Texas 2022 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:13:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas 2022 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 44
Poll
Question: Current gubernatorial rating?
Safe R

Likely R

Lean R

Tossup/tilt R

Tossup/tilt D

Lean D

Likely D

Safe D

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 245

Author Topic: Texas 2022 megathread  (Read 62420 times)
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: November 28, 2021, 07:30:53 PM »

McConaughey is OUT

BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #401 on: November 28, 2021, 07:34:56 PM »

McConaughey is OUT

McConaughey is a Republican.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #402 on: November 28, 2021, 07:47:51 PM »

It's Lean R anyways due to Border issues
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #403 on: November 28, 2021, 08:17:16 PM »

McConaughey is OUT

I never seriously thought that he was going to run to begin with. But with him out for sure, that means this will be an Abbott vs. O'Rourke race. Abbott will win, but the margin will probably be within the upper single digits. I expect for him to do worse than in 2018.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #404 on: November 28, 2021, 08:31:18 PM »

How is he a Republican?
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #405 on: November 28, 2021, 08:35:03 PM »

McConaughey is OUT

I never seriously thought that he was going to run to begin with. But with him out for sure, that means this will be an Abbott vs. O'Rourke race. Abbott will win, but the margin will probably be within the upper single digits. I expect for him to do worse than in 2018.

It would be very concerning if he did better than 2018 considering the Dems didn't even try that year.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #406 on: November 28, 2021, 08:47:34 PM »

Obviously I expect Abbott to win, but I'm conflicted about the margin.

On one hand, the national environment is likely to be much better for the GOP compared to 2018 and O'Rourke, despite being well-known and well-funded compared to Valdez, has a lot of liabilities.

But at the same time, it seems like Abbott's popularity has really declined this year. So it's hard to say exactly what happens.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #407 on: November 28, 2021, 08:48:22 PM »

McConaughey is OUT

It would be very concerning if he did better than 2018 considering the Dems didn't even try that year.

It would be, and it remains a possibility. I suspect that Abbott will do better in the Rio Grande Valley, and will probably improve even further in rural Texas (further reducing the paltry Democratic numbers in those areas), but that the major urban and suburban areas of Texas will swing against him. A result resembling that of Cornyn's from last year seems the most plausible outcome to me at this point.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #408 on: November 28, 2021, 09:59:17 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2021, 10:25:09 PM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

Obviously I expect Abbott to win, but I'm conflicted about the margin.

On one hand, the national environment is likely to be much better for the GOP compared to 2018 and O'Rourke, despite being well-known and well-funded compared to Valdez, has a lot of liabilities.

But at the same time, it seems like Abbott's popularity has really declined this year. So it's hard to say exactly what happens.

Biden broken borders is hurting D's in TX/FL Beto is losing by six pts the same as Crist and Demings, that's exactly how it's happening in TX, it's most likely a Neutral 304 Map yr not an R wave especially in the Senate and Gov races

Rs are the Favs in the H, but Cali Redistricting is gonna complicate their Majority status Rs are expected to lose Nunes, Issa, and Garcia and 1 more R and McCarthy lacks the votes in a divided H to become Speaker, Green and Cheney vows to block his Speakership
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #409 on: November 29, 2021, 12:02:08 AM »

D's shouldn't put a nickel in this race it's GONE without McCounghey, Beto gun record is gonna be exposed by Rs
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #410 on: November 29, 2021, 01:39:59 AM »

Alright alright alright then.

I think I’m gonna take a long, well-deserved break from following politics too closely for the benefit of my personal life and mental health. Matthew McConaughey running might have been the only thing that could have kept me invested.

Goodbye friends. I’ll come back after Dems are slaughtered next year I’m sure. Probably much sooner if I’m being honest because this s—t is like a drug. But I am gonna TRY at least for a while to keep a distance because it’s only inflicting unnecessary pain, misery, and disappointment on me at the moment. At least McConaughey would have been entertaining.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #411 on: November 29, 2021, 01:40:53 AM »

Alright alright alright then.

I think I’m gonna take a long, well-deserved break from following politics too closely for the benefit of my personal life and mental health. Matthew McConaughey running might have been the only thing that could have kept me invested.

Goodbye friends. I’ll come back after Dems are slaughtered next year I’m sure. Probably much sooner if I’m being honest because this s—t is like a drug. But I am gonna TRY at least for a while to keep a distance because it’s only inflicting unnecessary pain, misery, and disappointment on me at the moment, At least McConaughey would have been entertaining.
Best of luck. I'll be missing your generally quite excellent postings!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #412 on: November 29, 2021, 03:07:48 AM »

The political calculation changes, we have a border crisis where immigrants are coming in with the Delta Varient, mostly immigrants are getting it, I had my Covid shot but they are coming in unvaccinated..

Abbott and DeSajtis have done great jobs in containing the border despite their Right-wing record on everything else

McCounghey wasn't all that anyways you shouldn't look up to celebrities they're like politicians he paid 100K to give their advice on politics or acting or sports much more than even a middle class family member make in annual salary

Just like Act blue was a joke they had us donating to Kennedy millions of voters, but politicians except Pelosi we're donating to Market who is Lane he disappears when he isn't campaigning against Kennedy what has he done since he defeated Kennedy nothing
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #413 on: November 29, 2021, 07:06:00 AM »

Watch the pollsters are gonna stop polling TX because McCounghey isn't running, it's only Beto the right wing is gonna tar
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #414 on: November 29, 2021, 02:09:25 PM »

The chances of this race becoming a tossup have collapsed completely to the ground after that announcement.

Not like Matthew would've won anyways, although it would've been interesting to see where a lot of his votes would be stolen from.

I'll even be bold and say he probably would've gotten second place in Travis County due to his connections to Austin, and maybe second place (or even winning) Uvalde County as he was born in Uvalde, although those are probably pretty stupid arguments anyways, nor are they happening now that he's no longer running.

Although it does seem that he's leaving the door open for a political run for something in the future, whichever that may be. Mayor of Austin maybe??
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #415 on: November 29, 2021, 11:25:47 PM »

We get Beto vs. Abbott. This is the worst of both world, but hey, that's American politics.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2021, 11:08:22 AM »

Beto was feeding off the energy of McCounghey now that McCounghey is out he is the same Beto that failed as Prez and Senator
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #417 on: November 30, 2021, 11:14:20 AM »

We get Beto vs. Abbott. This is the worst of both world, but hey, that's American politics.

Doesn't matter. It's Safe R anway.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #418 on: November 30, 2021, 11:35:03 AM »

Doesn't matter. It's Safe R anway.

Yeah O’Rourke on the ticket pretty much guarantees that.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #419 on: November 30, 2021, 12:04:20 PM »

I like Beto, but he can't win after his comments on guns, aside from the fact that 2022 will be redder than 2018 and Abbott is much more popular than Cruz.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #420 on: November 30, 2021, 01:29:49 PM »

Wave insurance seats happens at the end of the campaign not the beginning we can get some SPL VOTING OUT OF THESE RED STATES WE'RE NOT GONNA WIN THEM ALL BUT Ryan, Demings abd Beto can all win and DeSantis and M DeWine can win too😊😊😊
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #421 on: November 30, 2021, 03:05:49 PM »

Anyone can say Beto can't win but what if our H candidates in TX overperform, TX or FL or OH SEN are within 4/6 pts of winning

Muhammad 6 pts ahead by Abbott or DeSantis isn't SAFE R
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2021, 03:09:18 PM »

I wish McConnaughey was running.  It would be more amusing and not change the final result.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #423 on: November 30, 2021, 03:29:01 PM »

I wish McConnaughey was running.  It would be more amusing and not change the final result.

McCounenhey is friends with Beto you don't think for second he wouldn't encourage Beto not to run, yes he did encourage Beto to run
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #424 on: November 30, 2021, 04:44:16 PM »

Lean/Likely R.

The only Texas Democrat that can win is Henry Cuellar. He fits the state's ideology. He is a moderate Democrat.

Texas is not leftwing. Even Texas Democrats are tough on immigration.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies