2021 MLB Season Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:44:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2021 MLB Season Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 37
Author Topic: 2021 MLB Season Thread  (Read 22433 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: August 03, 2021, 09:15:48 AM »

This is great.  Watch it all the way through.

I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #476 on: August 03, 2021, 12:26:58 PM »

When a team wins the World Series, every player on the team’s full roster gets a ring, not just the players on the postseason active roster. It has been that way since at least the 80s. Has it always been that way?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #477 on: August 03, 2021, 12:29:26 PM »

Why don't you google it, read some of the links, and get back to us on that question?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #478 on: August 03, 2021, 12:35:47 PM »

Why don't you google it, read some of the links, and get back to us on that question?
I did google it. I couldn’t find a definitive answer. I found that Steve Carlton got his third ring on the 1987 Twins after being left off the postseason active roster. I couldn’t find anything about earlier World Series years.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #479 on: August 03, 2021, 12:54:43 PM »

I did google it. I couldn’t find a definitive answer. I found that Steve Carlton got his third ring on the 1987 Twins after being left off the postseason active roster. I couldn’t find anything about earlier World Series years.

I know some players get traded midseason so if you're traded from one world series team to another after a certain mark you get a ring. I remember this happening in 2011? I think
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #480 on: August 03, 2021, 12:57:47 PM »

That Cubs fire sale was a thing of beauty to see from 90 miles north.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #481 on: August 03, 2021, 01:41:51 PM »

I know some players get traded midseason so if you're traded from one world series team to another after a certain mark you get a ring. I remember this happening in 2011? I think
Yes, but weren’t they actually on the losing team (as well as the losing team’s postseason roster)? Scott Alexander was left off the postseason roster of the 2015 Royals and 2020 Dodgers, but he was on the winning teams’ full rosters when the Royals and Dodgers won it. Alexander has two rings.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #482 on: August 03, 2021, 04:53:37 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2021, 04:57:08 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

As I said above Mark Pryor, I rooted for him as a kid in 2003, is the best thing that happened to the Dodgers and he didn't go to Cubs manager position, but Ricketts have Rooftop fans that come to games anyways

Just like the Bears are now cursed with the Rams because Matthew Stafford their rival is now with Ramsey and Aaron Donald and win win the Superbowl, it's in LA but they need a Backup QB in case Stafford can miss some games due to fact they have a soft schedule against Titans or Jags or Cards

That's why the Cub players are sunk except Scherzer whom will win a title this yr, our Cali teams are stacked Carmelo Anthony is now trying come to Lakers due to Westbrook

That's why Giants/Dodgers have won 4/10 titles and Warriors)Lakers have won 9/20 Wrld titles only Tom Brady has collectively the same amount of wins 7/20 yrs
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #483 on: August 04, 2021, 12:51:22 AM »
« Edited: August 04, 2021, 12:57:44 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

Astros cooked off Dodgers, Dodgers aren't gonna win the World Series If Seagar, Bellinger and Max MUNCY struggles continue, Max hasn't done anything since the All Star and Bellinger no hits, and Seagar no home runs
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #484 on: August 04, 2021, 09:18:31 AM »

Fun fact: Scott Alexander has more World Series rings than Jose Altuve.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #485 on: August 04, 2021, 05:20:13 PM »

The Dodgers have been playing 600 ball on the road as of late and playing 400 ball at home, they blew 3 straight saves and loose to Astros, because MUNCY, Seagar and Bellinger stink.
But, Pujos, Smith, Turner and Betts have been hitting homers in SF and AZ
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #486 on: August 05, 2021, 09:53:30 PM »

I'm in Spain without the S
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #487 on: August 05, 2021, 09:57:33 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2021, 10:02:32 PM by DON FARBIZIO CORBERA »

I've been watching the Mets and Phillies all week to make sure when I go tomorrow it would be the game when the Phillies finally overtake the Mets.

The only thing better than the Red Sox and Mets losing miserably (like last season) is watching them get so much hope leading the division all year before the inevitable collapse.

Still think Toronto is the best in the AL East as I have all season, but Tampa is holding their ground. Could be Toronto and New York for the Wild Card game.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #488 on: August 05, 2021, 10:13:49 PM »

I've been watching the Mets and Phillies all week to make sure when I go tomorrow it would be the game when the Phillies finally overtake the Mets.

The only thing better than the Red Sox and Mets losing miserably (like last season) is watching them get so much hope leading the division all year before the inevitable collapse.

Still think Toronto is the best in the AL East as I have all season, but Tampa is holding their ground. Could be Toronto and New York for the Wild Card game.

I don't think the Yankees are as good as the Athletics.

The Phillies are having all their best players get hot at the perfect time.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #489 on: August 05, 2021, 10:14:20 PM »

Pain
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #490 on: August 05, 2021, 11:16:42 PM »

I don't think the Yankees are as good as the Athletics.

The Phillies are having all their best players get hot at the perfect time.

I don't either. Taking 5 out of 6 in Florida when averaging fewer than 3 runs a game in those series and featuring a bullpen that rivals the Mets, Phillies, and Nationals among the league-worst was an aberration. The offense could unleash on Baltimore, but who else? We shall have to see when we take the field in Iowa in one week. Tons of reason to believe Oakland is better and has an easier schedule. But what is life without hope?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #491 on: August 06, 2021, 08:42:36 AM »

The NL East is getting interesting for sure.  The Braves are now only 1 game behind the Phillies and 1.5 behind the Mets following their sweep of the Cardinals. 

Weirdly, last night's win brought the Braves above .500 for the first time this season; they'd reached .500 six previous times, only to fall back below it every time.  The Cardinals gave up four consecutive bases-loaded walks in the decisive 8th inning.  I don't think I've ever seen that many in a row before.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #492 on: August 06, 2021, 09:30:12 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2021, 09:35:07 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

Dodgers and Giants are still the best teams in MLB, teams don't realize how good of a pitching coach Mark Pryor and how good a motivator he is, that's why Will Smith whom he guides thru helping pitchers, is the second best catcher with OPS with Buster Posey

Mark Pryor is co manager, that's why Dodgers or Giants will win the Word Series

We got Posey and Will Smith

Giants/Dodgers just like Warriors/Lakers have dominated the  two sports we got the two best catchers Will Smith/Posey and Curry/LeBron/THOMPSON/WESTBROOK

4/10 titles for Giants/Dodgers and Warriors/Lakers 9/20 TITLES only matched by Tom Brady 7/20 TITLES

Don't say Will Smith isn't good he has hit almost as many homers as Justin Turner
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #493 on: August 06, 2021, 08:35:20 PM »

Hot-hitting pitcher Max Fried of the Braves just got his second pinch hit of the season, this one a ground-rule double.  The first one was a walk-off RBI single.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #494 on: August 06, 2021, 09:10:23 PM »

I'm going to go cry in a corner
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #495 on: August 06, 2021, 09:40:43 PM »

Tre Turner replacement of Gavin Lux at Second is tomorrow great news
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #496 on: August 06, 2021, 10:38:07 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2021, 10:42:21 PM by DON FARBIZIO CORBERA »

How much do we love Brett Gardner, folks! Extra innings may be fake, but he's still the greatest. #11 getting retired Smiley

And Didi, the love of my life, always puts on a show whenever I have the pleasure of cheering him on. What a guy! Hope he's not injured too badly! He was going for the unnatural cycle when that THUG Aaron Loup drilled him. Real classy. You think I don't remember when you did that six years ago too?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #497 on: August 06, 2021, 10:54:07 PM »

I’m beyond disgusted with the Mets and just want Cohen to fire everyone and worse that it has to be to the biggest douchebags in the mlb ie the Phillies
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #498 on: August 06, 2021, 11:15:25 PM »

I’m beyond disgusted with the Mets and just want Cohen to fire everyone and worse that it has to be to the biggest douchebags in the mlb ie the Phillies

Houston's worse at the moment.

How none of the players involved weren't banned for life for the sign stealing scandal is beyond me.

Hell, the 2020 Astros (and a few years beyond that) should have been made to forfeit all of their games as a penalty for the scandal.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #499 on: August 06, 2021, 11:49:22 PM »

Houston's worse at the moment.

How none of the players involved weren't banned for life for the sign stealing scandal is beyond me.

Hell, the 2020 Astros (and a few years beyond that) should have been made to forfeit all of their games as a penalty for the scandal.

Every team was doing it. Except perhaps the incompetent Mets and Pirates. Only one (and a half?) got caught. Because we decide to investigate winners? Time to move on.

The game has much more serious problems.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies