TX-06: Dems in Disarray! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:16:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-06: Dems in Disarray! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-06: Dems in Disarray!  (Read 23355 times)
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« on: March 01, 2021, 10:22:37 AM »

Trump is so weird in the fashion he rewards loyalty? Like one minor infraction and you're out but be loyal long enough and he'll endorse you over the dead congressman's widow? bizarre.

anyways, this seat is almost certain to be a good test of local politics versus Trump in the post presidency era since local politicos have all lined up behind Wright. Very good litmus.

Certainly going to add another woman to the GOP's historically female caucus though.
That's still in question.
Not really. Seems almost certain that the GOP choices will be Wright and Pierson. Can't imagine anyone else putting up much of a fight given the resources these two will have.

There's also a well-known State Senator, Jake Ellzey (ran for this seat in '18), as well as another Trump official (Brian Harrison @ HHS) as well as a handful of other lower-profile candidates from business / military. Some on Twitter are talking about a possibility of D vs. D runoff if there are far more GOP candidates, but I'd be surprised - the Dem candidates running look quite weak.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 05:34:05 PM »

Lol

Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 05:38:36 PM »

Lol

Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 08:31:25 AM »

My god, the turnout was abysmal. Texas Democrats are not the only ones with turnout problems, clearly it's a Texas issue at large.

Embarrassing for Trump though.

I mean, if I were a Democrat in that district, I simply wouldn't have voted. I refuse to vote for any Republican, even if those are the only two options.

Maybe if it was a Kinzinger type versus a Trump type, I'd vote for the former, given there's a clear upside to having that person in the House (versus another Republican - not versus a Dem obviously) but this was more like, Crenshaw versus Chip Roy - no material difference.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies