AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:54:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in  (Read 7621 times)
Kevinstat

« on: January 28, 2021, 03:09:23 PM »
« edited: January 30, 2021, 12:56:37 AM by Kevinstat »

For some reason, several states, both red and blue, like to elect children of governors to the position as well. Andy Beshear, Andrew Cuomo, Jerry Brown, Mitt Romney,...

Maybe a child of another former Arkansas Governor can run here instead of NY-17. /s

I think you might have the wrong district.  NY-17 just elected a new Democratic incumbent last year, and I assume he'll run again.  I also assume it's a majority-minority district (both the previous incumbent and the current one are black).  I assume Chelsea Clinton would run in a (non-Hispanic) white-majority (but still Democratic) district (and with Judiasm in her husband's family at least (I'm not sure what her or her husband's religion is) the "mainline" Jewish districts wouldn't seem off the table) rather than ruffling feathers by running for a seat that many Democrats would feel belongs to another group.
Kevinstat

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 05:08:30 PM »

For some reason, several states, both red and blue, like to elect children of governors to the position as well. Andy Beshear, Andrew Cuomo, Jerry Brown, Mitt Romney,...

Maybe a child of another former Arkansas Governor can run here instead of NY-17. /s

I think you might have the wrong district.  NY-17 just elected a new Democratic incumbent last year, and I assume he'll run again.  I also assume it's a majority-minority district (both the previous incumbent and the current one are black).  I assume Chelsea Clinton would run in a (non-Hispanic) white-majority (but still Democratic) district (and with Judiasm in her husband's family at least (I'm not sure what her or her husband's religion is) the "mainline" Jewish districts wouldn't seem off the table) rather than ruffling feathers by running for a seat that many Democrats would feel belongs to another group.

New York 17th is almost 60% non-Hispanic white.
Oh, okay, thanks.  I don't know why I thought Nita Lowey was black.  The current member is.  It would be odd for Mondaire Jones not to run again after just one term.  Anyway, enough of my hijacking this thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies