Office of 43rd President pro tempore and former Senator Spark [Archive]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:06:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of 43rd President pro tempore and former Senator Spark [Archive]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Office of 43rd President pro tempore and former Senator Spark [Archive]  (Read 4053 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2021, 06:05:40 PM »

Deescalation Emergency Resolution

My fellow Atlasians, today I introduced an emergency resolution regarding the crises in Atlasia. I take these things very seriously and will be working expeditiously to safeguard our country and its people.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2021, 08:17:37 PM »

Youth Homelessness Bill

My fellow Atlasians, today I come before you with an update to combat our homelessness problem in Atlasia. Many youth are homeless and this is a problem that has not received much attention in our country. Up to 60% of youth that are victims of crimes such as human trafficking are homeless.

This needs to end. I just put forth a bill to stop this from occurring. The Hubert H. Humphrey Helping Hand for the Homeless Act will establish grants given by the federal government to community centers in combatting youth homelessness. We need to show care for our most vulnerable in order for them to thrive. I do not forget about those who are voiceless.

I will continue fighting for you in the Senate.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2021, 11:05:12 AM »
« Edited: October 17, 2021, 11:08:57 AM by Senator Spark »

Statement on LT case

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you today appalled by the conduct of our Chief Justice windjammer last evening. There should be no excuse for making threats in a court of law and frankly we must have more respect for the law. Regardless of which side you are on in this matter, it is unbecoming conduct of a justice to act in that manner. I firmly believe that the Chief Justice should receive a censure at the least, and if he follows through on the actions, must be impeached immediately. I am calling for the Chief Justice to resign over this matter and for his negligence in moving along this case in violation of the defendant's rights.

In retrospect, clearly what the defendant did was reprehensible and should face consequences for his actions. However, further exchanging in this war of words will only hamper our nation's ability to move past this matter. The court has a duty to uphold the law and has failed at its highest priority. This flagrant disregard for the court's obligation will not end well and possibly lead to the breakdown of our Republic as we know it.

I have great confidence in our judicial system, but this speaks to a larger issue that we need to address. We have an activity crisis that is stifling our nation and making it difficult to get any official business done.

I will continue to work for you to resolve this crisis but I can't do it alone. I need the input of our citizens and must work diligently with my colleagues in order to find a pertinent solution.

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2021, 06:14:01 PM »

Education bill

My fellow Southerners, I have introduced a bill related to education reform! We need to more our country forward on this issue by enabling our students to have the best opportunities possible for after school programs. This bill will do the following: "provide for the enrollment of students in extended learning opportunities; to provide a means for allowing students to request and receive credit for participation in extended learning opportunities; to provide a process for awarding certificates of completion."

There is no higher priority to me than equipping the next generation with the tools that they need to succeed in a rapidly changing society.

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2021, 10:03:09 PM »

Energy cost reduction bill

My fellow Southerners, the purpose of the energy cost reduction bill is to reduce electricity costs by 25% over a period of 10 years. The average Atlasian spends an upwards of $3,800 on energy, and we need to drastically reduce this number. Energy costs place a burden on our people, and especially in the winter time, these costs are prone to increasing. The bill would establish a regional energy authority to recommend solutions for reducing energy costs. I believe with a solid plan, the regions can move forward to a more prosperous future.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2021, 10:07:18 PM »

Statement on Senate Expulsion Resolution

It has come to my attention that an resolution to expel me from the Senate came to the floor. I would like to denounce this resolution as a purely partisan effort to increase the balance of power in the favor of Labor. They want to usurp the people's authority to choose who sits in the Senate. My past conduct has no bearing on my ability to perform in office, and it is my highest priority that I act with integrity in office. I have never used the confines of said offices illegally, inappropriately, or for unfair gain. It is important to me that I be transparent on this matter so that we can cast aside this effort. It is a fruitless effort that will bear no positive outcomes. In a deeply partisan and divisive time, the last thing we need is to add more fuel to the fire. I have worked judiciously with all of my Senate colleagues on many bills and issues, this session I plan to do the same.

Engaging in personal attacks, excess partisanship, and unrelenting foibles will not lead us to common ground nor prosperity. It is my full intention to compromise with everyone involved, but I will not back down from such a resolution. I plan to exercise my right to counsel against this charge, and hope to continue serving the people.

Best,

Senator Spark
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2021, 11:13:49 PM »

I'd be fine if you were replaced with anyone (even a Federalist) as long as they aren't a sex pest.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2021, 09:39:41 PM »

Education bill

I have recently introduced an education bill to establish a program fund which will increase funding for public education, and allow our teachers to receive the compensation they deserve. This has been well overdue, and someone must stand up for this nation's pupils. Education is a fundamental right and our citizens deserve the best preparation possible for a fruitful life. This bill provides for that, and I could not be prouder of these efforts. While detractors and nay-sayers continue to try and bring us down, I continue to fight for what is right and in the best interests of the Atlasian people.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2021, 02:31:15 PM »

LOA 12/17-12/19

Taking a short leave of absence to focus on recovering. Got a COVID, flu, and RSV test this morning at urgent care and have been unwell since Tuesday. On Sunday, I will re-evaluate how I am feeling to continue to serve the Atlasian people.

Thank you.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2021, 11:42:33 PM »

Statement on the Energy Cost Reduction bill

Hello everyone, tonight I come before you to let you know I have reached a compromise with the President of Atlasia regarding the energy cost reduction bill. This bill will incentivize production of electric vehicles to defray the cost of producing these vehicles. According to my bill, the federal government will subsidize the cost of production up to 1.7%, or $523 per unit.

We found a compromise to slightly increase the gasoline tax by 0.01%. To avoid the regions footing a bill, and while I am opposed to large increases in taxes, this is necessary to fund such an initiative. Every year, Atlasians spend an average of $3,800 on electric costs, and $1,300 on fueling costs for their gas-powered automobiles. We want to supplement existing technologies with an incentive for new ones. This bill also accomplishes the establishment of regional energy authorities which will devise solutions to reduce electricity costs by 25% for each Atlasian. These projects will be met with full support of Congress.

I'm proud of the president finding common ground on this matter and hope we can find other issues to work on going forward. I urge my Senate colleagues to adopt this bill for the greater good of all.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2022, 08:30:50 PM »

Selection as Opposition Leader

I congratulate our new President pro tempore, WD, on his election. I look forward to serving the Senate as the Leader of the Opposition of the Senate of the Republic. It is my honor to ensure that the opposition can work swiftly on initiatives. I will coordinate for our members to find common ground, ensure accountability among our members, and work in tandem with the governing party for the best of the people of the Republic of Atlasia.

It is my highest priority to pass bills that represent the interests and needs of all Atlasians. I hope to make that happen as long as I am opposition leader.

Thank you.

Best,

Senator Spark, Opposition Leader of the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2022, 07:14:07 PM »

Bill introductions

Hello my fellow Atlasians, wanted to provide you with a quick update. Today I voted aye on the amendment for the Assault Weapons Ban. I remain steadfast in my opposition to keeping dangerous weapons out of the wrong hands. This vote affirms that commitment.

Secondly, I introduced two remarkable bills that will do wonders for our people and keep them prosperous. The opioid bill will ensure that patients are not prescribed an exorbitant amount of potent drugs which will addict them to the medication. The healthy school climate act will aid our students who have experienced traumas.

I remain committed to bettering our land. These bills do just that.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2022, 08:23:28 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2022, 08:33:04 PM by Opposition Leader Spark »

Announcement

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you today with news that we all did not wish for at this time. In light of recent routine blood testing which showed elevated levels of enzymes and a high level of prolactin, my health must take first priority. I will likely need to undergo further testing and will be presented with a series of options to take. I am scheduled for an MRI in the next week and the causes will be investigated. There is a suspected growth on my pituitary gland, and the likely cause of the high level of prolactin.

These health revelations aside, I've been incredibly honored by the support and confidence I've been given in the Atlasian Senate. Today, I am announcing my imminent retirement from the Senate of the Republic due to these concerns for my well-being and health. I am thoroughly shocked and unsure about my next steps IRL either.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2022, 09:09:22 PM »

I am very sorry to hear this.  You are in my thoughts.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2022, 09:58:36 PM »

As I told you, keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for the best possible outcome. Health is #1.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2022, 06:44:45 PM »

Resignation

My fellow Atlasians, I've been humbled and honored by the support I've been given over the past year. Your confidence in me can never be repaid. The south has been incredible progress since I've been in office. But it's not time to pass the torch to the next generation of leaders who can best solve the crises we face. In light of the uncertainty surrounding my health IRL, as well as diminishing returns, I am dropping out of the race for re-election. I endorse Mr. Reactionary, as I know he is a true fighter for Atlasians and gets much done with legislation.

I have many important priorities to focus on soon IRL so my attention must be fully there. I was dedicated to putting the South first and foremost and I am most proud of that. I intend on enjoying retirement.

Thank you all.

Best,

Spark
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2022, 09:27:32 PM »

Resignation

My fellow Atlasians, I've been humbled and honored by the support I've been given over the past year. Your confidence in me can never be repaid. The south has been incredible progress since I've been in office. But it's not time to pass the torch to the next generation of leaders who can best solve the crises we face. In light of the uncertainty surrounding my health IRL, as well as diminishing returns, I am dropping out of the race for re-election. I endorse Mr. Reactionary, as I know he is a true fighter for Atlasians and gets much done with legislation.

I have many important priorities to focus on soon IRL so my attention must be fully there. I was dedicated to putting the South first and foremost and I am most proud of that. I intend on enjoying retirement.

Thank you all.

Best,

Spark

Best of luck and prayers with your IRL stuff.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2022, 10:16:30 PM »

Spark, my dear:

I do wish you all the best with your health.  Growths anywhere can be incredibly scary. 

I will be thinking of you and will certainly include you in my prayers at my daily puja.  Please do let me know if there's ANYTHING you need.   

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2022, 06:40:09 PM »

bump
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2022, 05:23:06 PM »

Upcoming Activities

Upon swearing in on Friday afternoon, I intend to get to work immediately for the Atlasian people. I have 10 bills already prepared in advance to be introduced. I also intend to stand for nomination as the next President pro tempore of the Senate. I believe that my experiences qualify me to be an effective PPT and to succeed Joseph Cao as he assumes the presidency. We must fill this void as Mr. Cao was very effective in keeping the Senate running. I will ensure that this proper upkeep continues throughout the term. I also pledge to appoint a member of Labor party as deputy PPT to keep ideological balance.

I urge President-elect Cao to take immediate and swift action regarding the activity crisis upon taking office on Friday afternoon. This involves issuance of an executive order establishing a bi-partisan commission or committee on activity in our Republic. I urge all of my incoming Senate colleagues and our citizens to do the same. We must right the course in Atlasia before it is too late. I plan to do my job effectively to represent the entirety of the nation as your at-large Senator.

We have much work to do and we need to accomplish this together.

Truly yours,

- Senator-elect Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2022, 08:01:29 AM »

Swearing-in and Nomination for PPT

My fellow Atlasians, I have sworn in to our nation's Congress and have begun the process of introducing many important bills to be considered this session. I am standing for President pro tempore because I believe with President Cao and myself, that we will be an effective tandem in working to move Atlasia forward. I will expedite emergency bills that are of critical priority and manage the Senate soundly. I look forward to being considered.

- Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2022, 01:14:00 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2022, 01:19:21 PM by PPT Spark »

Statement on selection as PPT

As the 110th Congress begins, it is my honor to be selected as the new President pro tempore to run the Senate. It will be a busy while, but as you know, I am committed to furthering the success of our nation. With the partnership between the President and the executive branch, our Congress will take swift and decision action to revive this game.

President pro tempore of the 110th Atlasian Congress
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2022, 08:51:34 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2022, 08:54:35 PM by PPT Spark »

I'd like to thank all of my Senate colleagues with the confidence I am being afforded to lead as your next PPT.

Order of the President Pro-Tempore
In accordance with the rules of the Senate of our Republic, and to provide for consistent administration of the Senate

I hereby appoint Senator Weatherboy Deputy President Pro-Tempore of the Senate.

x
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2022, 08:53:46 PM »

Order of the President Pro-Tempore
To provide for timely notification of votes, and to deliberate policies among the opposition party among the Senators of our Republic, and to provide for consistent communication within the Senate

I hereby appoint Senator Western Democrat Leader of the Opposition of the Republic.

x
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2022, 07:46:47 PM »

Statement on Senate progress

Hello my fellow citizens, long time no see. I am working steadfastly to move things along in Congress for the people. It is imperative that we get many bills to the desk of President Cao as possible. Progress cannot be made unless we work together, and I welcomed the feedback of my colleagues in my early days as PPT.

Being PPT is a great honor and the expectations and demands remain high. Despite this, I believe I've risen to the challenge of managing this honorable body and now have maintained a consistent rhythm in bringing new bills to the floor. I have prioritized bringing bills suggested by the people onto the floor. I know that moving forward, things will only get better for our country. Meanwhile, I have a few bills that I have still yet to introduce as other Senators have generously offered their ideas for legislation in the queue.

In the coming days, I plan to hold Q&As and travel around the country to hear the concerns of voters all around Atlasia. Recently, our Vice President ReaganClinton called for solutions to inflation. Rest assured, that this Congress will work to bring down prices for families to afford everyday necessities. I will keep fighting for you in Nyman and work with our President to deliver prosperity.

Best,

Spark
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies