AL-SEN: Shelby retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:32:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-SEN: Shelby retiring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: AL-SEN: Shelby retiring  (Read 21903 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2022, 02:42:00 PM »

Frankly, I think Brooks loses. When he has to resort to bragging about voting for Roy Moore...

Gee, when else have we seen a candidate enter as a presumed huge frontrunner but blow it through a horrible campaign?

Yikes!
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2022, 12:00:08 PM »

Uhhh:
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2022, 12:11:50 PM »

Uhhh:

Interesting.

Sounds like they want to move on.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2022, 12:29:08 PM »

Uhhh:

If true, this is not surprising. Britt clearly has the support of the Republican establishment, has raised a considerable amount of money, and isn't taking things for granted. Moreover, she is telegenic and far more personable than Brooks, and her relative youth also works in her favor. Trump himself likes to be linked to "winners" and he is apparently getting increasingly unsatisfied about Brooks.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2022, 08:00:26 PM »

Uhhh:
X to doubt
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2022, 08:07:22 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2022, 08:16:05 PM by Roll Roons »

Uhhh:
X to doubt

As much as you'd like to believe otherwise, Brooks is not looking like a winner.

Cope and seethe. Domestic terrorist sympathizers have no place in the Senate.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #231 on: January 28, 2022, 08:32:09 PM »

Uhhh:
X to doubt

As much as you'd like to believe otherwise, Brooks is not looking like a winner.

Cope and seethe. Domestic terrorist sympathizers have no place in the Senate.
He's starting to campaign more, replaced his staff and is getting on the right path. He's going to win, rumors that Trump regrets the endorsement are fake and started by Lindsey Graham to gaslight the Don.
Cope and seethe. Establishment neocons have no place in the Senate.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2022, 06:03:04 PM »

Britt raises over 3 times as much as Brooks in Quarter 4
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2022, 07:55:44 PM »

Britt raises over 3 times as much as Brooks in Quarter 4

Britt seems to be gaining the upper hand over Brooks.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2022, 08:00:47 PM »

Not having Mo Brooks in the Senate is a net positive, regardless of how terrible the inevitable winner will be.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #235 on: February 06, 2022, 05:59:48 AM »

Britt seems to be losing momentum and Durant is gaining her momentum.
Brooks is very likely to make the runoff no matter what (I don't see any of the major 3 candidates dropping out), so it's probably going to be a Durant vs Brooks runoff, I'm not sure if that would benefit Brooks more though.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #236 on: February 06, 2022, 10:52:37 AM »

Brooks will be the nominee.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #237 on: February 06, 2022, 06:12:43 PM »

I think the fact that “Not Mo Brooks” is getting 60-70% in the polls between Durant & Britt suggests that he’s gonna lose the run off to one of them. It’d be rare for a high profile divisive candidate like Brooks to do much better in the run off. Could be wrong, but I expected him to walk it like Walker is in Georgia - the fact he isn’t, and the fact he’s a proven statewide loser, makes me think Alabama just isn’t that in to him.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #238 on: February 06, 2022, 06:16:07 PM »

Brooks as the prohibitive frontrunner was always motivated wishcasting by D.C. types in support of their preferred narrative that GOP primary voters are literally insane, lol.  Britt will win. 
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #239 on: February 06, 2022, 06:21:55 PM »

I think the fact that “Not Mo Brooks” is getting 60-70% in the polls between Durant & Britt suggests that he’s gonna lose the run off to one of them. It’d be rare for a high profile divisive candidate like Brooks to do much better in the run off. Could be wrong, but I expected him to walk it like Walker is in Georgia - the fact he isn’t, and the fact he’s a proven statewide loser, makes me think Alabama just isn’t that in to him.

At this point, I honestly wonder how likely it is that Brooks doesn't even make the runoff. Also from what I've heard, the fact that he's from Huntsville works against him in a statewide primary for whatever reason.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2022, 06:27:51 PM »

At this point, I honestly wonder how likely it is that Brooks doesn't even make the runoff. Also from what I've heard, the fact that he's from Huntsville works against him in a statewide primary for whatever reason.

It does seem unlikely that undecideds are going to break for the most well known candidate (Brooks).
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2022, 06:36:52 PM »

Brooks as the prohibitive frontrunner was always motivated wishcasting by D.C. types in support of their preferred narrative that GOP primary voters are literally insane, lol.  Britt will win. 

After what happened to Strange and Sessions, especially Sessions, it's hard not to blame 'em.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2022, 06:55:25 PM »

After what happened to Strange and Sessions, especially Sessions, it's hard not to blame 'em.

Strange was the Trump-endorsed candidate, so I don't know why Trump's pseudo-endorsement of Brooks is supposed to mean he can't lose here.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #243 on: February 08, 2022, 10:42:42 PM »

https://www.al.com/news/2022/02/donald-trump-still-supports-mo-brooks-for-senate-donald-trump-jr-says.html

So much for the rumors Trump would drop Brooks I guess. Seems he's doubling down.
Forum explorer
Rookie
United States
« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2022, 06:53:46 PM »

If I lived in Alabama, I would hold my nose for Britt in the primary.

Dems are too incompetent to win here. It literally takes a theocrat accused of sexual assault in an off year to squeak by.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2022, 04:33:34 PM »

If I lived in Alabama, I would hold my nose for Britt in the primary.

Dems are too incompetent to win here. It literally takes a theocrat accused of sexual assault in an off year to squeak by.

No, they lose in AL routinely because AL is an inherently ultra-red state that only does go Democratic if the Republican nominee is as scandal-plagued as Moore.

If incompetence is what you're looking for, try the FL Democrats, who somehow manage to blow the most winnable of races.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #246 on: February 16, 2022, 06:55:20 PM »

It's not considered part of the "Real Alabama"....southern AL thinks we're basically Tennessee.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2022, 04:20:58 PM »

👀
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #248 on: March 23, 2022, 07:22:58 AM »

Trump unendorses Brooks because back in August he said Republicans need to move on from 2020 apparently?

Clearly that's not the reason. Trump is scared Mo will lose and wants to switch his bets to stop himself from being embarrassed.

Mo is the only one to say the election was stolen out of all the candidates, he is the only one to oppose McConnell and was one of Trump's top allies in the House. Britt and Durant are not Trump-aligned at all. This is because of the polls showing Brooks losing.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #249 on: March 23, 2022, 08:03:52 AM »

Cucked.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to: