OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:13:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 75
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 93997 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: September 03, 2021, 04:00:20 PM »
« edited: September 03, 2021, 04:08:09 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

Unfortunately,. For Ryan this race is Safe R after Biden is at 44%, like all the others wave insurance seats including NC and FL

Crist up 5347 and Fried yeah right

WI is the tipping pt and always have been as well as PA

But, if Covid is over in 2024/ Brown had a much stronger chance than Ryan

Nan Whaley is a disaster of a nominee for Gov and will lose in a landslide
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #626 on: September 03, 2021, 06:27:48 PM »

Sure Racism this open has gotta hurt him.

Nope, it's gonna help him. This is what Ohioans want.

Exactly. And especially since Republicans are so inconsistent. They'll wag their finger at Biden for the Taliban taking over and what they'll do to the poor women and children of Afghanistan, but them getting refuge here is not our responsibility! Simultaneously, they'll foam at the mouth over efforts to keep children safe from the coronavirus at schools and at women having reproductive rights. Their core motivator is spite above all else.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #627 on: September 03, 2021, 11:12:20 PM »

<tweet snip>
People are correct, open racism probably only helps him in a Ohio Republican primary. At least he got ratioed and lol:
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #628 on: September 03, 2021, 11:13:11 PM »

People are correct, open racism probably only helps him in a Republican primary in Ohio. At least he got ratioed and lol: https://twitter.com/CleverTitleTK/status/1433838194215297127?s=20
That's among the worst ratios I have ever seen. 10-to-1. Ouch.
Rjjr77
« Reply #629 on: September 04, 2021, 12:38:59 AM »

People are correct, open racism probably only helps him in a Republican primary in Ohio. At least he got ratioed and lol: https://twitter.com/CleverTitleTK/status/1433838194215297127?s=20
That's among the worst ratios I have ever seen. 10-to-1. Ouch.

No primary voter in Ohio cares about a ratio'd tweet.

Whenever Mandel does a controversial tweet, hes playing to his ceiling, hes got a capped out 38-40% of the GOP primary vote, but he cant raise money, so hes getting free advertising every time he does this and people on the left get upset. Its not what he says, but the reaction of everyone outside his audience. Its a smart, guerrilla strategy 
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #630 on: September 04, 2021, 07:45:43 AM »

Being Jewish, seeing a Jewish politician repeatedly say some version of the 14 words to try to fit in with white nationalists and become their leader makes me want to vomit.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #631 on: September 04, 2021, 02:44:15 PM »

Being Jewish, seeing a Jewish politician repeatedly say some version of the 14 words to try to fit in with white nationalists and become their leader makes me want to vomit.

Mandel’s Jewish? Never knew
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #632 on: September 04, 2021, 02:55:20 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2021, 02:59:41 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

The hype over Beasley, From no, Demings and Ryan was way overblown, D's were only gonna win these seats had Ds got 1700 checks and shots in arms and Covid Eradicated

Crist losing to DeSantis verifies that the 304 blue wall is alive and well not 413 or 375 map due to fact Biden won the 304 blue wall but lost FL lost FL by three

DeSantis was never gonna lose with Rubio, but he did almost lose with Scott

We can all stop dreaming of a massive wave, it's not happening

Crist up 53/37 on DeSantis is laughable now with that poll
Telesquare
Gyroburrito
Rookie
United States

« Reply #633 on: September 04, 2021, 03:34:40 PM »

He uses the phrase "Judeo-Christian" a lot. Just like Dennis Prager and Ben Shapiro.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #634 on: September 04, 2021, 08:39:46 PM »

He uses the phrase "Judeo-Christian" a lot. Just like Dennis Prager and Ben Shapiro.

A lot of non-Jews use that term to clarify that they are not overtly railing against the Muslims and the Jews.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #635 on: September 06, 2021, 08:45:50 PM »

Seems like he's been doing that part of his job well.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #636 on: September 06, 2021, 09:03:27 PM »

Yes, Mandel is Jewish. Mandel and Zeldin are Jewish rightwingers....they have to appeal to the base...
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #637 on: September 06, 2021, 09:30:33 PM »

I'm Jewish but Mandel would NOT have my vote if I lived in OH. Of course neither would Timken or Vance.

I support Tim Ryan and might even donate to him at some point.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #638 on: September 20, 2021, 12:22:14 PM »

Oh Josh.....
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #639 on: September 20, 2021, 12:25:21 PM »

Oh Josh.....

Dumb nonsense like this deserves mockery for all it is worth, even if it's likely quite effective.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #640 on: September 20, 2021, 12:27:27 PM »

This can be Ds Pickup opportunity can make up for a loss in GA should Warnock loses in a Runoff, Tim Ryan shouldn't be underestimated

But Demings and Beasley chances look bleak, Rubio and DeSantis got a bump from Surfside and Beasley said she endorsed Filibuster

If Jeff Jackson wins the nomination, it's a different story in NC
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #641 on: September 20, 2021, 01:23:36 PM »

I just find it hilarious that Mandel spews TPUSA style cringe all day everyday, yet TPUSA endorsed JD Vance (which is a rare based moment from them).

On the other hand, you got Wendy Rogers, who supports auditing Oklahoma, endorsing Mandel (I guess because she thinks Vance is a "RINO" for voting for McMullin instead of Trump in 2016).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #642 on: September 20, 2021, 05:03:07 PM »

State Senator Matt Dolan is in.

There’s something new in Ohio’s Republican Senate primary: A candidate who’s not styling himself as an unshakeable ally of former President Donald Trump.

State Sen. Matt Dolan formally launched his campaign Monday, following a summer of exploratory activities that included a listening tour across the state.

“After meeting with Republicans, conservative activists and community leaders across Ohio in recent weeks, it’s clear that the focus of the race for U.S. Senate has yet to be about our people, our interests, and our beloved state,” Dolan said in a statement emailed by his campaign. “This changes today with the announcement of my candidacy for U.S. Senate.”

Dolan, a longtime state legislator whose family owns the Cleveland Indians, has at least one thing in common with his rivals: the potential to self-fund his campaign. But he enters the race as a relative moderate. Even though his announcement video, statement and home page for his website boast of his conservative credentials, Trump’s name or image is nowhere to be found. And the lead-up to Monday’s announcement included several overt efforts to distinguish Dolan from the other candidates.

Last May, a Dolan aide sniped at Mandel for appearing at a local GOP event headlined by Rep. Matt Gaetz. On the recent listening tour, Dolan emphasized his support for the Senate’s bipartisan, $1 trillion infrastructure bill — legislation that Trump and Dolan’s rivals say they oppose. The posture fits the pragmatic profile that Dolan hopes to project.

“What if Ohio’s next senator didn’t just talk big and loud but had a real record of conservative success?” a narrator asks in the opening of Dolan’s launch video.

Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute looks to boost young Latino leadership
Dolan, 56, is a familiar name in Greater Cleveland, both through his family’s ownership of Cleveland’s Major League Baseball franchise and his public service. The team, responding to complaints of racial insensitivity, will change its name to the Guardians next season.

“Few understand the threat of cancel culture more than me,” Dolan notes in the issues section of his website. Rights afforded by the Constitution, like freedom of speech and the right to due process, are under attack in our classrooms, town squares and sports stadiums. Liberals are weaponizing mob justice and cancel campaigns to silence and censor people and businesses — large and small.”

If it weren't for the fact Dolan doesn't appear to running as an open Trump loyalist like the others, I'd be inclined to say that he'd be one of the frontrunners in the Republican Primary.

His family owns the Guardians (the Major League Baseball team in Cleveland),and I'm pretty sure he has the money to self-fund in both the primary and the general election.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #643 on: September 20, 2021, 05:54:16 PM »

I just find it hilarious that Mandel spews TPUSA style cringe all day everyday, yet TPUSA endorsed JD Vance (which is a rare based moment from them).

On the other hand, you got Wendy Rogers, who supports auditing Oklahoma, endorsing Mandel (I guess because she thinks Vance is a "RINO" for voting for McMullin instead of Trump in 2016).

"Fighters?"
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #644 on: September 22, 2021, 01:26:53 PM »

Trump 2016 got more votes than Biden 2020.

Democrats have absolutely zero shot here, which sucks since Tim Ryan is great. Josh Mandel is going to be an awful Senator.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #645 on: September 22, 2021, 01:33:34 PM »

Democrats have absolutely zero shot here, which sucks since Tim Ryan is great. Josh Mandel is going to be an awful Senator.

I'm personally rooting for Dolan to win the primary, he seems like he'd be a Portman-style candidate, which is just about the best, we, as Democrats, can hope for in Ohio, nowadays.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #646 on: September 22, 2021, 01:37:14 PM »

She's still relevant? I thought she was done after her 2018 loss to O'Halleran.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #647 on: September 22, 2021, 01:42:15 PM »

What, Sherrod Brown flipped the state in 2018/ against Renacci after Trump won in 2016/ Tim Ryan is tied in a poll

I will continue to donate and when I get my user Predictions I will put OH in the D column as well as NC and FL

If Beshear won in R KY and Laura Kelly won in0R KS we have a shot in zoH when Brown after Trump won OH won the state in 2016

That's your Prediction, not mine
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #648 on: September 22, 2021, 01:47:32 PM »

What, Sherrod Brown flipped the state in 2018/ against Renacci after Trump won in 2016/ Tim Ryan is tied in a poll

Of course, he won by a much narrower margin than expected and the national GOP triaged the race

I will continue to donate and when I get my user Predictions I will put OH in the D column as well as NC and FL

You're not a clown, you're the entire circus

If Beshear won in R KY and Laura Kelly won in0R KS we have a shot in zoH when Brown after Trump won OH won the state in 2016

Gubernatorial race =/= federal and both of those faced flawed opponents in years where turnout benefitted them

That's your Prediction, not mine

Good story
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #649 on: September 22, 2021, 04:33:33 PM »

Josh Mandel at it again with the boomer TPUSA talking points

It tells you that Josh Mandel is an idiot

It tells you the best reason Mandel can come up with for supporting his party is the letters in its name.

a.) He's an idiot for whom basic logic and reasoning is challenging
b.) There are literally no other reasons to support his party except for the one he gave
c.) Both of the above

I think the answer's probably C.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies