Summary of your religious beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:57:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Summary of your religious beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of your religious beliefs  (Read 9943 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« on: February 08, 2021, 08:59:21 PM »

Religion: Christian
Denomination: Baptist

Why do you follow this religion (or lack thereof)? I was born into a family that started taking Christianity seriously when I was a little kid.  I didn't take it seriously until a few years ago, however.  The evidence for the resurrection and the reliability of the Bible are probably the biggest reasons why I'm a Christian.

God: There is one God, who is three persons.  He is all knowing and all powerful.  I don't think God has talked to me, but I've felt His influence in my life.

Afterlife: Everyone will go to heaven or hell.  God determines who goes where.

Prayer: I pray every day, to God, but not out loud.

Worship: I should go to church every week.

Ghosts, spirits, angels, and demons: I don't spend much time thinking about this, but angels and demons certainly exist.

One True Path: Christianity is the one true faith, and I believe that it is the only way to avoid hell.  This isn't something I enjoy telling people as I have a lot of friends who are Muslims, Buddhists, and atheists.  John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Spiritual objects: No

Religious law: There are some laws that should be kept.  The Ten Commandments are still binding on Christians, for instance.

Spreading the word: Yes (Matthew 28:19)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies