AL-SEN: Shelby retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:18:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-SEN: Shelby retiring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]
Author Topic: AL-SEN: Shelby retiring  (Read 21920 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: June 21, 2022, 07:48:40 PM »

Shocker. RIP bozo. Guess it was time for Katie Britt to take down his name and kick his ass.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #326 on: June 22, 2022, 12:11:49 AM »

The only county Britt lost was also the only county her former boss lost back in 1992 and that is Shelby County
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #327 on: June 22, 2022, 12:26:51 AM »

The only county Britt lost was also the only county her former boss lost back in 1992 and that is Shelby County
Funny how the only county Shelby's Chief of Staff lost was Shelby County.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #328 on: June 22, 2022, 12:31:18 AM »

Funny how the only county Shelby's Chief of Staff lost was Shelby County.

Yup and its also ironic how Richard Shelby himself won every county but Shelby County back in 1992

To borrow another phrase: like mentor like pupil
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #329 on: June 22, 2022, 08:49:08 AM »

Guess my final prediction wasn't too far off...Brooks did lose slightly worse than Sessions and won just one county that wasn't even in his district. That's right...his own district didn't even want him as their senator (glad I contributed to him losing Madison County as the margin was close).

This despite the fact that Brooks did have one advantage Sessions didn't...he had the endorsement of the third-place finisher, who combined with Brooks own' support, amounted to 52.5%. He completely and totally failed to capitalize on that.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #330 on: June 24, 2022, 05:07:19 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2022, 09:37:55 AM by MarkD »

Guess my final prediction wasn't too far off...Brooks did lose slightly worse than Sessions and won just one county that wasn't even in his district. That's right...his own district didn't even want him as their senator (glad I contributed to him losing Madison County as the margin was close).

This despite the fact that Brooks did have one advantage Sessions didn't...he had the endorsement of the third-place finisher, who combined with Brooks own' support, amounted to 52.5%. He completely and totally failed to capitalize on that.

In other words, as Mitt Romney once said, and which I keep on repeating a number of times, endorsements are not worth a thimble of spit.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #331 on: June 25, 2022, 11:16:38 AM »

Why did Brooks win Shelby County of all places? It's suburban and high income compared to the rest of Alabama and has a lot of R voters that went for Doug Jones. Did a lot of anti-Trump Republicans there vote for Brooks because Britt had the Trump endorsement in the end?
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #332 on: June 29, 2022, 10:35:56 AM »

Why did Brooks win Shelby County of all places? It's suburban and high income compared to the rest of Alabama and has a lot of R voters that went for Doug Jones. Did a lot of anti-Trump Republicans there vote for Brooks because Britt had the Trump endorsement in the end?

I really don't see anti-Trump Republicans voting for Brooks given his prominent role in 1/6.

I'm stumped. It's a very Republican county historically (one of only a handful of counties that voted for Ford over Carter in the state), but it's no longer the most Republican. It's all the more puzzling given that Brooks won the county by less than 1% in the first round, but won it somewhat comfortably in the runoff.
Southern Reactionary Dem
SouthernReactionaryDem
Rookie
United States

« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2022, 02:01:10 PM »

Sad to see him go. He seems like a nice guy. I've been voting for him since he was a Democrat.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #334 on: October 11, 2022, 09:22:57 AM »

Suburban, high-income areas are typically very conservative. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies