2021 MLB Season Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:29:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2021 MLB Season Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 37
Author Topic: 2021 MLB Season Thread  (Read 22474 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: August 17, 2021, 09:10:47 PM »

In the midst of an easy 13 game stretch, these acquisitions look poised to give the Yankees much hope. Anthony Rizzo has certainly cemented a decent memory for the fans meant to last. If our offense can score just enough and our bullpen doesn't continuously blow it against teams lacking any motivation, I suspect we could get within a game of the Sox (or less likely the Rays) in the loss column in a couple weeks.

But because we are a fundamentally unsound team with an atrocious manager, we will fall apart when we have to play those much superior teams in the final six weeks - no doubt. They'll replace Glasnow - next man up mentality.

Boston is overperforming and had no business winning the last series requiring multiple mental lapses, but I have decided to cheer for them and their much more admirable manager if it means stopping this ugly thing going on down in Florida.

15 days to get within a game in the loss column and 17 days to overtake the BoSox. I will now accept my accolades (and pray that I do not have to accept accolades for part 2 of this prediction!) What a great race in the American League with six teams separated by five games. It's anybody's penant yet!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #526 on: August 17, 2021, 09:20:25 PM »

Don't look now, but the Reds are closing in on the Padres for the second Wild Card spot in the National League.

They're currently 2 back after losing to Cubs earlier today...but German Marquez has shut down the Padres offense through five at Coors field, only allowing one hit so far.

San Diego missing the playoffs could be one of the biggest choke jobs in recent in MLB history, if it comes to pass.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #527 on: August 17, 2021, 10:38:48 PM »

Giants are the prohibited fav, they already won 3 last decade with Hunter Pence and I won't be too unhappy
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #528 on: August 17, 2021, 11:21:04 PM »

Logan Webb now has given up 2 or fewer runs in each of his last 11 starts, with a 1.64 ERA over that time (Giants have gone 10-1 with a loss in extras over that time). At least 6 IP in each of the last 5 starts (was recovering from injury before then). At this point I’d take him on the mound against anyone.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #529 on: August 18, 2021, 06:16:39 AM »

Mets are gonna get swept by Dodgers and Giants

They can't even run bases or sign steel

Bellinger is having a great comeback, he is back hitting, especially in the laugher in 14/4 against Mets

Clubhouse is about chemistry the Dodgers have Trea Turner and the best best coach in the Wrld Mark Pryor, that's why Will Smith came out of nowhere to be the second best catcher in league with 15 homers, if Pryor wasn't there, he would be a nobody

That's why they didn't let Justin Turner go last yr when Meta wanted to pay him more
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #530 on: August 18, 2021, 07:36:29 AM »

The Red Sox cause me great pain

I'm on the Reds bandwagon now
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #531 on: August 18, 2021, 09:25:38 AM »

Sounds like your ox was gored.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #532 on: August 18, 2021, 09:26:11 AM »

Sounds like your ox was gored.

Excellent work.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #533 on: August 18, 2021, 11:42:34 AM »

The Pirates have an excellent chance of getting next year's first pick in the draft.  Cry
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #534 on: August 18, 2021, 06:17:22 PM »

Tigers hall of Famer and current color commentator Jack Morris has been suspended for racially insensitive comments against Shohei Ohtani
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #535 on: August 18, 2021, 06:24:45 PM »

Tigers hall of Famer and current color commentator Jack Morris has been suspended for racially insensitive comments against Shohei Ohtani

Should have been fired on the spot.

Hope the right decision is made and he is fired.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #536 on: August 18, 2021, 07:29:50 PM »

Should have been fired on the spot.

Hope the right decision is made and he is fired.

Like… he was pretty clearly doing the Elmer Fudd thing tho
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #537 on: August 18, 2021, 08:20:34 PM »

Freddie Freeman has hit for the cycle in his first four at-bats tonight (double, triple, single, homer).  The Braves lead the Marlins 7-2 in the bottom of the 6th.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #538 on: August 18, 2021, 08:56:35 PM »

Freddie Freeman has hit for the cycle in his first four at-bats tonight (double, triple, single, homer).  The Braves lead the Marlins 7-2 in the bottom of the 6th.

I wonder what the quickest anyone has reached a cycle is? Like how many innings?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #539 on: August 18, 2021, 09:07:55 PM »

It's worth noting the Braves have a much tougher schedule than the Phillies do.

They host the Yankees, go to Los Angeles to play to play the Dodgers, have a split series with the Padres, where one of the games is at home and the other three are on the road, and play the Giants twice.

The Phillies get off lightly in comparison. They go to San Diego, then come home to play Tampa, have a three game series in Milwaukee in early September, then don't face another team with a record currently above .500 until the end of September series with Atlanta.

This is why I'm picking the Phillies to win the NL East at this point.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #540 on: August 18, 2021, 09:14:42 PM »

I wonder what the quickest anyone has reached a cycle is? Like how many innings?
Mike Lansing, 2B for the Rockies (playing at home, which helped), in 2000 — triple in the first, homer in the second, double in the third and single in the fourth.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #541 on: August 19, 2021, 06:19:27 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2021, 06:23:12 AM by NewYorkExpress »

I don't know how American League sportswriters are going to able to live with themselves if Shohei Ohtani isn't voted as unanimous MVP and wins the Cy Young award.

The last person to have a season anything close to what he's been doing is literally Babe f*****g Ruth.

Ohtani's even two stolen bases away from a 40-20 season!!!!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #542 on: August 19, 2021, 08:39:09 AM »

They host the Yankees, go to Los Angeles to play to play the Dodgers, have a split series with the Padres, where one of the games is at home and the other three are on the road, and play the Giants twice.

The Phillies get off lightly in comparison. They go to San Diego, then come home to play Tampa, have a three game series in Milwaukee in early September, then don't face another team with a record currently above .500 until the end of September series with Atlanta.

The Phillies definitely have an easier remaining schedule, but with the way the Braves are playing and a 3.5-game lead, I'd rather be the Braves at this point.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #543 on: August 19, 2021, 03:49:29 PM »

I don't know how American League sportswriters are going to able to live with themselves if Shohei Ohtani isn't voted as unanimous MVP and wins the Cy Young award.

The last person to have a season anything close to what he's been doing is literally Babe f*****g Ruth.

He's MVP no doubt, but there are three superior Cy Young candidates in every category across the board. He doesn't get bonus points for offense, especially in the American League. It will be Lynn, Ray or Cole. Lance Lynn is my biased pick. He's such a quietly elite workhorse.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #544 on: August 19, 2021, 03:53:05 PM »

The Phillies definitely have an easier remaining schedule, but with the way the Braves are playing and a 3.5-game lead, I'd rather be the Braves at this point.

The nation's KKK members, long haul truckers who fly Confederate flags, and whites-only "in practice" frat members at SEC schools give a collective cheer at this amazing news.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #545 on: August 19, 2021, 04:06:17 PM »

He's MVP no doubt, but there are three superior Cy Young candidates in every category across the board. He doesn't get bonus points for offense, especially in the American League. It will be Lynn, Ray or Cole. Lance Lynn is my biased pick. He's such a quietly elite workhorse.

Love me some Lance Lynn
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #546 on: August 19, 2021, 06:15:11 PM »

With their loss today, the Phillies were swept by the lowly Diamondbacks and are now 4 games behind the Braves, who have gained 6 games on the Phils in the last 10 played.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #547 on: August 19, 2021, 09:34:55 PM »

With Shohei Ohtani and Mike Trout, it's criminal that the Angels are still a mediocre team.

UrinatingTree has a video about Arte Moreno that might shed some light on the subject, but I haven't watched it yet.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #548 on: August 20, 2021, 12:27:43 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2021, 05:03:43 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

Mets were supposed to beat the Dodgers and they lost

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/luis-rojas-reacts-steve-cohens-185620666.html

Here's an excellent article on the Mers and not only that James McCann is injured, these athletes are overpaid, he hasn't done anything since he was a White Sox catcher

I like Trea Turner from a fans perspective and Betts
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #549 on: August 20, 2021, 08:36:36 PM »

Max Fried just delivered a brilliant pitching performance, a complete game shutout on 90 pitches (66 strikes) as the Braves beat the Orioles 3-0 for their 11th straight road win.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies