Office of 43rd President pro tempore and former Senator Spark [Archive]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:38:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of 43rd President pro tempore and former Senator Spark [Archive]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Office of 43rd President pro tempore and former Senator Spark [Archive]  (Read 4046 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2022, 07:21:08 PM »

LOA

Hi folks, I am taking a leave of absence starting today and ending on Sunday evening at around 9 PM ET. I need to engage in some self-care in response to recent events IRL. Many of my family members have recently become ill and everything has happened so fast. I plan to return on Sunday.

Thank you for your understanding.

PPT and Senator Spark
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2022, 07:27:43 PM »

best wishes of good health to your family and yourself, Mr. PPT.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2022, 08:28:00 PM »

Statement on the next GM

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you today to tout the passage of the GM Team Creation Act. This law will enable the GM to conduct their job more effectively and efficiently. The Game Moderator arguably is one of the most important actors within this game.  I wholeheartedly support this measure and believe it will allow for sufficient progress regarding activity. I also support the formation of a legislative commission on activity.

As GM applications are underway, I have utmost confidence that a qualified individual will be selected who will do an impeccable job to keep Atlasia up to date on affairs.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2022, 08:53:34 AM »

Statement on frivolous legislation

My fellow colleagues and Atlasians, I come before you today to inform you of what has been transpiring in the Senate recently. Some Senators have decided to engage in the tactic of "pseudo-filibustering" and delaying the progress of our honorable body. Every Senator has the right to introduce an amendment, but offering amendments that are frivolous and to the detriment of passing bills through Congress should be out-rightly discouraged.

Aside from this, I have decided to ignore the Funko Pop Control Act as I deem it a frivolous piece of legislation. The country has more important things to focus on at this time.

For what it is worth, I've adjusted and been an active PPT and Congress has passed 8 bills and counting. I hope to debate with my colleagues on a recent bill I introduced that would augment the federal budget.

Best,

PPT Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2022, 09:50:17 PM »

Future status

Can confirm that this will be my final term as PPT due to IRL commitments this September. I still plan to run again for re-election as at-large Senator and be an active member of the Senate. Recently, the William Jennings Bryan Act has passed, and I believe it is a great success for non-interventionism in our nation.

Thank you.

PPT Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2022, 05:05:13 PM »

Election results

Victory

I wanted to thank each and every one of my supporters for their vote and confidence in me to serve in the Senate. It means very much to me and this re-election campaign was for you all! I will seek to improve our nation even further in upcoming sessions to continue striving toward greatness. We have many upcoming priorities such as passing the federal budget. When done together, anything is possible. I pledge to work amicably with my colleagues for the betterment of our nation. As for President Cao, he has been one of the best Presidents of our lifetimes and will continue to fight for the average Atlasian.

Although my term as PPT is about to conclude, I still plan to be an active participant as a member of the Senate.

Thank you.

- Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2022, 05:11:44 PM »

Status updates & Passed legislation

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you today to inform you of a monumental passage of legislation. Congress recently passed the Civil Rights Act of 2022, Bar Rescue Act of 2022, and the Affordable Energy Act. I commend all of these bills as the former two bills will expand due process for our citizens and the latter I introduced and sponsored.

I am very proud of my efforts regarding the energy bill because it will have real and lasting impacts on Atlasian citizens. This was legislation in the making all the way back in 2020 during President Scott's administration. The first time I introduced it, the bill failed. However, a simple rework of practical applications won support of my Senate colleagues and I do hope that you will see a real reduction of the burden of inflation very soon.

The bill will cut the average electricity cost for Atlasians by 1/3rd, award grants to regional governments for the establishment of energy authorities, and expand our electrical grid exponentially by creating electric charging stations all over the nation. It is my utmost hope that these stations will become plentiful by 2025 and our citizens can affordably travel across Atlasia.

The bill helps citizens in rural areas who have had to shoulder this burden as well because they have difficulty in investing in this sustainable energy area. Fostering inter-connectivity of both urban and rural areas for electrification is the number one priority. President Cao and I understand this situation greatly. We will continue to work in tandem to reduce inflation all around Atlasia. More great things are to come very soon.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2022, 02:39:52 PM »

LOA

Hello all, I shall be taking a leave of absence lasting no longer than three days and will return at some point this Sunday, August 28. I recently had some dental work done and plan to recover for a few days. Still having some soreness and was under anesthetic.

I appreciate your grateful understanding during this time.

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2022, 09:58:28 AM »
« Edited: August 29, 2022, 03:20:15 PM by PPT Spark »

Statement on temp bans of Senate members

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you in the wake of recent news that Senators Mr. Reactionary and DeadPrez have been muted and are now temporarily unable to post here. I have received questions from a few of you regarding what we should do moving forward in the Senate. As you know, previously in this session I refused to acknowledge proxy voting in the case of S019's leave of absence. The same precedent stands here in that I will not accept proxy votes for either of these Senators. Until proxy voting is codified and reflected in the Senate rules it should not be permitted by the PPT.

As a result of Mr. R and DeadPrez being temporarily unable to post on the board, it unfairly leaves Federalist voters without representation in Congress. I can unequivocally state that I will not support any motion of expulsion against either Senator. However, I would hope that both Mr. R and DeadPrez  resign so that appropriate replacements can be arranged to ensure that voters are represented.

This will ensure the continual operation and order of our Senate chamber. Ultimately, it these Senators who owe responsibility to the people.

Best,

Spark

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2022, 04:49:37 PM »

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you in the wake of recent news that Senators Mr. Reactionary and DeadPrez have been muted and are now temporarily unable to post here. I have received questions from a few of you regarding what we should do moving forward in the Senate. As you know, previously in this session I refused to acknowledge proxy voting in the case of S019's leave of absence. The same precedent stands here in that I will not accept proxy votes for either of these Senators. Until proxy voting is codified and reflected in the Senate rules it should not be permitted by the PPT.

As a result of Mr. R and DeadPrez being temporarily unable to post on the board, it unfairly leaves Federalist voters without representation in Congress. I can unequivocally state that I will not support any motion of expulsion against either Senator. However, I would hope that both Mr. R and DeadPrez  resign so that appropriate replacements can be arranged to ensure that voters are represented.

This will ensure the continual operation and order of our Senate chamber. Ultimately, it these Senators who owe responsibility to the people.

Best,

Spark

Not sure if it's legally possible, but I wonder if temporary replacements could be nominated, just like when they resign.

One could also consider a temporary ban to be de facto them making their seats void (much like if you go to jail), though this probably requires an SC case.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2022, 06:00:43 PM »

Best,

Spark

They’re physically not able to resign.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2022, 01:42:18 AM »

Best,

Spark

Do you just not think through your posts before actually posting them? If they aren't able to post votes due to being muted, how do you expect them to be able to resign?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2022, 06:39:46 AM »

With all due respect, there are ways to go about it without posting on the thread. Simply PM'ing a mod could be a course of action.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2022, 08:36:46 AM »

Statement on Presidential vetoes

Hello everyone. I wanted to bring you up to date on some affairs on Capitol Hill. Our nation wakes up to President Cao vetoing a series of bills that have passed by a majority of the Senate chamber. Most notably, this includes the Affordable Energy Act, a bill of which I re-introduced and sponsored.

It would be the most comprehensive reduction to electricity costs by 1/3rd for the average Atlasian. We need to reduce inflation and take strong action now. Write to President Cao and tell him to side with RURAL Atlasia!

With all due respect, we have a duty to our nation to combat this epidemic of rising costs and unsustainable prices.

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2022, 07:55:27 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2022, 08:01:53 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on the passage of the Atlasian Tax Bill

This evening, the Senate passed one of my prioritized bills. This is important for many reasons. Firstly, it is one of the largest Atlasian tax cuts for the middle class of recent memory. The bill cuts taxes for the middle and lower income brackets by 15% total.

It was my highest priority coming into office to fulfill this promise of reducing the burden of inflation upon Atlasian citizens. This bill has done that. It also will encourage many businesses to flock into Atlasia for the foreseeable future. It grants economic tax credits as incentives for these businesses to relocate their operations in our country.

Tax breaks for our working people was necessary during this perilous time and I could not be more prouder of this accomplishment of not just myself, but my Federalist colleagues in the Senate, and the Cao administration. It puts more money in your pocket and increases disposable income by a significant amount. Let's hope that the FY 2023 budget can be worked out seamlessly.

- Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2022, 02:08:24 PM »

Statement on bills

Hello all, recently I introduced two bills that are pertinent to the betterment of our citizens which include the Ethanol Subsidization Act and the Childcare Opportunity Act. The ethanol bill will help to incentivize production of ethanol in our rural communities across Atlasia. The Childcare bill will help to defray the costs of sending children to an after school center. We need to do more to support working parents and empower our families by showing them that the government CARES for their needs. The bill also grants discretion to the regions on how they would like to customize their plans. Because, as we know, many regions have different priorities for childcare. It caps the amount of co-payments that can be charged and lessens the financial burden for millions of working families.

I am proud of this progress today and look forward to how it is going to help burnish our commitment to working citizens.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2022, 04:38:05 PM »

bump

112th Senate Session

Hello everyone! We start a new Senate session with a new and very capable PPT in Mr. Reactionary. Mr. R has been involved in writing a countless number of bills and works tirelessly to ensure that both the South and our honorable body move steadfastly. It is important that each Senator introduce a minimum number of critical legislation to focus on this session.

We have much to accomplish and I recently introduced a few bills including the Electricity Inflation Reduction Act to bring down energy costs and co-sponsored the Baby Formula Inflation Reduction Act. Baby formula and electricity are two necessities that our citizens rely on each day. We cannot afford to have these exorbitant costs making hardships for Atlasians. Federalists are taking action day after day to curb this inflation epidemic and fight for working people.

It is my hope that Atlasia will be renewed as the Federalists remain in power and forge a better future ahead for all of us. In this dire time, we must cooperate and take swift actions to rein in spending and instead, chart a fiscally responsible and sustainable course. I know we will do this together.

Best,

Senator Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2022, 11:40:19 PM »

Bills in 112th Session

Hello everyone, with our new PPT, Mr. Reactionary, we have been debating on a record number of bills and getting many things done on inflation. The Senate recently passed bills designed to counteract inflation such as the Fuel Inflation Reduction Act, Drug Price Inflation Reduction Act, Baby Formula Inflation Reduction Act. Let it be known that the Federalist Party is putting forward these bills and passing them at a swift pace. We are taking immediate action regarding the economy and easing the burden upon working families.

In addition, Federalist members of the Senate have been more active for votes, garnering A or A+ ratings on participation. Showing up for votes is important for constituents. This cannot be said for our Labor counterparts. I promise to keep up the good work until the end of our legislative session in December.

Thank you.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2022, 11:38:46 AM »

Retirement

As a member of the Senate of our Republic for over a year, it has been an immense honor to be the people's Senator. I've led with integrity to make up for past missteps and mistakes, fought for our working families at every step of the way, compromised with our leaders to advance important legislation in prior sessions, and in this session, the Senate passed a record number of bills under PPT Mr. R. I could not be more grateful to my Senate colleagues for their diligence, cooperation, and hard work especially during my time as PPT over the summer. I have great hope that this Senate will continue to be great and is in good hands with newer members within the game. I chose to retire and step aside to clear the way for newer players to get involved.

As Senator this session, I helped advance crucial legislation including the Baby Formula Inflation Reduction Act, my signature bill the Affordable Energy Act, and more. Throughout my career, I've fought for the downtrodden and those who could not speak for themselves. I am looking forward to the next chapter as I think my record speaks for itself. You don't have to like me or my past, but you should respect me as I do everyone. I've worked in a bi-partisan manner and condemned the Labor Party for its deceit and treason, the Federalist Party is the party of working people, those who want a bold and promising FED Future. I am prepared to deliver that in my future endeavors. We need to go beyond petty partisanship to deliver real results. Over my entire career, I've done just that and am proud of this fact.

Best wishes and good luck to the Senators who will ultimately prevail. You have my full and total confidence.

Thank you for everything.

Best,

Senator Spark
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies