AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:38:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in  (Read 7638 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: January 25, 2021, 01:12:03 PM »

Yeah she’s a shoe in, sadly. I just hope Asa Hutchinson runs for senate and soon. He’s too good for Arkansas but would make a damn good federal representative from Arkansas

He already did that in 1986.

Hutchinson lost to the late Dale Bumpers, when Arkansas was still a largely Democratic state downballot. Interestingly enough, he is one of two currently serving Republican Governors in the South who previously ran for the U.S. Senate and lost in 1986. The other one is South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster, who was defeated by that state's last Democratic Senator to date, the late Fritz Hollings.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 03:02:45 AM »

Democrats should run Hillary Clinton here.

I mean? Why not? It’s a warm body needed type of race
Because having a former presidential nominee get destroyed by 30 points in a statewide race would be a humiliation for the party.
She has ancestral strength in rural Arkansas, it was one of the biggest surprises of the 2020 election. Anyway it would be a good way to redemme herself after loosing to trump.

I think Hillary Clinton is done with political office. Her lifelong ambition was to become the first female President, a goal which she failed to achieve. She is probably content with settling into retirement at this point, although she'll obviously continue to remain active in Democratic politics from behind the scenes.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 10:09:54 AM »

Democrats should run Hillary Clinton here.

I mean? Why not? It’s a warm body needed type of race
Because having a former presidential nominee get destroyed by 30 points in a statewide race would be a humiliation for the party.

We can agree it's not a good look:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_United_States_Senate_election_in_South_Dakota

It's astonishing, and somewhat perplexing, that McGovern got destroyed in his home state in 1980 but lost it by a respectable margin in 1972 and made it more Democratic than the national average that year. He must have lost much of his previous appeal during that interim period, and got swept away by the Republican Revolution.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies