GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:03:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 140493 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2021, 06:44:30 PM »

Loeffler needs to stay away from statewide politics, not that it makes that much difference in the end.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2021, 06:49:18 PM »

I bet Perdue called Trump at Mar A Lago and asked Trump for his endorsement for 2022 and Trump told him to pound sand

Trump is probably going to endorse Doug Collins, MTG, Vernon Jones, or Herschel Walker for this and the GA Gubernatorial primary.

He probably has a whole lineup of endorsements for senate, governor, lt governor, secretary of state, attorney general, etc.

That would be my guess too.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2021, 08:27:58 PM »

Warnock broke the color barrier, it's gonna be hard to dispatch him from office from GA.

I hope he serves along with future Senator Mfume who is the heir apparent should DC become a State should Ds net gain seats

If this was a Prez and we had Biden, Kenyatta would be an excellent idea, but we need Fetterman. Blue collar roots can help is in other races

Why do you think Mfume, a Baltimore politician who currently represents them in congress, would be a senator for DC?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2021, 08:50:39 PM »

Yeah, I think it's obvious that Marjorie Taylor Greene is running, and Purdue knows he can't beat her in a statewide primary.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2021, 08:59:28 PM »

Yeah, I think it's obvious that Marjorie Taylor Greene is running, and Purdue knows he can't beat her in a statewide primary.

Doug Collins and Loeffler might also have muscled him out. Loeffler has already got public praise from Cotton and Haley, amongst others.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2021, 11:22:21 PM »

Rs aren't winning this seat period, GA has changed and so is NC and FL and VA, they are Sunbelt states not Bible belt States
.yeah, we lost NC and FL, but that was before Insurrectionists

Rs shouldn't underestimate J.Jackson, he isn't CUNNINGHAM that had the sex scandal
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2021, 11:30:42 PM »

Realistically, Doug Collins is the presumptive nominee.

He can somewhat unite the Trump base and the moderate Atlanta suburbanites.

But I still think Warnock would be favored.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2021, 11:45:17 PM »

Doug Collins and Loeffler might also have muscled him out. Loeffler has already got public praise from Cotton and Haley, amongst others.

Loeffler is also the richest
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2021, 07:25:29 AM »

Loeffler?

In the last two months she's:
- Lost a Senate race, handing control of the Senate to Democrats
- Given a speech in the Senate explaining why she planned to uphold the 2020 Presidential results, after hinting she would vote against them
- Indicated that she's desperate to return to office.

I really don't think she's going to be able to rally GOP primary voters next year. Compared to the other potential candidates, she almost looks moderate - I think they'll be far more interested in Collins, MTG etc, especially if they've been whipped up into a Tea Party-like fury.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2021, 07:53:55 AM »

Even if Rs maintained Senate, Loeffler didn't understand that since the House was D, they couldn't overturn a states EC vote. It takes only one House to reject the objection, to substain the Prez winner.

The Rs also didn't stop Mcconnell from objecting to 2K stimulus and they ran on in GA allowing 2K checks.

It's looks better for the D's that they will have enough votes in Senate after 2022, and D's maintaining the House that we will get Statehood and wave insurance seats in OH, NC and FL

NC looks very good now for D's, McCrory said on Meet the Press don't underestimate Jeff Jackson
forsythvoter

« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2021, 04:58:55 PM »

I think Perdue is a decent choice for the Rs. I'm open to voting for Perdue in 2022 depending on how the Ds do with their trifecta, and frankly, of all the R contenders for the seat (MTG, Collins, Perdue, Loeffler), I really am not open to voting for the other three for varying reasons.  However, Perdue will need to run a far better campaign than he did this cycle. If we are still hearing in 2022 about how Trump wasn't responsible for the riots, we shouldn't be shocked if the ATL suburbs trend even further D.

I think we know this story ends, don’t we? Between this and Del Tachi's comment about Perdue not being anathema to Buckhead whites/being formidable in those areas because it’s a Biden midterm, this thread honestly couldn’t have been off to a better (or, well, more ominous) start.

Just catching up on the last few weeks here - looks like we'll never know. But to the rest of your commentary - I think the closest race to a generic R / D one during the 1/5 runoff was the PSC race, which went the R won by about 30k votes. Sure, the electorate was probably a D-leaning one based on who turned out, but even so, the votes were there for a truly generic R to win. I would argue Perdue / Loeffler ultimately didn't win because of the Trump factor turned off enough voters such that Perdue / Loeffler didn't get the level of Biden crossover voters that they needed.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2021, 05:37:08 PM »

Warnock broke the color barrier, it's gonna be hard to dispatch him from office from GA.

I hope he serves along with future Senator Mfume who is the heir apparent should DC become a State should Ds net gain seats

If this was a Prez and we had Biden, Kenyatta would be an excellent idea, but we need Fetterman. Blue collar roots can help is in other races
Why do you think Mfume, a Baltimore politician who currently represents them in congress, would be a senator for DC?

The bot keeps declaring this in many threads. I don't think the user realizes that Baltimore and D.C. are different cities. Though they have similar shapes. So perhaps that's it.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2021, 07:57:19 AM »

I think what the GOP is doing to gut voting rights in this state is going to set back its blue trend a few years. My feeling is the state likely goes R for Senate in 2022, it’s Tilt D for President in 2024 but by Osoff is favored in 2026 and by 2028 it’s a Likely Dem state.

But the BS being pulled might make this seat hard to win in 2022.

**Yes I know, blah blah MM and Georgia blah blah.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2021, 10:40:46 AM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2021, 10:47:06 AM »

Would probably not have won a primary either, after siding with Kemp and becoming a target of Trump. I think latter repeatedly called him something like "dumb as a rock".
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2021, 12:42:06 PM »

Seems to be a reasonable Republican... wasn’t sure many of those existed
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2021, 01:03:14 PM »

You mean the moderate Atlanta suburbanites that are now voting for Democrats? Why would a right wing loon like Doug Collins win them back?
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2021, 01:05:18 PM »

You mean the moderate Atlanta suburbanites that are now voting for Democrats? Why would a right wing loon like Doug Collins win them back?
Because unfortunately, moderate often also means low information.

But he is no longer the presumptive nominee. I think it's Herschel Walker.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2021, 01:18:47 PM »

No Republican is going to win back 'the '''moderate''' Atlanta suburbanites' who turned out for a runoff election to vote out their incumbent Republican Senator to give Biden a trifecta, regardless of how 'moderate' they are.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2021, 05:14:18 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2021, 05:17:47 PM by Monstro Believed in a Blue Georgia (and a Blue Texas) »

Feels like only 5 months ago that folks felt it was imperative that Kelly Loeffler defeat "right-wing loon" Doug Collins cause she'd be the best candidate to coalesce moderate suburbanites with the Trump base.

If the GA GOP feels that Collins is their last best hope, they're beyond repair for the next decade.

And if they feel Herschel Walker is their new standard-bearer, I think the party knows the writing on the wall.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2021, 08:47:07 AM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2021, 09:36:43 AM »

He was an ally of Doug Collins, so might that indicate that the latter is running for Governor?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2021, 10:28:50 AM »

That's interesting. As others have stated, maybe Collins is running for Governor rather than Senate. I still expect Warnock to lose, though. The polls will have him leading by a lot, but he'll end up losing by a little.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2021, 04:50:58 PM »

Nice to see a candidate that's, you know, credible.
butWhyNot?
Rookie
United States
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2021, 05:13:08 PM »

MTG will not run.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies