Atlas Throwback: 1951 edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:16:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Throwback: 1951 edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Throwback: 1951 edition  (Read 444 times)
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2021, 04:45:31 PM »

Who do you guys think will win in 1952? Right now i'd say it's a lock for the Democrats. If the situation in Korea isn't resolved by then I think that whoever they nominate is bound to be somewhat weaker then Truman and FDR but as of now the GOP doesn't have anybody other then Taft and his support for anti-labor legislation is bound to destroy him in the industrial midwest. On top of that all the Democrats need to do is hold the southern wall to win a sixth straight election and unless they nominate someone who goes too far on Civil Rights it'll hold. It'll be something like this:

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 09:00:57 PM »

Who do you guys think will win in 1952? Right now i'd say it's a lock for the Democrats. If the situation in Korea isn't resolved by then I think that whoever they nominate is bound to be somewhat weaker then Truman and FDR but as of now the GOP doesn't have anybody other then Taft and his support for anti-labor legislation is bound to destroy him in the industrial midwest. On top of that all the Democrats need to do is hold the southern wall to win a sixth straight election and unless they nominate someone who goes too far on Civil Rights it'll hold. It'll be something like this:

I do wish you'd stop trolling by trying to imply the Democrats are Commies by using red for them, so I fixed your map.  Also, let's face it, despite Truman finally integrating the military, the Republicans are and always will be the party of civil rights, tho they have strayed somewhat as they delusionally try to make gains in the South.  They might be able to take Florida someday thanks to all the damn Yankees who've moved to someplace warm.

As for the Republicans not having anyone other than Taft, I must disagree. Either MacArthur or Eisenhower might throw their hat in the ring as they definitely aren't Democrats and neither general would look kindly on the Republicans returning to their isolationist ways, which is what having Taft leading the ticket would imply. But even if either general enters the race, it's Gov. Stassen's nomination to lose. The country is tired of having old men leading it, and Stassen would likely beat either Truman or Kefauver.

Here's how I see a Stassen-Kefauver race:

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies