Office of 43rd President pro tempore and former Senator Spark [Archive]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:26:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of 43rd President pro tempore and former Senator Spark [Archive]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Office of 43rd President pro tempore and former Senator Spark [Archive]  (Read 4052 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2021, 01:26:01 AM »
« edited: December 12, 2022, 09:01:10 PM by Senator and Lincoln Councilor-elect Spark »

Office of Senator Spark (F-WI)

Green Bay, Wisconsin

At-large Senator
(July 1, 2022 - December 14, 2022)

112th Senate
Bills introduced:

Juneteenth Act
Affordable Energy Act (re-introduced)
Electricity Inflation Reduction Act

Baby Formula Inflation Reduction Act (co-sponsored)

111th Senate
Bills introduced:

Ethanol Subsidization Act of 2022
Childcare Opportunity Act

43rd President pro tempore of Atlasia
(July 4, 2022 - September 2, 2022)

110th Senate

Orders of the President pro tempore
Appointment of WB as Deputy PPT
Appointment of WD as Leader of the Opposition

Bills introduced:

Atlasian Tax Reduction and Economic Incentivization Act (Passed)
Space not Haste Resolution
Marijuana Regulatory Act (failed)
Affordable Energy Act
Safe Schools Initiative Act (failed)
Right to Life Referendum
New Great Society amendment

Bills sponsored:

Cheaper Energy Helps the Poor's Act , (co-sponsor), tabled
Regional Abortion Constitutional Amendment Act (co-sponsor), failed
William Jennings Bryan Anti-Imperialism Act (co-sponsor), passed

This office will be used for official business and statements only

Tallahassee, Florida

Southern Senator [archive]
(February 6 2021 - February 20, 2022)

107th Senate
Bills introduced:

Opioid Restriction Act

Healthy School Climate Act

FAST Act

106th Senate
Bills introduced:
Extended Educational Learning Opportunities Act

Energy Cost Reduction Act
(failed)

Educational Foundation Program Act

Bills sponsored:

Proportional Party Majorness Agreeable Gateway Act

105th Senate
Bills introduced:

Compensation for Retired Educators Act of 2021

Atlasian Transportation Modernization Act

Addiction Transitory Support Act of 2021

Veteran Suicide Prevention Resolution
(failed)

Decarbonization Act of 2021

Climate Preparedness Act of 2021
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 02:18:15 AM »

Bills

My fellow Atlasians and Southerners, I promised to get to work immediately upon taking office and I have done so. I've just introduced two bills that are of great importance to our nation, the subject of which is increased funding for community health centers to combat drug addiction and to reduce the costs of healthcare. These issues must be important priorities for Atlasia to combat this epidemic and reduce the burden that COVID-19 places upon each of our citizens.

In the near future, I plan to sponsor and introduce legislation to reduce funeral expenses and reduce the cost of childcare. We need to stimulate our economy and get our people back to work - but we must do it safely. It has to be a fine balance of protecting the safety of our citizens and granting the freedom to work and make a living.

I plan to continue fighting for your interests every step of the way. You can count on me to get the job done as we have many priorities to focus on in the coming days ahead.

Thank you, I am most grateful for your confidence.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 11:11:14 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2021, 11:29:14 AM by Southern Senator Spark »

Official Statement on the Increasing Requirements Act

I recently have sponsored and withdrawn my sponsorship for this act as a result of contentious debates on both sides of the aisle, I hope to create consensus as this bill reaches the Senate floor as it already has originated in the House of Representatives. I will strive to work for the best solution for all involved. Recently, we have seen some action be taken at the regional level. I specifically would like to mention Southern Speaker Tmth for this work on this. In addition, the act has support on both the left and the right with some modifications.

I believe that we can come to a compromise for all of Atlasia.

Thank you.

Senator Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 12:20:43 AM »

Statement on Constitutional Convention

Hello everybody! I wanted to speak about the recent discussions surrounding the Constitutional Convention. The goals need to be clearly defined, however, I deem any effort to reform the game in a positive light, and that all sides can come together to improve Atlasia. I am currently in favor of the implementation of 4 regions and letting the people of those respective regions decide if there should be an additional region. We must take into account all sides when making these decisions for the betterment of all. I also support exploring the reform of in game recruitment - I will seek to find compromise between all parties on this issue.

I look forward to what is ahead for this great nation and I appreciate our officeholders' willingness to address these issues.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 11:59:41 AM »

29th Senate Session started

Hello everyone, I swore in for my first elected term yesterday. I hope to tackle the priorities that I laid out in my campaign promises. As you know, I am now an Independent, and plan to be for a few months until I can reconcile with the Federalist Party. I believe that this period will enable me to serve freely of any partisan influence so that I may legislate more effectively for our people. As you may know, I am not a hyper partisan and seek common ground on the issues. Atlasia needs to be less divisive, we need more unity and cooperation. I plan to bring that to the table in this new session.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 07:33:05 PM »

Bill updates

As you may know, things have started to get busier IRL. I started work IRL last week but plan to keep up with votes and debate. I plan to continue serving my fellow Atlasians for the foreseeable future. Recently, I introduced two very important resolutions to protect the lives of unborn Atlasians and to condemn vile business practices. I believe that these resolutions will provide safeguards to many. I encourage each member of the Senate to get behind them to take a stand for our unborn children and our consumers.

Thank you.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 10:41:52 AM »

Rejoined the Federalist Party

My fellow Atlasians, I have decided to rejoin the Federalists today to work out some differences in a respectable manner. We all may have our disagreements, but we must remember those who stood by us in times of adversity and I must honor the voters' wishes in the manner I've been elected to this office. So, moving forward, I hope to reconcile with party leadership. I look forward to what is ahead for all of us. As IRL, I am on spring break from work, I plan to introduce some needed legislation today. I plan to continue working for you for the foreseeable future.

Thank you.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 08:59:53 AM »

Remote Medical Coverage Act

My fellow Atlasians, today I introduced important legislation in order to strengthen our existing healthcare system to ensure that every Atlasian can receive the pertinent healthcare that they deserve. I believe that healthcare is a fundamental human right afforded to each person. I believe that this legislation enables that right to be safeguarded. Too many times throughout this pandemic, we have seen our citizens suffer with issues ranging from addiction, to mental health challenges, among others. This bill will address each of those concerns by providing citizens with enhanced access to telehealth and telemedicine.

I want to ensure that each Atlasian receives care regardless of existing health care coverage. Our citizens must have access to healthcare in order to thrive and results in a healthier, more prosperous population. I urge my Senate colleagues and members of Congress to support this bill in order to effectuate the public welfare.

Thank you.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 12:08:31 PM »

De-Escalation in Policing Act and Bill updates

My fellow Atlasians, today I introduced a bill in the Senate to promote de-escalation tactics for police. In countless numbers, we've witnessed how the lives of our citizens are taken due to police brutality. As your legislator, I feel it is my duty to address such abuses of power and injustice by introducing this bill. If the bill has already been previously introduced, I would hope it can be adopted as a resolution to condemn this epidemic across our land. No citizen should fear for their safety before, during, or after an interaction with the police. Let me be clear, it should not be a death sentence to be stopped on the side of the road for a minor infraction. Police need to be retrained to de-escalate rather than escalate a situation.

I do hope that this legislation will bring about much needed change in our system, and I hope to introduce further reforms to our criminal justice system in order to make it better for all.

Thank you.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 09:47:32 AM »

Running for Re-election

Hello my fellow Atlasians! It has been an impactful term in Congress. I look forward to running for another term as your Senator. We have accomplished so much and there is always more work to be done. I do hope that we can continue our work and make needed progress in our land! Some of the things I have accomplished include rooting out human trafficking, providing legislation for police de-escalation training, protecting consumers from monopolies, granting expanded access to telehealth services, and aiding home owners. These bills will serve to benefit our people exponentially. I also do not hesitate to work with others in the Senate toward a mutual goal: serving the people. You can rest assured that I will not bend to special interests or the demands of others. I am your voice.

Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any concerns. I hope to earn your confidence and vote again on June 18-20.

Thank you all very much.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 08:17:11 AM »

Second term priorities

Greetings my fellow Southerners! Today, I wanted to provide you with a list of priorities that I plan to address if re-elected to a second term in the Senate. Upon ratification of the Fifth Constitution of Atlasia, I am running for the regional Senate seat. We have made great strides in my first term and it is important to continue making progress towards a better Atlasia. I have worked with both sides in the Senate and my opponents and allies alike have supported my bills. I firmly believe this is representative of the commitment to the common good. I understand what it takes to accomplish key goals and initiatives. It is important for us to continue this work together to stand for our country, our ideals, and sensible reforms.

A few of my key priorities for a second term in the Senate are below:

• Reducing abortions to the lowest amount possible by eliminating federal funding of abortions
  • Establish a stability fund and transitional employment services program for workers affected by technological change
  • Reducing mass incarceration by restructuring sentencing guidelines for non-violent offenders
  • Pursue strategic alliances, while committing to working with our allies in the world through diplomacy and mutual cooperation to deter aggression from our adversaries

I serve no one other than the people. I have your best interests in mind as we move forward toward a brighter future in Atlasia. With the new Constitution, it will create some changes in the structure of our government, but one thing is certain, I will adjust to these changes and keep fighting for you.

Be sure to vote on June 18th!

Thank you.

Best,

Southern Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 09:38:53 AM »

New Senate

Compensation for Retired Educators Act of 2021

A bill to support our retired educators in the Republic.

Section 1. Establishment

Upon retirement from service, a retirement allowance shall consist of:

a) An annuity shall be the equivalent of his or her accumulated contributions at the time of his or her retirement

b) A pension which shall be equal to the annuity allowable at the age of retirement, but not to exceed an annuity allowable at age 65 computed on the basis of contributions made prior to the attainment.

Section 2.

With the provision the election of an option shall be effective on the effective date of retirement, any member may elect prior to retirement to receive, in lieu of his or her retirement allowance payable throughout life. The actuarial equivalent at that time of his or her retirement allowance also provides a provision to grant, in a reduced retirement, allowance payable to a beneficiary in the event of his or her death:

a) If the pensioner dies before he or she has received in annuity payments the present value of his or her annuity as it was at the time of his or her retirement, the balance shall be paid to his or her legal representatives or to the person as he or she shall nominate by written designation.

b) Upon his or her death, his or her reduced retirement allowance shall be continued throughout the life of and paid to the person as he or she shall nominate by written designation.

c) Upon his or her death, half of the reduced retirement allowance will be continued throughout the life of and paid to the person as he or she shall nominate by written designation.

Proud to sponsor this bill to support our educators!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2021, 05:43:10 PM »

Statement on the New Senate Rules

Hello everyone, I'm proud to state that we have put the finishing touches on the Senate rules package. I am most grateful to my Senate colleagues for working expeditiously for the Atlasian people. We will ensure that the new Senate operates with enhanced efficiency and urgency to meet the priorities of our land. As your Senator, I will ensure that this process is streamlined and that there is total transparency regarding it. I voted in the affirmative on the rules.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 08:36:55 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2021, 08:54:43 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Statement on the PPT Election

Hi everyone, we are currently holding elections for the President Pro Tempore of the new session of the unicameral Senate. I encourage my Senate colleagues to vote for Scott for PPT. I hope to be nominated for Deputy PPT as I represent activity, stability, and can provide the consistent leadership that is needed for the session.

The reason I believe I am qualified to lead the new unicameral legislature this session is because I was an effective deputy speaker and acting speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates where I kept the Chamber active and brought bills to the floor consistently. I can replicate this activity at the federal level here in the Senate.

I hope to garner your support.

Thank you.

Senator Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2021, 01:42:36 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2021, 03:01:48 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Nominee for Secretary of State

Hello my fellow Atlasians, with much due diligence, we as a Senate are questioning the nominee for Secretary of State. After the revelations that President SevenEleven allegedly encouraged Mr IBNU to change his vote to gain the position and the corruption that this entails, I can state that I am calling on the President to withdraw this nomination. The Atlasian people cannot entrust this nominee and subject our national security and foreign policy interests of Atlasia to corrupt interests.  

We as public officials are subject to having the highest public confidence possible, and on this account, Mr. IBNU should not be the next Secretary of State.

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2021, 02:45:09 PM »

Hello my fellow Atlasians, with much due diligence, we as a Senate are questioning the nominee for Secretary of State. After the revelations that President SevenEleven encouraged Mr IBNU to change his vote to gain the position
K.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2021, 03:17:10 PM »

Statement on Transportation bill

Hello my fellow Atlasians, today I introduced a bill related to transportation and upgrading our transportation grid. It is imperative that all Atlasians receive access to work, especially rural areas, and the more able we are to connect each region, the better. Atlasia is interconnected and we are linked to each other in so many ways, and transportation should be one of them. We need to ensure that each citizen can travel easily across our land. The bill establishes sub-accounts that are specifically designed for transportation modernization projects. I do hope that this bill can make projects to improve our roads, bridges, and tunnels possible.

Thank you.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 07:25:00 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2021, 07:28:57 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Addiction bill

My fellow Atlasians, I am proud to share with you that I have introduced a bill to combat addiction and provide for treatment services to help those affected individuals recover from this affliction. It is my top priority to safeguard those with addictions to prevent their conditions from worsening. This bill will grant reimbursements for healthcare costs of up to 50% for mental health care and other services.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2021, 09:33:46 PM »

Decarbonization bill

The most recent bill I've introduced addresses the threat of climate change and seeks to reduce our carbon footprint. It is my goal to decrease our footprint by at least 1/3 by 2035. I'm proud of this progress.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2021, 05:35:00 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 08:20:30 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Leave of Absence (LOA) - 9/5-9/6

Hi everyone, in light of a recent auto accident on the highway it is in the best interest of my health to take a short break from the game to focus on recovery. Despite seemingly minor injuries to myself and my gf IRL, I will take all of the necessary proper precautions safeguard my health, as that always comes first. I remain committed to the game and my presidential ambitions remain the same. I have no doubt or reservation, despite the recent polling, to remain in this race. While shaken after this accident, I have no intention to resign. I realize this is just a game, but it’s a community that needs us and needs me to serve. My agenda will seek to repair Atlasia’s inactivity woes, and we can see from the polling that Atlasia wants and deserves a real change.

Upon my return on Tuesday evening I hope to begin work on a bill to help our scientific community root out natural disasters to protect our vulnerable populations.

Thank you for your understanding and confidence.

Best,

Spark
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2021, 12:20:49 AM »

Leave of Absence - 9/5-9/6

Hi everyone, in light of a recent auto accident on the highway it is in the best interest of my health to take a short break from the game to focus on recovery. Despite seemingly minor injuries to myself and my gf IRL, I will take all of the necessary proper precautions safeguard my health, as that always comes first. I remain committed to the game and my presidential ambitions remain the same. I have no doubt or reservation, despite the recent polling, to remain in this race. While shaken after this accident, I have no intention to resign. I realize this is just a game, but it’s a community that needs us and needs me to serve. My agenda will seek to repair Atlasia’s inactivity woes, and we can see from the polling that Atlasia wants and deserves a real change.

Upon my return on Tuesday evening I hope to begin work on a bill to help our scientific community root out natural disasters to protect our vulnerable populations.

Best,

Spark

Wow it's almost as if there is a curse here. Best of luck to you on your recovery and I hope you find yourself well.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2021, 08:43:38 PM »

Leave of Absence - 9/5-9/6

Best,

Spark

Wow it's almost as if there is a curse here. Best of luck to you on your recovery and I hope you find yourself well.

Thanks for your well wishes Mr. President, likewise.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2021, 04:36:01 PM »

Return from LOA

I am doing a bit better and plan to get to work on addressing climate change.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2021, 04:40:21 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 08:15:37 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Statement on Nomination of Transit to SoS

I fully support his nomination and believe he will do wonders for our inactive state of the game. Let's hope he comes through on his promises. I asked him more about his stance on Eastern Europe.

To the nominee:

1. How will you handle the situations that arise in Eastern Europe particularly with the Russian Federation's ambition to influence the Baltics and control prominent seaports?

2. What is your stance on climate change? How will you help facilitate international agreements regarding that?

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2021, 08:11:45 PM »

Climate Preparedness Bill

Today, I introduced a bill to aid in our national preparedness for exigencies across the nation. Too many times, our citizens and officials are unable to move quickly enough to avoid the loss of life and property due to natural disasters. This bill will aid with just that. I also plan to conduct additional research into a bill to legislate the prevention of these natural events through funding research and development. Surely, we can prevent these events before they happen with sufficient technological advances.

I will continue fighting to keep our people safe.

Thank you.

Best,

Spark

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies