OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:01:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 75
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 94722 times)
Unelectable Bystander
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: January 26, 2022, 11:46:31 PM »

Vance is the future of the GOP. Economic populism and non-religious/non-preachy cultural conservatism. Vance is heavily underestimated.

Yep. That was the fundamental difference between Trump and Cruz too. That's what Mandel doesn't get.

I think sadly a lot of Trumpers think that his unique appeal is his loud mouth and standoffishness when in reality it’s his economic populist outsider message with a little bit of tells it how it is while trying to keep the traditional GOP coalition assembled
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #801 on: January 27, 2022, 07:11:23 AM »
« Edited: January 27, 2022, 07:16:02 AM by The Democratic Party Left Me »

Vance is the future of the GOP. Economic populism and non-religious/non-preachy cultural conservatism. Vance is heavily underestimated.

Yep. That was the fundamental difference between Trump and Cruz too. That's what Mandel doesn't get.

I think sadly a lot of Trumpers think that his unique appeal is his loud mouth and standoffishness when in reality it’s his economic populist outsider message with a little bit of tells it how it is while trying to keep the traditional GOP coalition assembled

Vance isn’t a populist, least of all on economic issues.  There’s a reason folks like Peter Thiel are bankrolling his campaign.  And he’s about as preachy as it gets when it comes to loud-mouthed, extreme social conservatism.  Plus, he has a habit of occasionally making gaffes that amount to borderline admissions that he regards anyone who votes for him as a dumb rube he’s managed to con through pandering.

I mean, Mandel isn’t much better given that he was a liberal Democrat right until he realized the line was shorter in Cuyahoga County politics for a Jewish Republican than a Jewish Democrat and flip-flopped on pretty much everything overnight (that’s one of several reasons no one in Ohio politics particularly likes him). 

If you’re a conservative or even just Trumpist Republican, your best bet is Timkin.  I think she’s awful and would be a terrible Senator, but at least you’d be getting what you voted for with her.  Mandel and Vance will sell you guys out in half second the moment it’s convenient.  Idk about Gibbons, but Moreno has also done quite a bit of flip-flopping iirc
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #802 on: January 27, 2022, 11:51:47 AM »

Yeah Mandel is going to crash. To whom is the question
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #803 on: January 27, 2022, 06:58:24 PM »

Progressive Democrat Morgan Harper is debating Josh Mandel right now
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #804 on: January 27, 2022, 07:17:27 PM »

Morgan who?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #805 on: January 28, 2022, 12:18:14 AM »

Oh hey I saw her in a tik tok
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #806 on: January 28, 2022, 03:59:29 AM »

Tim Ryan didn't even show up to debate Morgan Harper and he is running an underdog campaign anyways, this race is now Safe R, it's safe R anyways, but not showing up just made it worse
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #807 on: January 28, 2022, 07:45:59 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2022, 01:33:34 AM by TWTown »

Tim Ryan didn't even show up to debate Morgan Harper and he is running an underdog campaign anyways, this race is now Safe R, it's safe R anyways, but not showing up just made it worse

I-
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #808 on: January 28, 2022, 09:28:31 AM »

It's not an R or D Cycle as MT Treasurer believes Neutral Environment and we would win the same states in 2018, 2020 in 22, 2016 was technically a Neutral Environment Hillary won the PVI but lost the EC college it's been a 304/234 map for 3 straight cycles

Walker, Laura Kelly running and McMiullin whom are running in R states can win they were very close in 2016/2018
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #809 on: February 03, 2022, 08:08:13 PM »

Moreno OUT:
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #810 on: February 03, 2022, 08:17:22 PM »

Graham Allen dropping out of his South Carolina House race the other day meant that Trump had decided on Russell Fry to receive his endorsement, so this probably means that Trump has picked someone in the field. Hopefully not Vance; Timken or Mandel would be fine. Hard to imagine that it would be Gibbons or Dolan.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #811 on: February 03, 2022, 10:14:49 PM »

Graham Allen dropping out of his South Carolina House race the other day meant that Trump had decided on Russell Fry to receive his endorsement, so this probably means that Trump has picked someone in the field. Hopefully not Vance; Timken or Mandel would be fine. Hard to imagine that it would be Gibbons or Dolan.
I like Vance the best but I have a feeling it'll be Timken.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #812 on: February 03, 2022, 10:55:21 PM »

Wink
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #813 on: February 03, 2022, 11:17:21 PM »

?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #814 on: February 03, 2022, 11:36:12 PM »

I like Vance the best but I have a feeling it'll be Timken.

Why do you think that?
Rjjr77
« Reply #815 on: February 04, 2022, 12:36:56 AM »

Rumor in Ohio politics is a Timken endorsement is coming, Trump told Moreno and thats why he dropped
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #816 on: February 04, 2022, 02:19:37 AM »

If Trump doesn't endorse for a while, who do you think Moreno dropping out will benefit the most?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #817 on: February 04, 2022, 02:38:02 AM »

If Trump doesn't endorse for a while, who do you think Moreno dropping out will benefit the most?

Timken I’d say. She fits the ideological lane of mainstream conservatism with a Trumpist streak. Kind of where the likes of Ron Johnson or Rick Scott are on the spectrum.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #818 on: February 04, 2022, 01:27:45 PM »

Vance wrote a very preachy book and is religious. Your comment just isn't accurate
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #819 on: February 04, 2022, 10:57:25 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-fixated-on-ohio-senate-candidate-josh-mandels-sex-life
Rumors are Trump doesn't want Mandel to win the nomination, as he thinks he's weird, hates his personality and thinks he has no charisma.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #820 on: February 04, 2022, 11:04:44 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2022, 11:23:38 PM by Roll Roons »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-fixated-on-ohio-senate-candidate-josh-mandels-sex-life
Rumors are Trump doesn't want Mandel to win the nomination, as he thinks he's weird, hates his personality and thinks he has no charisma.

Josh Mandel is a 44-year old man who looks like he's in college and acts like he's in middle school. Is there any wonder that Trump's not impressed with him?

The crazy tweets work (well, worked) for Trump's brand but not really for anyone else.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #821 on: February 05, 2022, 12:34:55 AM »

This is ing pathetic, why is ohio of all places having the most online Twitter fueled senate campagin ?

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #822 on: February 05, 2022, 02:25:27 AM »

“He has talked about [Mandel] and sex in the same sentence more times than I would have liked to hear.”

This whole thing is f#cking weird.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #823 on: February 05, 2022, 03:15:12 AM »

Josh Mandel is a 44-year old man who looks like he's in college and acts like he's in middle school. Is there any wonder that Trump's not impressed with him?

The crazy tweets work (well, worked) for Trump's brand but not really for anyone else.

Mandel probably would still win if he were the nominee, but it would be closer than with other, potentially stronger candidates such as Timken and Gibbons. It's easy to understand now why Mandel lost to Sherrod Brown back in 2012, when Ohio was still a swing state at the presidential level.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #824 on: February 05, 2022, 08:10:21 AM »

This reminds me when rumors came out that Trump found Kimberly Guilfoyle annoying and was upset she was helping the wrong candidate in a primary. I don’t know about Mandel’s sex life but he’s absolutely right, he is a charisma-free weirdo who doesn’t look attractive.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies