Nikki Haley: "Move on, give Trump a break"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:26:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nikki Haley: "Move on, give Trump a break"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Nikki Haley: "Move on, give Trump a break"  (Read 1331 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2021, 06:34:57 AM »

Utterly embarrassing and disgraceful. There's 20 things wrong and despicable with each sentence she said, but it's not even worth going thru all of it. The bottom line here is that 6 people are now dead because of an insurrection on the capitol and Nikki's mood is "move on".

walleye26

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 06:49:26 AM »

In other news, water is wet.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 07:40:25 AM »

Yeah, let's launch the 117th investigation into Benghazi or Hillary's e-mails instead of focusing on an insurrection spurred on by the president a couple of weeks ago.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 07:53:49 AM »

"Law and order"
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 08:05:17 AM »

Be patient.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 08:21:33 AM »

She needs to move on. Trump does not deserve a break.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 08:51:38 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2021, 02:19:03 PM by Oregon Eagle Politics »

This Forum: Nikki Haley would receive Bush levels in the suburbs and get 90% of the vote in Fairfax and win VA and CO.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 09:52:17 AM »

So, obviously she's running.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 09:53:21 AM »

No, Ms. Haley, we're not just moving on when a POTUS tries to overturn an election by pressuring a state SoS and emboldens a violent mob to storm the capitol to hang the VP, assassinate other leaders and attempt a de facto coup.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 09:54:55 AM »

In other news, Nikki Haley announces 2024 Presidential campaign
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2021, 10:09:02 AM »

Trump quite literally attempted to stage a coup against the United States.

He is a traitor.

Now we know Haley still supports him, making her a traitor too.

I swear, the Republican Party has sunk so low that there is no coming back.  It's full of grifters, authoritarians, conspiracy theorists, and racists.  I'm ashamed that I ever backed a Republican, but remain committed to the pledge I made in 2016 to never vote for another Republican candidate for any office at all ever again...from the lowest office to the highest.  Even "never-Trump" Republicans won't get my vote.  If you were truly "never Trump" you'd see that the only way forward is to drop the Republican Party.
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 01:02:18 PM »

He is a traitor.

I swear, the Republican Party has sunk so low that there is no coming back.  It's full of grifters, authoritarians, conspiracy theorists, and racists.  I'm ashamed that I ever backed a Republican, but remain committed to the pledge I made in 2016 to never vote for another Republican candidate for any office at all ever again...from the lowest office to the highest.  Even "never-Trump" Republicans won't get my vote.  If you were truly "never Trump" you'd see that the only way forward is to drop the Republican Party.

Tbf Haley never claimed to be a never Trump
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 01:10:50 PM »

You don't have to spend more than a few brief moments at a place like FreeRepublic to realize that the Trumpists in general hate Haley and that she's as likely to be their preferred candidate in 2024 as she is to be the proffered candidate of Bernie supporters.

So she degrading herself like this isn't even going to help her politically, if anything it'll hurt her with the, admittedly small, group of Republicans that wants to move on to a more sane GOP.     
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 01:37:09 PM »

Haley needs to realize that no matter how much she panders to Trumpists, she's never going to be their candidate in the 2024 primaries. She's much better off positioning herself as the face of a new post-Trump GOP. She'd still probably lose, but at least then she'd have a lane.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 01:37:52 PM »

And this is the part where literally every possible Republican presidential nominee does whatever they can to alienate people like me.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 01:41:24 PM »

Yeah, let's launch the 117th investigation into Benghazi or Hillary's e-mails instead of focusing on an insurrection spurred on by the president a couple of weeks ago.

Who is saying we need to reopen investigations into Benghazi or Hillary's emails?

The martyr complex is strong with this one, Atlas
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 01:44:52 PM »

And this is the part where literally every possible Republican presidential nominee does whatever they can to alienate people like me.

I hate to tell you this, but the GOP isn't for people like you anymore. The party of sane Republicans like John McCain is gone and it isn't coming back.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 01:47:52 PM »

He is a traitor.

Tbf Haley never claimed to be a never Trump

Sorry, I didn’t phrase that part correctly.  I wasn’t referring to Haley as a Never Trumper...I was directing that part of my comment to everyone else who is one.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 01:56:24 PM »

Who is saying we need to reopen investigations into Benghazi or Hillary's emails?

It's the sheer hypocrisy of wanting to "move on" from an insurrection that literally JUST happened, while the GOP was preoccupied for YEARS on end with those two pseudo-scandals.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2021, 01:59:05 PM »

It's the sheer hypocrisy of wanting to "move on" from an insurrection that literally JUST happened, while the GOP was preoccupied for YEARS on end with those two pseudo-scandals.

The GOP dropped its fascination with both of these scandals as soon as Clinton was defeated, IIRC

Maybe Congressional Dems should do the same
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2021, 02:00:47 PM »

Atlas: Nikki Haley would receive Bush levels in the suburbs and get 90% of the vote in Fairfax and win VA and CO.

Literally no one has ever said this. I’m not sure if any real number of people has said anything like this. Not trying to be overly combative here, but I’m pretty sure “Atlas” doesn’t say anything like that.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2021, 02:13:05 PM »

The GOP dropped its fascination with both of these scandals as soon as Clinton was defeated, IIRC

"The neighbor up-the-street took his rifle and shot at you. He luckily missed hitting your head and murdering you, by about a foot. The neighbor decided to move, and no longer lives anywhere near you. Just give the neighbor a break and move-on. Don't tell the authorities and don't go through all the proper court procedures to punish him."
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2021, 02:19:50 PM »

She's tied to Trump and trying to salvage her political career. Trump is going down.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2021, 02:21:17 PM »

They can't. They have the House & Senate, so they know when things will go down the toilet, people will blame them. So instead of reasonable governing, like balanced budgets, reasonable spending, no tax raises, taking care of the pandemic, etc. They need Trump at the front page so people will shy away from their incompetence.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2021, 02:23:34 PM »

They can't. They have the House & Senate, so they know when things will go down the toilet, people will blame them. So instead of reasonable governing, like balanced budgets, reasonable spending, no tax raises, taking care of the pandemic, etc. They need Trump at the front page so people will shy away from their incompetence.

Aren't you suppose to be gone, for an entire year, from this site?
Exit now.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies