beasley vs. demint, sc runoff (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:42:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  beasley vs. demint, sc runoff (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: beasley vs. demint, sc runoff  (Read 10852 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 19, 2004, 12:48:31 AM »

Which candidate is more moderate?
Except for trade, the two are indistinguishable on the issues, but Beasley spent more time courting the social conservatives than DeMint did while DeMint spent more time courting the fiscal conservatives than Beasley did.  DeMint would be the stronger candidate, but the runoff is a tossup right now, but as The State said of the debate on WIS-TV on Tuesday, the winner of the debate was Tannenbaum.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 01:37:53 PM »

It amazes me that people think Inez is a good candidate. Do any of you know who she beat to become whatever low-level official she is? A guy with a serious speech impediment. The GOP didn't care enough about the post to run someone stronger... and she still didn't run away with it.

For whatever reason, SC voters still trust Democrats more than Republicans when it comes to education which is why the Superintendent of Education race is the easiest statewide race for a Dem to win in this state.  It would take a weak Dem candidate and a strong GOP candidate to win the post and Inez is not a weak candidate.  The senate seat is still a probable GOP pickup but with a strong Senate race, Bush will not be doing as well in SC as he did in 2000.  Not only that, but Bush may need to spend time and money here to help Beasley/DeMint beat Inez.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 12:00:39 PM »

Hey, this Beasely/DeMint runoff is tomorrow. Anyone with predictions? I think DeMint will win it, not by much but he'll win. I'll say....Demint 53%   Beasely - 47%
The only poll I've seen is a week old and had Demint 48% Beasley 47%, but the weather could play a large factor just as it did in the primary.  The forecast is for scattered showers just as it was two week ago.  Had the weather in the upstate and the low country been reversed for the primary, the runoff would have been between Beasley and Ravenel instead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies