Lfromnj for Congress
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:32:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lfromnj for Congress
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Lfromnj for Congress  (Read 1203 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2021, 05:00:53 PM »
« edited: February 10, 2021, 03:11:27 PM by You Code 16 bits- What do you get? »

Its been a while Atlasia but Im back Smiley
I have generally stayed active as possible when I was a member of congress/council and I promise to keep doing that .
Platform:

Tax reform:
Work on increasing the standard deduction through eliminating higher level deductions.

Spending for COVID Relief:
Despite being a general fiscal conservative as I was years ago when I fought to keep a balanced budget amendment in Lincoln I also kept a backline inside it that allowed for emergency deficit spending in the scenario of an emergency like this where deficit spending is wiser.  

The Big one Comptroller Reform!

Comptroller reform, I would encourage use of a bipartisanly created excel based model that would try more realistically simulate Atlasian economics. A bill needs to be worked on to include multiple variables of our economics that although would still give the Comptroller powers , would at least have a basic agreed upon model.  This will be my main goal in Congress as I have a desire to make the Atlasian economy more interesting.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=319622.0

Source for the previous bill is here.

More to come later !
Summer schooling

Sorry kids, you can't vote!. But your parents can Tongue
Overall I will look at federal funding of almost full summer summer schooling for this summer to help left behind Atlasian children catch up. This will also help parents return to the workforce. It's a bit unfortunate for the kids but hopefully it can still have a degree brevity to it!.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 05:04:52 PM »

Nope
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 05:05:38 PM »

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 05:07:06 PM »

Good luck! Endorsed for first non-Labor preference
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 05:09:34 PM »

Welcome back.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 05:15:45 PM »

What!

I thought you were a strong supporter of removing the SALT deduction?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 05:18:06 PM »

Good luck! Endorsed for first or second non-Labor preference
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 05:20:09 PM »

ENDORSED!!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 05:20:31 PM »

No, I support bringing back the SALT deduction, which Queen Nancy Purple heart has promised to do
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 05:35:11 PM »

Endorsed!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 05:57:52 PM »

Do you support reintroducing PAYGO?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 06:24:54 PM »

Do you support reintroducing PAYGO?

I would be interested in doing more research back into it. Perhaps something similar to the Lincoln Balanced budget amendment would be good.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 06:57:43 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2021, 09:35:57 PM by You Code 16 bits- What do you get? »

I have started work on a basic proposal of Comptroller reform.

Basically the first picture shows a 40% Federal rate and 60% state rate with no deductions assumed.
The formula works by adding the two rates together and squaring them. After that divide them by a chosen number and I chose 200.   However this is arbitrary and the exact number can be changed. The square can also be changed although I believe the type of curve it creates is interesting as the tax penalty really starts to happen at super high levels.  

With this tax rate the state would collect only 30% of the income in that bracket and not 60%. The federal government would only get 20%. However if the state reduces the rate to 35% or where the Laffer curve peak lies for total tax rate, the total revenue collected would increase from 50 to 53% despite a tax rate decrease. However the states own revenues would decrease from 30% to 25% or a 15% decrease. The Federal government would have an 8% increase.

If anyone else is interested in working on a model that works on a similar idea, please voice your support !

This basic variable is very crude and just a small proposal to explain my idea.  If anyone wants the simple excel file feel free to pm on discord lfromnj#7220.

Other factors could include increased GDP/income growth within a bracket based on a tax cut or a spending multiplier based on government spending Tongue. This will be complex and take many hours for a small group to craft but it will be worth it. A solid 8-10 variables would make the budget so much more interesting !.
So Yes I brought up the "infamous " Laffer curve ,but the fact is that the Laffer Curve exists somewhere we just don't know exactly where. For this example it would be 75%
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 07:17:03 PM »

Endorsed !!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2021, 12:21:38 AM »

Endorsed!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2021, 03:14:22 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2021, 01:43:13 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Comptroller reform, I would encourage use of a bipartisanly created excel based model that would try more realistically simulate Atlasian economics. A bill needs to be worked on to include multiple variables of our economics that although would still give the Comptroller powers , would at least have a basic agreed upon model.  This will be my main goal in Congress as I have a desire to make the Atlasian economy more interesting.

I once suggested coding some kind of AI for the economy similar to what is used in say Victoria: Revolutions. It did a fairly decent job for the game parameters, though naturally such was rather ambitious for Atlasia.

Edit: Just realized fairly got corrected to failure above.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2021, 11:22:49 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2021, 12:00:56 PM by You Code 16 bits- What do you get? »

I once suggested coding some kind of AI for the economy similar to what is used in say Victoria: Revolutions. It did a failure decent job for the game parameters, though naturally such was rather ambitious for Atlasia.
I'm no expert coder but I have been yearning to practice a bit of excel and a few added variables would be fine for an excel sheet. I'm guessing this job would be for a small committee to create and then once the committee agrees,congress as a whole can vote on it ? I don't imagine all of congress has a desire to work on an excel sheet. The other option is 1 person creates the formulas but congress as a whole votes on what constants shall be used.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2021, 12:21:07 PM »

Endorsed, given that I think that you will help the game by the Comptroller reform.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2021, 04:03:40 PM »

Endorsed
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2021, 10:51:46 PM »

Would you be willing to chug a jar of moonshine for my vote?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2021, 09:50:01 AM »

Would you be willing to chug a jar of moonshine for my vote?

Drinks *Fantasy moonshine.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2021, 01:05:20 PM »

Endorsed for first preference
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2021, 02:35:56 AM »

Although it is not my official purview, I'm rather supportive of the concept of reform based around more objective parameters, particularly when it could enrich a Game Engine which is due for some long term changes.

Speaking from the personal point of view, one of the more daunting - and depressing - aspects of being Pontifex Maximus is the knowledge that the effects of most legislation can't really be accounted for due to the sheer amount of legislation available and the understandable lack of continuity that comes from subsequent legislative sessions.

From situations like Lincoln lacking a budget for months - now and in previous years - or a couple of requests that have uncovered potentially glaring blind spots, it really does seem that we need to strengthen the simulation aspect of the game to salvage an acceptable degree of plausibility in policy.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2021, 01:45:06 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2021, 12:57:02 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I once suggested coding some kind of AI for the economy similar to what is used in say Victoria: Revolutions. It did a failure decent job for the game parameters, though naturally such was rather ambitious for Atlasia.
I'm no expert coder but I have been yearning to practice a bit of excel and a few added variables would be fine for an excel sheet. I'm guessing this job would be for a small committee to create and then once the committee agrees,congress as a whole can vote on it ? I don't imagine all of congress has a desire to work on an excel sheet. The other option is 1 person creates the formulas but congress as a whole votes on what constants shall be used.

Considering the difficulties with attention spans on the budget, probably not feasible to rely on Congress as a whole to produce such a sheet.. With healthcare we had PiT create the formulas as an example. 

For the budget, I had an idea of keeping a budget resolution constantly in the budget slot since it sits empty save for budgets and CRs, though this is more to ease compiliation then the calculation/economic scoring aspect. Sort of compile spending as you go into the resolution.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2021, 05:08:22 PM »

Endorsed
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies