OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:17:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 75
Author Topic: OH-Sen 2022: So you’re telling me there’s a chance  (Read 94866 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: May 11, 2021, 10:32:32 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #501 on: May 12, 2021, 06:05:23 AM »

Ryan will win he is very popular with Afro Americans and the state will split it's votes between DeWine and Ryan just like it did in 2018
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #502 on: May 12, 2021, 11:17:12 AM »

Good, Vance is one of the few people genuinely capable of blowing the GE if Tim Ryan runs a strong campaign and 2022 isn't a Republican wave election.  Doesn't mean he will, but it's at least possible.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #503 on: May 12, 2021, 11:18:45 AM »

lol
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #504 on: May 12, 2021, 11:42:35 AM »

Atlas needs to see polls of Ohio, like the ones where Biden was beating Trump in this state which had a 7 point error from its polling average.

And let me guess, this is all because of "good candidate" Tim Ryan and "bad candidate" JD Vance or Josh Mandel?
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #505 on: May 12, 2021, 11:44:59 AM »

Atlas needs to see polls of Ohio, like the ones where Biden was beating Trump in this state which had a 7 point error from its polling average.

And let me guess, this is all because of "good candidate" Tim Ryan and "bad candidate" JD Vance or Josh Mandel?

Title is just a parody of an olawakandi post. Not everything fits your "every Dem on this forum is a crazy hack!" narrative
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #506 on: May 12, 2021, 02:43:19 PM »

Title is just a parody of an olawakandi post. Not everything fits your "every Dem on this forum is a crazy hack!" narrative

Ryan was leading in a poll excuse me, I am not a hack every D pollster got 2020 wrong including Xing where he put FL and NC on his map, WRONG

That was hackish
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #507 on: May 21, 2021, 09:31:46 PM »

https://youtu.be/uaeUfgLXYbY

Tim Ryan’s first viral campaign moment. This speech will be played again and again, as it should.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #508 on: May 22, 2021, 12:24:55 PM »

Dolan currently serves as a State Senator in the Cleveland suburbs, having won re-election by 9% as Biden carried his district by 6%. Dolan’s well-positioned to be the only moderate in a crowded race full of MAGA chuds. While that probably isn’t enough to pull off a win, it helps that his family are literal billionaires. He has a capacity to self-fund that neither Timken nor even Vance has.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #509 on: May 22, 2021, 04:34:40 PM »

This seat is winnable now since DeWine is gonna lose in the primary I know it's a tough state but we need this seat to get to 53 to ensure DC Statehood, I don't trust Tested, Sinema or Manchin when it comes to Filibuster reform again in next session of Congress

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #510 on: May 22, 2021, 04:42:29 PM »

Dolan currently serves as a State Senator in the Cleveland suburbs, having won re-election by 9% as Biden carried his district by 6%. Dolan’s well-positioned to be the only moderate in a crowded race full of MAGA chuds. While that probably isn’t enough to pull off a win, it helps that his family are literal billionaires. He has a capacity to self-fund that neither Timken nor even Vance has.

Mandel, Timkin, and Vance is a pretty divided Trumpist field.  I’d say if at least one of Davidson, Johnson, or maybe even Mike Turner (for geographic politics reasons, especially if he runs a Trumpy campaign) jumps in too and Joyce stays out then he has a very real shot.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #511 on: May 22, 2021, 04:47:02 PM »

Mandel, Timkin, and Vance is a pretty divided Trumpist field.  I’d say if at least one of Davidson, Johnson, or maybe even Mike Turner (for geographic politics reasons, especially if he runs a Trumpy campaign) jumps in too and Joyce stays out then he has a very real shot.

Mike Turner has a pretty moderate reputation, so I think he'd actually take that lane, agreed on the other two.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #512 on: May 22, 2021, 04:49:36 PM »

Mike Turner has a pretty moderate reputation, so I think he'd actually take that lane, agreed on the other two.

Yeah, but his base (especially once you get outside of Dayton proper and it’s immediate suburbs) is the sort of area where Dolan would get killed.  Turner being a regional favorite son who goes nowhere in the rest of the state could easily be a net positive for Dolan.  That said, Davidson or Johnson jumping in would obviously be better than Turner for Dolan.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #513 on: May 22, 2021, 09:45:21 PM »

Yeah, but his base (especially once you get outside of Dayton proper and it’s immediate suburbs) is the sort of area where Dolan would get killed.  Turner being a regional favorite son who goes nowhere in the rest of the state could easily be a net positive for Dolan.  That said, Davidson or Johnson jumping in would obviously be better than Turner for Dolan.

Of the three, I would think Johnson is the most likely to jump in.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #514 on: May 22, 2021, 10:18:27 PM »

Dolan is also a Cleveland Indians executive...shows that money talks....Dolan may be McConnell's favorite candidate since he is corporate......
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: May 23, 2021, 05:41:23 AM »

Dolan is also a Cleveland Indians executive...shows that money talks....Dolan may be McConnell's favorite candidate since he is corporate......

Maybe. Dolan also introduced Governor DeWine’s gun-control package after the Dayton shooting in August of 2019. It was a policy proposal that made no one happy. Conservatives hated it because it didn’t maintain the status quo, and liberals hated it because it was incredibly weak. It’ll be a problem for Dolan.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #516 on: May 26, 2021, 07:26:03 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2021, 07:36:00 AM by THE BuckeyeNut »

Appalachian Congressman Bill Johnson will not be running for Senate next year. I’d wager the Republican field is probably set at this point.

Edit: Assuming Vance and/or Dolan make it official.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #517 on: May 26, 2021, 07:39:51 PM »

Appalachian Congressman Bill Johnson will not be running for Senate next year. I’d wager the Republican field is probably set at this point.

You don’t think Turner might jump in?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #518 on: May 26, 2021, 07:56:23 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2021, 08:01:24 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Tim Ryan has to be the Favorite here even if Renacci wins the Gov Race, this will give D's 53 seats enough to break Filibuster, this is a must win for us

OH did split its votes in 2018, in a D 9 Election and we are ahead by 9 on Generic ballot, for Brown and Moderate DeWine

In addition OH hasn't Elected a female SEN or GOV and Sutton ran for Lt Gov and lost Whaley won't win

PA hasn't Elected a female SEN or GOV either and Hillary did exceptionally poorly in both states and that's why Strickland lost by 20 instead of 10 pts

I take PPP at it's word showing Ryan competetive
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #519 on: May 26, 2021, 08:01:26 PM »

Tim Ryan has to be the Favorite here even if Renacci wins the Gov Race, this will give D's 53 seats enough to beak Filibuster, this is a must win for us

OH did split its votes in 2018, in a D 9 Election and we are ahead by 9 on Generic ballot, for Brown and Moderate DeWine

In addition OH hasn't Elected a female SEN or GOV and Sutton ran for Lt Gov and lost Whaley won't win

PA hasn't Elected a female SEN or GOV either and Hillary did exceptionally poorly in both states and that's why Strickland lost by 20 instead of 10 pts

I take PPP at it's word showing Ryan competetive

Tim Ryan has no chance, it's Safe R
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #520 on: May 26, 2021, 08:03:14 PM »

Sure S109 nothing you say will change my thinking when I get my Prediction map 60% Ryan, and 60% Renacci
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #521 on: May 26, 2021, 08:09:16 PM »

Alot of polls are fundraising and it's a 303 EC map but D's need to Expand the map to win the H, WI, PA, GA and NH don't have alot of competetive House races to secure the H, and we don't have polls we can assume anything until we get polls from NC, IA, OH and FL right
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: May 26, 2021, 09:51:35 PM »

You don’t think Turner might jump in?

I'm doubtful. Although that said, Turner might have a lane.

Dolan, Gibbons, Mandel, Moreno, and Timken are all NEOH candidates, while Vance doesn't have a geographic base. Republicans might be ascendant in the northeast, which has long been Ohio Democrats' base, but there are still more primary votes outside of it than within.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #523 on: May 26, 2021, 09:55:12 PM »

When are we gonna see a poll from OH, IA and NC SEN they are teasing us without polls

We only had one poll and it showed Amy Action leading narrowly
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #524 on: June 18, 2021, 03:28:15 PM »

Yikes....
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length