WI - D4P/MoveOn (D): Ron Johnson at -13 net favourability but less unpopular than Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:35:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  WI - D4P/MoveOn (D): Ron Johnson at -13 net favourability but less unpopular than Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI - D4P/MoveOn (D): Ron Johnson at -13 net favourability but less unpopular than Trump  (Read 622 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2021, 03:49:26 PM »

A bad poll, but better to have it than not, right? Just take it with a bucketful of salt.

The work done for this particular sponsor seems to be similarly hackish to their MO poll. However, the first set of questions asks for favourability numbers with no qualifiers and thus has much more value as the push questions are all afterwards.

https://www.filesforprogress.org/datasets/2021/1/dfp-moveon-wisconsin-johnson-polling.pdf

January 10-12
583 likely voters
MoE: 4.1%

Trump favourability: 40 favourable/59 unfavourable/1 don't know (-19)
Biden favourability: 50/48/2 (+3)
Ron Johnson favourability: 35/48/17 (-13)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 06:38:30 PM »

Senator Unfavorable Opinion of Ron Johnson (D-WI) is inevitable!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 08:04:12 PM »

WI isn't Lean R
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 10:14:13 PM »

I don't want to be too reactionary following the polling errors of 2020, but I am comfortable saying that I will never trust any polling consensus regarding federal elections in Wisconsin again. Polls indicated in Wisconsin Presidential and Senate elections in 2016 that the races were Likely D at worst and 2020 President in Wisconsin was bordering on Safe D according to almost all polls.

Johnson could be down by an average of 10 points the night before Election Day in 2022 and I still wouldn't be confident at all regarding his defeat.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 09:32:40 AM »

I don't want to be too reactionary following the polling errors of 2020, but I am comfortable saying that I will never trust any polling consensus regarding federal elections in Wisconsin again. Polls indicated in Wisconsin Presidential and Senate elections in 2016 that the races were Likely D at worst and 2020 President in Wisconsin was bordering on Safe D according to almost all polls.

Johnson could be down by an average of 10 points the night before Election Day in 2022 and I still wouldn't be confident at all regarding his defeat.

Ron Johnson ran off Clinton email scandal in 2016 and Scott Walker was Gov, that's the difference
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 12:22:55 PM »

Marquette wasn't too far off in terms of margin, although they overestimated the Libertarians.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies