Andrew Cuomo administration undercounted COVID-19 deaths at nursing homes by up to 50%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:08:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Andrew Cuomo administration undercounted COVID-19 deaths at nursing homes by up to 50%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo administration undercounted COVID-19 deaths at nursing homes by up to 50%  (Read 1163 times)
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2021, 08:47:16 PM »

I still can’t believe he wrote a book on fighting the pandemic last month [October]. That would be like Hitler writing a book of “military lessons from the Second World War” in August 1942.

Cuomo's COVID administration has been a disaster from the start, and has been receiving unwarranted praise for almost as long.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2021, 11:26:45 PM »

ITS GIBSON TIME
Barack Oganja

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2021, 07:48:00 PM »

The fact that this guy got an Emmy and wrote a book about the pandemic is gross. The whole liberal media bias thing is normally untrue, but in Cuomo's case it fits, the media did everyone a disservice. Going to be nauseating when he's re-elected.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2021, 08:26:49 PM »

His and Newsom’s incompetence is doing a lot more damage to the Dem brand than people think. Probably more than the squad tbh.

Newsom’s “Courage for a Change” slogan turned out to be bogus. He was doing well enough before he folded and has basically signaled that the state is open for business again. Vaccine priorities have been a mess too.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2021, 08:52:09 PM »

Just to pile on a bit more, the sign up system for a vaccine in NY is an utter fail. It is also corrupt since these short windows open up for 5 minutes a week in localities, and those who have been tipped off by the local health department that the window is about to open, snap up all the slots. After going through hell, with appointments stated being available, and then are not when you go to the next screen, and having to go venue by venue in a foraging  like a ravenous wolf, I finally scored some emaciated prey in the form of an appointment on March 5 - in Utica, close to a three hour drive away.

So dissatisfied with all of that,  due to the experience related below, I checked out NJ using my Hoboken address. There you sign up online easily without any fuss, and get a response that they will get back to you when it is your turn. No online jackpot lottery BS. A fellow old who lives in the same building and is on the Assn Board with me, signed up like I just did, in late December, and got  a call three days ago, plus an email, plus a call from the mayor, that her appointment was yesterday, so she is now vaccinated. NJ rocks, and NY is a box or rocks.

The most remote parts of NY State have vaccinations available in late March. Other than that, there's nothing available.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2021, 08:58:08 PM »

I don't follow East Coast state politics very closely, but I've never really understood how he politically survived dissolving his own commission to investigate corruption.   
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2021, 07:21:44 PM »

Cuomo is not going anywhere....he will get his 4th term for the family....2026 will be the year where a new governor will most likely get elected

He's needed in Albany because at least he is holding police unions to the fire on the police reform issue....Hochul or Williams would fold to the PBAs

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cuomo-nypd-federal-monitor-police-reform-2021-mayor-race
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2021, 07:33:42 PM »

Vote Blue No Matter Who, Except Cuomo
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2021, 07:35:47 PM »

Hate to say it, Atlas...but I told y'all so:

Yes, obviously.  One of Cuomo's most damning decisions was his March 25 mandate that nursing homes accept COVID patients released from hospitals (5,600 deaths in nursing homes in NYS).  Florida has allowed nursing homes to reject COVID patients; they have under 700 nursing home deaths.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2021, 07:45:32 PM »

Vote Blue No Matter Who, Except Cuomo
Against Cuomo it's more like "Vote Literally Any Random Person Off the Street No Matter Who"
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2021, 03:39:34 PM »

This was reported on in August/September already.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 04:34:18 PM »

This info is from a report that was recently released by the NY AG Tish James.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2021, 04:37:26 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, the Department of Justice may look into this? I long spoke well of Cuomo, but this sounds really bad. If he's being indicted or so, he should not remain in office.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies