 on: December 14, 2021, 04:39:27 PM »

I still support Herschel for senate, but he should probably calm his son down.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #395 on: December 14, 2021, 07:47:19 PM »

I still support Herschel for senate, but he should probably calm his son down.

His son know as an absolute nut job and a joke to anyone under 30. He makes me wish I was straight
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #396 on: December 14, 2021, 07:55:05 PM »

He's gonna get gay rights taken away from all of us
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #397 on: December 14, 2021, 09:00:36 PM »

Honestly if he is what gay rights leads to I’ll give them up.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #398 on: December 14, 2021, 10:42:02 PM »

He apparently does this sh**t when he's out in West Hollywood. One of the many reasons I avoid the bars entirely now
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #399 on: December 15, 2021, 01:28:18 AM »

He apparently does this sh**t when he's out in West Hollywood. One of the many reasons I avoid the bars entirely now

He honestly seems like a skinny Nikocado Avocado. I really hope he doesn't ruin Herschel's image as a candidate.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies