AL-SEN: Shelby retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:33:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-SEN: Shelby retiring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: AL-SEN: Shelby retiring  (Read 21932 times)
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2021, 10:26:47 PM »

Shelby endorsed Britt.

So i guess we will see whose endorsement matters more.

I’d love to be wrong, but pretty sure it will be the cult leader’s.

Well, the cult leader also endorsed Strange. But I guess you're right.

I guess the difference between this and the 2020 AL Senate race is that Trump didn't so much support Tuberville as he just opposed Sessions...Tuberville is the one who got in the runoff with Sessions so that's who Trump endorsed. Trump didn't endorse anyone on the first ballot.

In this case, he's actually endorsing someone well before the first primary ballot and also none of the other candidates are as toxic to the MAGA crowd as Sessions was so yeah maybe Trump's endorsement won't carry AS MUCH weight.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2021, 10:40:25 AM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2021, 11:14:33 AM »

I wonder how much she is going to lose by. Is it more or less likely that she loses by double digits?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2021, 02:33:35 PM »

Britt's a powerhouse, but will it even matter without the coveted endorsement from the base's God-Emperor?

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2021, 09:07:20 PM »

I can almost guarantee that Brooks will win, unless Trump rebukes him; endorses another candidate and/or rescinds his blessing. The GOP primary voters and the candidates are all puppets of Trump and his antics. I think Roy Moore would win the nomination if he had Trump's support, and Brooks is significantly stronger than Moore.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #180 on: July 08, 2021, 11:44:15 AM »

Jessica Taylor is running.
Girlytree
Rookie
United States

« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2021, 04:05:17 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2021, 04:08:22 PM by Girlytree »

Mo Brooks statement
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2021, 04:18:43 PM »

Mo Brooks statement

Pathetic, not to mention dangerous. In any other country, he'd be forced to step down.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2021, 04:27:27 PM »

Mo Brooks statement

Pathetic, not to mention dangerous. In any other country, he'd be forced to step down.
Is this modern Republican party's twitter version of "extremism in the defense of liberty, is no vice"?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2021, 06:57:46 PM »

Mo Brooks statement

Is this modern Republican party's twitter version of "extremism in the defense of liberty, is no vice"?

The irony is that Goldwater himself, if he were alive today, probably would have been a "Never Trumper" and left the Party in the manner that the likes of people such as Bill Kristol, Jennifer Rubin, and George Will did.
Girlytree
Rookie
United States

« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2021, 08:51:51 PM »

Girlytree
Rookie
United States

« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2021, 08:53:36 PM »

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2021, 01:02:26 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2021, 01:16:36 PM by CentristRepublican »

Jessica Taylor is running.

Since a lot of people aren't aware of who Taylor is, a candidate profile from the Alabama Political Reporter.

She's basically an attractive 37-year-old mother of three and businesswoman who is running as an America First 'outsider' and who supports all the things Trump does. Born in East Alabama's Calhoun County, lived in Prattville, Autauga County, for a while, and now resides in Birmingham. Founder and CEO of Azimuth, a grant applications company. Not too well known, and her only prior political experience is from 2020, when she ran for the GOP nomination from AL02 for the seat vacated by Martha Roby. She narrowly finished 3rd and missed the runoff (where Jeff Coleman lost to now-representative Barry Moore).

Her campaign announcement video emphasizes Kamala Harris and Taylor planning on blasting the liberal agenda to 'outer space.' She supports the Big Lie and hates Big Tech, critical race theory, abortion, gun control and illegal immigration...Basically, no different in her views from Mo Brooks, except that she doesn't hold any political office and is therefore an outsider.

I don't think she'll be a powerhouse in this race like Brooks or Britt, since according to a poll from late August, Taylor polled at 3%, a very distant third. Another problem for Taylory is a lack of funds - Brooks is already well-known and the front-runner; Britt raised tons of money; and Blanchard can self-finance. But Taylor doesn't have a lot of cash on hand, which is both the cause and effect of a lack of name recognition.
While there is a large segment of undecided voters (31.8%) and a lot could potentially change, though it's very unlikely Taylor will be able to win the primary.

Taylor's support might have increased somewhat after she was endorsed by Ted Nugent, a vocally Trumpish and conservative 'musician'. Nugent is a loud gun rights advocate and has said and done a lot of very controversial things, which may actually somehow be considered a positive in AL's GOP electorate today. For her part, Taylor has an active social media presence, and trumpeted Nugent's endorsement on Facebook. Since I don't think she has a campaign website, I think that's where campaign updates are posted.

EDIT: She does have a website - https://www.jessicatayloral.com/. Her 'Issues' subpage is pretty standard for a Republican, as I expected.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2021, 06:23:45 PM »

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2021, 06:32:35 PM »

I still think Brooks will win the primary. Not only is there a runoff, but I feel like Brooks' supporters are more enthusiastic to vote (and therefore more likely to vote) than Britt's.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2021, 06:40:49 PM »

I still think Brooks will win the primary. Not only is there a runoff, but I feel like Brooks' supporters are more enthusiastic to vote (and therefore more likely to vote) than Britt's.
Has there ever been a Woman elected from Alabama to the U. S. Senate? Would be nice to have Britt as Senator.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2021, 06:44:19 PM »

Has there ever been a Woman elected from Alabama to the U. S. Senate? Would be nice to have Britt as Senator.

None have ever been elected, but Maryon Allen was a placeholder Senator for a few months in 1978 after her husband Jim died in office.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2021, 08:15:10 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2021, 08:28:35 PM by Roll Roons »

In any case, I don't think Brooks is nearly as strong a frontrunner as people seem to think he is.

Britt is crushing him in fundraising and seems to be running an aggressive campaign on the ground, while he's just trying to coast on the Trump endorsement.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #193 on: November 11, 2021, 01:13:00 AM »

Hopefully Britt wins the nomination
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #194 on: November 11, 2021, 04:15:56 AM »

Ordinary people probably don't know Trump has endorsed Brooks. Once Trump has a rally for Brooks (which he will), he will surge.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2021, 10:32:13 AM »

Hahahaha:
JMT

« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2021, 06:58:43 PM »

Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2021, 09:58:12 PM »

Some Republican Senators have seemed to quietly back Brit.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/02/senate-republicans-quietly-buck-trump-in-alabama-race-523701
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2021, 10:05:01 PM »

They were probably brought on board by Shelby, who obviously has close relationships with many of his colleagues.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #199 on: December 02, 2021, 11:40:58 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2021, 11:44:51 PM by Roll Roons »

I'm not surprised. Imagine wanting to serve with a guy who basically sympathized with the asshole who threatened to blow up the Capitol.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies