Summary of your religious beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:16:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Summary of your religious beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of your religious beliefs  (Read 10004 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: February 08, 2021, 09:24:25 AM »

Oh, that's interesting. I like these things when they have a template.

Religion: Christianity
Denomination: Catholicism

Why do you follow this religion (or lack thereof)? Obviously the fact that I live in a very Catholic country, that my family has historically been all Catholic, and that I was raised in the faith is relevant, but as for why I am not anymore a cringe contrarian agnostic as I was for some time, the answer is that I had a sudden and strange religious awakening/conversion between August and September 2020 (which was in part sparked by this forum honestly).

God: I believe in one God with three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I wouldn't say He talks to me directly, but I think He interferes with my life in some sense.

Afterlife: I accept the existence of Heaven and Hell, but I don't have particularly thought out convictions about the afterlife. I may be a quasi-universalist.

Prayer: I pray (almost) daily. The content and form of my prayers can be highly variable, but I usually pray at night. I pray quietly, but if I lived by myself I'd probably do it out loud.

Worship: I go to church, I wish to do it every Sunday but lately I have been inconsistent for reasons too complex to get into here.

Ghosts, spirits, angels, and demons: This is not a topic I ever think about, but I have never seen any such creature.

One True Path: We are saved through Jesus Christ, and obviously I consider the Catholic Church 'superior' in a sense, but beyond that I can't say. See the Afterlife section.

Spiritual objects: I find a spiritual connection in some natural entities at times (for example the starry sky), but most notably I think there is something spiritual and metaphysical about Mathematical objects (some more than others).

Religious law: I mean, everyone follows their own morality code, no? In my case it is now shaped by religion, although for many things it could be argued that religion has just given a grounding to what I already 'felt' but were unsure about.

Spreading the word: Very surprised to be saying this phrase in this context, but I basically agree with afleitch's answer above me (though I personally think that is a form of "spreading the word" too).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies