Will Biden's approval be in the low to mid 40s consistently after about a year?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:01:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will Biden's approval be in the low to mid 40s consistently after about a year?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will they be?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Will Biden's approval be in the low to mid 40s consistently after about a year?  (Read 1478 times)
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2021, 10:35:40 PM »

I say yes. I don't think he is going to be popular and I don't see him running again. Without Trump to blame on everything I think the democrats are going to get criticized a lot. I think his average approval will be 44-45% after about 9 or 10 months.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 10:40:33 PM »

I'd say 47%.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 10:47:34 PM »

It really depends on how his stimulus bill goes. If manages to get 2k checks, expanded child tax credit, $15 min wage, infrastructure along with getting most people vaccinated and COVID mitigated. Biden could end up being reasonably popular his entire term.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 10:56:39 PM »

I think Biden will end up proving to be the converse of Trump: that is, just as Trump's ratings remained consistently stable with an approval rating in the low-to-mid 40s & a disapproval rating in the low-to-mid 50s, Biden's will also remain consistently stable, but with an approval rating in the low-to-mid 50s & a disapproval rating in the low-to-mid 40s. In fact, the (admittedly little) polling which we've already gotten on Biden's approval rating thus far is already ~10 points better than where Trump was 9 days into his presidency (which makes sense, given that he's obviously considerably less polarizing than Trump), so to some extent, this effect could very well already be showing up before our very eyes, though we'll obviously need months' more of approval polling to confirm whether or not this apparent trend might be sustainable.

At the very least, if - as is expected - the economy is well on its way to being (if not already) back & booming & life is well on its way to being (if not already) back to normal a year from now, then I see no reason to expect his having a consistent approval rating in the low-to-mid 40s at that time (other than SN's hackery perpetually clouding his judgment, of course).
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 11:26:42 PM »

It’ll probably be around 51-55% consistently if I had to guess.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 12:20:24 AM »

No it will be at 1% and Trump will revive and win every state because daddy is returning.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 05:09:51 AM »

I think Biden will end up proving to be the converse of Trump: that is, just as Trump's ratings remained consistently stable with an approval rating in the low-to-mid 40s & a disapproval rating in the low-to-mid 50s, Biden's will also remain consistently stable, but with an approval rating in the low-to-mid 50s & a disapproval rating in the low-to-mid 40s. In fact, the (admittedly little) polling which we've already gotten on Biden's approval rating thus far is already ~10 points better than where Trump was 9 days into his presidency (which makes sense, given that he's obviously considerably less polarizing than Trump), so to some extent, this effect could very well already be showing up before our very eyes, though we'll obviously need months' more of approval polling to confirm whether or not this apparent trend might be sustainable.

At the very least, if - as is expected - the economy is well on its way to being (if not already) back & booming & life is well on its way to being (if not already) back to normal a year from now, then I see no reason to expect his having a consistent approval rating in the low-to-mid 40s at that time (other than SN's hackery perpetually clouding his judgment, of course).

While I don't think it's fair to assume that Biden's approval ratings will be the inverse of Trump's (due to the left's propensity to eat their own), the rollout of the Covid vaccine and the economic recovery will probably help Biden stay afloat.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 07:34:00 AM »

You really think that Biden is gonna lose, he is paying attention to Covid, and wears a mask unlike Trump whom called it a hoax and didn't wear a mask and paid attention to his Reelection

Trump had a 44 percent job approval 2019 he was impeached
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 09:45:40 AM »

For Trump... that is Trump, for which we have no analogue. Barely getting elected under flukish circumstances (Trump lost the popular vote but won the electoral vote) implies that one must gain support with which to be re-elected. Trump picked up some raw vote, but not enough to stave off defeat. Trump did little to win over the votes of people who voted against him, and that shows in the bottom-scraping approval numbers. The raw vote that he did pick up he won on fear of losing the world that one knew (Commies! Muslims! the wrong sorts of Hispanics!) but that fell short.

The economy will go back to normal, but which normal? We are entering a new Skowronek cycle, one in which very different assumptions of economic reality prevail. The neoliberal ethos in which most people exist solely to make people already filthy rich even more filthy rich, that started with Ronald Reagan's "Morning in America" and his supply-side, trickle-down economics, got Gingrich's "Contract with America" when Clinton tried to chip away at its inhuman assumptions and the Tea Party agenda when Obama tried to do much the same, and culminated in the Trump Presidency as the Presidential expression of Gingrich's Contract with America and the Tea Party attempted to transform America into a plutocratic dystopia, has collapsed.

Bad policies require personality cults and perverse ideologies to back them, and when those collapse, then people must start anew. If Reagan told people to stay the course when things were new and dicey, Trump sought to compel us to stay a failing course.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2021, 10:27:17 AM »

It’ll probably be around 51-55% consistently if I had to guess.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2021, 10:31:53 AM »

Biden will be super popular for his first two years just because of the COVID and economic recovery. IDK about 4 years down the line.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2021, 11:25:35 AM »

We just have fresh released polls showing D's Inc Senators at 54 percent Warnock and Abrams and Kemp and Collins are at 40 due to insurrection
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2021, 11:31:59 AM »

You really think that Biden is gonna lose, he is paying attention to Covid, and wears a mask unlike Trump whom called it a hoax and didn't wear a mask and paid attention to his Reelection

Trump had a 44 percent job approval 2019 he was impeached

I never said Biden would lose. I mainly said I thought he'd have a 47% job approval rating thanks to partisanship. I think his approvals will be in the net positives with a disapproval rating hovering about 42%.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2021, 11:55:39 AM »

You know SN D party is at 54 percent approvals and the R party is at 34/59, McCarthy will never be Speaker and that is a long time. He wooed 40 percent Trump
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 12:10:55 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2021, 12:18:20 AM by O the Pelican, so smoothly doth he crest, a wind god! »

I think it will stabilize at a range of 47-51.  Obama had higher ratings at times, but lower at other times.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2021, 12:33:29 AM »

I think maybe in the low 50s even with an expected ailing economy and a pandemic still raging on— and inability to deliver due to unwillingness of the more conservative members of Congress and himself. His approval rating will be afloat or hover around the 50% mark due in part due to major “establishment” media platforms not being inclined to portray him negatively. More importantly, civil institutions approving of him will be bitterly behind him until the next R prez due to fear of retaliation.

Now I expect at 2023/4 to be where greater negativity will seep in as people are still suffering and suburban voters come home in part to the GOP. That’s when the ability to be personally blind of reality and cope with “but [R Nominee/Trump]” breaks down entirely.

For now, I think most pollsters that have good methodologies will show that sort of thing, and it will greatly mirror that of reality.
neostassenite31
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2021, 01:06:05 AM »

Based solely on what Rasmussen has put out so far, it'll be worse than that probably before the end of summer
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2021, 02:20:26 PM »

If the Economy stays like now and 18 M remain unemployed of course, the D's will be in trouble, but Fauci said 2022 is the reopening date not 2021 and this is an SN thread
FloridaMan1845
Rookie
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2023, 02:08:03 PM »

Yes.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2023, 02:20:59 PM »

Looking at the old replies, Biden was actually holding surprisingly steady for the first half of 2021, but Afghanistan brought him down and he hasn't managed to comeback from underwater since. For the last 7 months, he has basically been locked in the 42%-44% range soon and I doubt that changes unless something significant happens.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2023, 02:38:41 PM »

2022 proved it didn’t really matter how unpopular he is since the GOP will just find a way to outclown him.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2023, 03:07:09 PM »

Yes, but it won't matter since the GOP can't win with Trump.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2023, 05:35:19 PM »

I think he might be slightly underwater but nowhere near as deep under it as Trump is in contrast.

I've been saying this a lot but Biden is at his best when contrasted with the GOP, and they are still making it easy on him to come out on top in comparison.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies