2030 Electoral Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:26:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2030 Electoral Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2030 Electoral Map  (Read 21858 times)
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« on: August 30, 2006, 05:25:26 PM »

I got some different results when I allocated the votes for the 2030 estimates. I think I used the same method as the census, according to wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Congressional_Apportionment

With this method, these are the changes:
CA: 55
TX: 40
FL: 36
NY: 24
NC: 16
KY: 8
CT: 7
ID: 5
NE: 5
MT: 4
DE: 4

The changes are slight, but the whole idea remains the same, the movement is from the Northeast, Great Lakes, and parts of the South.
With the way things are going, Nevada should be turning Democratic within time as it has been, and Arizona, Texas, and the Atlantic Southeast will become more competitive. If the Democratic party keeps a hold of their current states in the Northeast and Midwest, while taking advantage of new found liberals in other regions, the changes could be great.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 11:14:27 PM »

I got some different results when I allocated the votes for the 2030 estimates. I think I used the same method as the census, according to wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Congressional_Apportionment

With this method, these are the changes:
CA: 55
TX: 40
FL: 36
NY: 24
NC: 16
KY: 8
CT: 7
ID: 5
NE: 5
MT: 4
DE: 4

The changes are slight, but the whole idea remains the same, the movement is from the Northeast, Great Lakes, and parts of the South.
With the way things are going, Nevada should be turning Democratic within time as it has been, and Arizona, Texas, and the Atlantic Southeast will become more competitive. If the Democratic party keeps a hold of their current states in the Northeast and Midwest, while taking advantage of new found liberals in other regions, the changes could be great.

Are these changes sompared to the map at the top of the thread? If so, they seem strange. In particular, consider DE which you have at 4 or 2 CDs. The 2030 projection is 1,013 K people for DE and that's only about 20% larger than the expected ideal CD at 835 K. They can't get a second CD based on that.

If you've applied the method in the Wiki article then you should be able to say when each state gets each seat, in order from 51 to 435. DE shouldn't be on that list.

I know it's weird, but that's what I got. I actually expected DE to have 1 CD (as well as MT) but those are the results I found.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 11:41:52 AM »

I did take a look at my math, and it appears I made an error somehow although I have no idea what I did, I think I apportioned it with either the wrong formula, or I just messed up my calculations somewhere.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 06:12:39 PM »

I just tried to figure out the apportionment for the CD's, so I didn't use D.C.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies