Woke American Ideas are a Threat, French leaders say (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:32:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Woke American Ideas are a Threat, French leaders say (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Woke American Ideas are a Threat, French leaders say  (Read 4056 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: February 13, 2021, 02:29:40 PM »

Certain Americans who like to feel superior often talk about how racist and casually xenophobic Europe and Europeans supposedly are, but in my experience it’s not often you get a nice guy FF red avatar saying that people should stop identifying with their grandparents’ culture and that Christians shouldn’t have to follow the same social rules as Muslims (as if the very existence of Muslims or immigrants wouldn’t create an out-group dynamic for some people) because Spain is part of Christendom or whatever.

DEUS VULT! Angry
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 07:20:28 PM »

The country that committed genocide as long ago as the 1950's doesn't like people to look introspectively at the link between race and religion and the normalised bigotry in society.
Are you talking about France or repeating Soviet propaganda?

I presume he’s referring to the massacres in Sétif and Guelma in 1945 - which did not constitute a genocide (regardless of what Algerian nationalist mythographers say) and have also been acknowledged and apologised for by the French government.

Why he didn’t mention the utterly malignant role of France in supporting the perpetrators of the Rwandan Genocide, on the other hand, is beyond me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies