GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:53:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 140534 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2021, 10:34:41 AM »

the Georgia GOP is really starting to rival the Arizona GOP for most ineptitude
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2021, 03:56:37 PM »

Imagining a Loeffler, Perdue primary is hilarious.

“No I lost better!”
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2021, 04:02:29 PM »

the Georgia GOP is really starting to rival the Arizona GOP for most ineptitude

Let then do their thing. It moves both states faster to the Democrats. It's hilarious both of these had two Republican senators as recent as 2018 and that has been completely turned.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2021, 04:14:35 PM »

Lean D -> Lean D.
JoeInator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -4.00

« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2021, 04:22:28 PM »

Who would even win a Perdue-Loeffler primary/runoff? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had the impression that they were attractive to the same group of voters.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2021, 04:23:20 PM »

“No I lost better!”

A deeply sadistic part of me is hoping that Collins joins the bloodbath instead of challenging Kemp so we can watch a glorious three-way race to the pits of proto-fascist hell to make sure that, even moreso than Loeffler was in 2020, whoever makes it out alive is as misaligned as possible with the general electorate and one of my current favorite senators slides through to a first full term by upwards of three points.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2021, 04:43:25 PM »

Who would even win a Perdue-Loeffler primary/runoff? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had the impression that they were attractive to the same group of voters.

Definitely Perdue. I can't see Loeffler winning that runoff, but, more significantly, I doubt she has it in her to make it to the runoff against him; more likely the runoff would be a rural extremist candidate (Taylor-Greene is certainly possible) vs. Perdue.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2021, 06:12:44 PM »

She must be a masochist. She made a complete 🤡 of herself and she wants to put herself through that again after only six weeks.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2021, 09:55:43 AM »

Perdue OUT:

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2021, 10:05:39 AM »

Final Stage of Grief

Acceptance
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2021, 10:17:52 AM »

It's probably going to be Doug Collins for the GOP. Anyway, Tilt D -> Tilt D
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2021, 10:26:39 AM »

Perdue and Loeffler should go back in the private sector....

Doug Collins, Karen Handel, the ultimate Karen, will most likely run for Warnock's seat.....
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2021, 10:29:11 AM »

If republicans wanna flip the seat, they better not run Loeffler.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2021, 10:52:27 AM »

Democrats should run ads promoting Marjorie Taylor Greene to jump into the race.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2021, 11:23:45 AM »

Lol that was fast. Damn though, I really wanted to watch the sh*tshow that would've been a Perdue/Loeffler/Collins/MTG primary.
JoeInator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -4.00

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2021, 11:53:08 AM »

With Perdue teasing a run and Loeffler considering running I thought I would say this. To be honest, I don't get why people who lose elections run again in rematches. The voters don't want you to represent them, otherwise they would've voted you into office. Why don't election losers realize that? Are their egos that large?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2021, 12:14:34 PM »

With Perdue teasing a run and Loeffler considering running I thought I would say this. To be honest, I don't get why people who lose elections run again in rematches. The voters don't want you to represent them, otherwise they would've voted you into office. Why don't election losers realize that? Are their egos that large?

Minds can change, the electorate does change and, especially in contemporary general elections, candidates only have so much control over their electoral performance. Apparently, there's a guy who was prepared to run three presidential campaigns; I can't imagine the last ended well for him.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2021, 12:16:55 PM »

Well, there are some candidates who fell victim to the national environment (e.g. Angie Craig in 2016, Young Qim in 2018), so it isn’t particularly unreasonable for them to give it another try imo. You should keep in mind some voters don’t care about ‘candidate quality’ and just vote straight ticket D/R due to the national environment. Also, turnout is a factor that is mostly out of the candidates’ control - Yvette Herrell, who won by 8% last year, lost in 2018 due to poor R turnout, but that wasn’t really her fault.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2021, 12:29:52 PM »

Were at the end of this Recession, the country won't be open this yr, but by Jan 2022,we will be back to a new normal, we don't know what the new normal is, but it won't be anything like 2020/ that's why Ds chances of keeping Congress keeps on improving with Biden 56% approvals
Pink Panther

« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2021, 01:03:33 PM »

Will Sonny Perdue run?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2021, 01:06:05 PM »

Candidate quality is generally overrated as a factor, and Perdue/Loeffler can (accurately) chalk up their runoff loses to Trump's "soft boycott" of Georgia's elections (which won't be a factor in 2022 + the usual poor midterm environment for the incumbent party.)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2021, 01:06:24 PM »

“No I lost better!”

A deeply sadistic part of me is hoping that Collins joins the bloodbath instead of challenging Kemp so we can watch a glorious three-way race to the pits of proto-fascist hell to make sure that, even moreso than Loeffler was in 2020, whoever makes it out alive is as misaligned as possible with the general electorate and one of my current favorite senators slides through to a first full term by upwards of three points.

Welp, I guess this isn't happening, but we can still hope for a 2020 primary redux, right?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2021, 01:09:37 PM »

Probably not but it's funny that you bring him up because ironically enough, a rumor about him considering primarying Kemp popped up last week, but Perdueworld quickly denied it:

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-blog/the-jolt-floodgates-open-on-gop-election-bills/RUAX6FZJN5HZJHYTD2JWU5JLY4/

'Tis the season for campaign trial balloons. But there's one rumor we might be able to pop before it's even been floated.

There's scattered buzz in Georgia political circles about a comeback attempt by former Gov. Sonny Perdue, the former agriculture secretary for former President Donald Trump, challenging Gov. Brian Kemp.

It would make quite the storyline, especially if cousin David Perdue also decides to run for U.S. Senate next year. Sonny Perdue was once one of Kemp's biggest champions and appointed him as secretary of state in 2010.

But we're told by three people close to the former governor that he has no plans to challenge Kemp, and that they recently had lunch together to catch up.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2021, 04:10:38 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2021, 04:14:01 PM by MargieCat »

I bet Perdue called Trump at Mar A Lago and asked Trump for his endorsement for 2022 and Trump told him to pound sand

Trump is probably going to endorse Doug Collins, MTG, Vernon Jones, or Herschel Walker for this and the GA Gubernatorial primary.

He probably has a whole lineup of endorsements for senate, governor, lt governor, secretary of state, attorney general, etc.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2021, 04:58:40 PM »

Warnock broke the color barrier, it's gonna be hard to dispatch him from office from GA.

I hope he serves along with future Senator Mfume who is the heir apparent should DC become a State should Ds net gain seats

If this was a Prez and we had Biden, Kenyatta would be an excellent idea, but we need Fetterman. Blue collar roots can help is in other races
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies