Summary of your religious beliefs

<< < (15/16) > >>

Aurelius:
Increasingly converging on "Jewish, because my mother is Jewish and her mother is Jewish and her mother was Jewish and..." Very simple and satisfying. Feels like after 40 24 years in the wilderness I'm finally coming home. Throughout my whole Jewish education I felt like I was just going through the motions, but even though to this day I'm not sure what exactly HaShem is, but suddenly it all makes sense and feels right.

Unpoisoned Chalice:
Quote from: Pierre Bayle

Je suis protestant, car je proteste contre toutes les religions.
Zapffe is my favorite philosopher. His message in "The Last Messiah" is the unavoidable result of a consistent deconstruction of religion, philosophy, and ideology.

YoshiyaDayan:
Religion: Judaism
Denomination: Orthodox

Why do you follow this religion (or lack thereof)?
I follow this due to ancestry and a belief that my people must keep out religion to help the rest of the world.

God: Do you believe in God? Is there more than one God? Is this God all-knowing and all-powerful? Does God interfere in your daily life? Does God talk to you?
I believe in one G-D, YHWH, and I also believe that Yeshua is our Messiah due to a lack of other options after 2,000 years.

Afterlife: What happens after we die? Heaven/hell? Reincarnation? Nothing whatsoever? If there are multiple versions of the afterlife (for example, heaven and hell), who goes where and what determines that?
Heaven/Hell, Gentiles included.

Prayer: Do you pray? How often do you pray? Do you do it in a certain way? Do you pray to God (or gods) or to something else? Do you say your prayers out loud or in your head?
Yes I pray.

Worship: Do you go to church/mosque/synagogue/anything else? How often?
I go to a synagogue, and I have actually been to a mosque.

Ghosts, spirits, angels, and demons: Do they exist? Are they present here? Have you ever seen one? Are certain people condemned to roam the earth?
No, I haven't seen one, but angels and demons exist.

One True Path: Is your religion the only way? Do people of other faiths have equally valid beliefs or not? Are your religion's followers saved while the others are condemned for all eternity?
Gentiles just have to follow 7 laws to get into heaven, probably accepting Yeshua in the process. Jews have to follow our beliefs and keep our people in line.
Spiritual objects: Do certain things in the earth (for example, crystals or plants) have spiritual properties?
No wtf?
Religious law: Do you follow religious law or morality codes? For example, fasting or abstinence until marriage? Is not doing so a sin?
I follow Halacha.
Spreading the word: Should it be a mission by people of your religion to spread it to as many people as possible?
No, we generally don't try to convert.

Aurelius2:
Quote from: Vosem on October 08, 2022, 07:02:09 PM

The superstructure of my religious beliefs (...and this is something I've always kind of thought, although I was never able to name it until reading this piece) is sumurhe, or the idea that things can be true with respect to Truth and true with respect to Beauty.

I'm going to take this concept and run with it. I'd grasped a bit in this direction from time to time but never thought about it this way. It is helping me make sense of a lot of things I've long thought about in confusing and contradictory ways.

Along these lines, I believe in all three of:

1. God as described in traditional Judaism,
2. Spinoza's conception of a transcendent, all-encompassing higher power, and
3. God as the ultimate realization of Plato's Form of the Good, or the ein sof of kabbalistic tradition

in overlapping and, yes, contradictory ways, leaning more in particular directions at different points in time, yet I refuse to see this as a logical contradiction or negation. Besides, us mortals are insufficient to know the true majesty of God any way we approach Him, and the best we can do is try to grasp at the threads.

Irenaeus of Smyrna:
Quote from: YoshiyaDayan on February 23, 2023, 06:16:59 PM

Religion: Judaism
Denomination: Orthodox

God: Do you believe in God? Is there more than one God? Is this God all-knowing and all-powerful? Does God interfere in your daily life? Does God talk to you?
I believe in one G-D, YHWH, and I also believe that Yeshua is our Messiah due to a lack of other options after 2,000 years.

Does that not make you a Messianic jew? If you are willing to concede that jesus is the Messiah prophesied by the prophets, would you not take his word seriously? Like John 8:58 RSV "Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” " what would your reading of this be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page