AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:01:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in  (Read 7583 times)
Kevinstat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2021, 05:08:30 PM »

For some reason, several states, both red and blue, like to elect children of governors to the position as well. Andy Beshear, Andrew Cuomo, Jerry Brown, Mitt Romney,...

Maybe a child of another former Arkansas Governor can run here instead of NY-17. /s

I think you might have the wrong district.  NY-17 just elected a new Democratic incumbent last year, and I assume he'll run again.  I also assume it's a majority-minority district (both the previous incumbent and the current one are black).  I assume Chelsea Clinton would run in a (non-Hispanic) white-majority (but still Democratic) district (and with Judiasm in her husband's family at least (I'm not sure what her or her husband's religion is) the "mainline" Jewish districts wouldn't seem off the table) rather than ruffling feathers by running for a seat that many Democrats would feel belongs to another group.

New York 17th is almost 60% non-Hispanic white.
Oh, okay, thanks.  I don't know why I thought Nita Lowey was black.  The current member is.  It would be odd for Mondaire Jones not to run again after just one term.  Anyway, enough of my hijacking this thread.
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2021, 12:08:53 AM »

Why not just burn the entire state to the ground? That would be less damaging than a liar with no political experience running it. Being press secretary is not experience to be Governor.

Agreed. Why not? Yes, Sarah was a unrepentant liar and national disgrace, but she will be the governor of AR. And AR deserves an equal number of Senate seats as CA and NY, why? It's just not an honor or responsibility the people of AR are worthy of. As the historical record demonstrates, emphatically.
JMT

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2021, 08:58:38 AM »

Tim Griffin drops out of the race for Governor, and is now running for Attorney General.

Smart move on his part, he wasn’t going to defeat Huckabee Sanders.
mikhaela
Rookie

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2021, 09:10:12 AM »

I still think Leslie Rutledge will win.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2021, 01:23:35 PM »

Tim Griffin drops out of the race for Governor, and is now running for Attorney General.

I can see John Boozman changing his mind and retiring and Griffin running for the Senate seat instead...
JMT

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2021, 02:32:48 PM »

I can see John Boozman changing his mind and retiring and Griffin running for the Senate seat instead...

If Boozman were to retire, I actually don’t think Griffin would run for Senate. Griffin previously served in Congress, and left to run for Lieutenant Governor in 2014. It seems like Griffin doesn’t have an interest in being in Washington.

However, I could see Leslie Rutledge running for Senate instead of Governor, because she wouldn’t have to run against Sarah Huckabee Sanders in that case.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2021, 12:14:18 PM »

At least Rutledge will lose Smiley
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2021, 12:54:38 PM »

Notably, during the 2014 AETN Televised Debate, Leslie Rutledge compared smart phones to "the devil".
Yikes
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2021, 07:55:33 PM »

For some reason, several states, both red and blue, like to elect children of governors to the position as well. Andy Beshear, Andrew Cuomo, Jerry Brown, Mitt Romney,...

Andy Beshear had been AG. Andrew Cuomo had been AG and HUD Secretary. Jerry Brown had been CA SoS. Mitt Romney had been an accomplished businessman and oversaw the 2002 Olympics.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders has no accomplishments to her name besides peddling lies for Donald Trump.
Captain_Tom
Rookie
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2021, 07:31:57 PM »

Honestly this is very scary. It would be a horrible fate for the people of Arkansas for her to become Governor. Honestly, if I lived in Arkansas, I would definitely be voting in the Republican primary in 2022 to help stop her.
Yes!  Huckabee-Sanders 2022!
User2836
legitinsanelunatic22
Rookie
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2021, 06:34:05 AM »

Leslie Rutledge for governor
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2021, 06:57:18 AM »

I hate to say this, but if Arkansas voters elect Sarah Huckabee Sanders as Governor, then they deserve her as Governor.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2021, 01:44:02 AM »

"Comical Sally".
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2021, 11:22:18 AM »

I hate to say this, but if Arkansas voters elect Sarah Huckabee Sanders as Governor, then they deserve her as Governor.

This is such an elitist mindset that has to be stamped out of liberal / leftist circles. Nobody "deserves" horrible representation. Even if Huckabee Sanders wins in a landslide, there will be ~30-35% of Arkansas voters who voted against her (not to mention all the people who didn't vote, weren't eligible to vote, etc). Arkansas is ~15% black - do they "deserve" a Governor who was the literal mouthpiece of a white supremacist administration for two years, just because white voters who happen to live in the same state voted a certain way?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2021, 11:26:23 AM »

Even worse than Sarah Huckabee Sanders would be Asa Hutchinson's Tea Party primary challenger Jan Morgan.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2021, 09:27:49 AM »

This is such an elitist mindset that has to be stamped out of liberal / leftist circles. Nobody "deserves" horrible representation. Even if Huckabee Sanders wins in a landslide, there will be ~30-35% of Arkansas voters who voted against her (not to mention all the people who didn't vote, weren't eligible to vote, etc). Arkansas is ~15% black - do they "deserve" a Governor who was the literal mouthpiece of a white supremacist administration for two years, just because white voters who happen to live in the same state voted a certain way?

Pretty much this.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2021, 08:00:53 PM »

Quality Canidate or Grifter ?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2021, 08:11:05 PM »

Could be both. If just one, likelier the former, but time will tell.
TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2021, 09:33:11 PM »

This comes off like the DNC trying to pull off a real life Irresistible (2020, Steve Carrell)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2021, 10:11:45 PM »

I predict a lot of Dem Grassroots money will now be lit on fire for no gain.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2021, 10:25:49 PM »

Christ people. This site uses the word “grifter” WAY too liberally. On the one hand, everyone complains when Democrats don’t run a “50 state strategy” and compete for every seat. On the other, when candidates actually run serious if longshot campaigns in difficult terrain, they are instantly branded “grifters.” It’s f—king asinine. Just because a race is hard or unlikely to win does not mean it’s not worth trying, let alone that anyone who does is running some kind of bizarre scam. Plus there’s always that outside shot that a perfect storm puts a candidate over the line in otherwise implausible circumstances; how many called Doug Jones a “grifter” before he won?

If this all goes back to Amy McGrath, I agree she was a bad candidate who had no chance of winning, but even in her case I think “grifter” is probably too strong a term. Besides, she was recruited by Schumer and the DSCC; blame them for not understanding the state and pursuing her instead of Rocky Adkins or even Matt Jones. And yeah even they would have probably lost (although Adkins at least would have had a legitimate shot), but does that mean the Democrats just shouldn’t even try to take out the unpopular opposition leader even if it’s an uphill battle? The whole line of thinking makes no sense to me.

And even if you think people waste money donating to these candidates, it doesn’t make sense to be resentful of them unless you assume that money would have otherwise been spent on lower profile races where Democrats have better odds. A dubious assumption at best. The more likely alternative is that most people just wouldn’t donate at all if their attentions weren’t drawn to these higher profile candidates/races. They’re not “stealing” momey from anyone, that whole notion is based on a fallacy.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2021, 10:32:44 PM »

Thank you for saying this. It may be an imperfect analogy, but I always say that I find it weird that certain liberals are so hellbent on fighting for the rights of tiny minority groups like trans people who make up a fraction of a perfect of the population, yet red state Democrats? Well, we can get f—ked with the rest of our states as far as they are concerned, even though there are orders of magnitude more of us than there are those smaller populations.

We’re talking hundreds of thousands to millions of people depending on the size of the state. Many of whom, as you point out, ARE members of those ethnic and other minorities that liberals champion so much. It’s wrong and makes no sense to group us all in with the majority of our state that votes against us. It’s the exact same kind of overgeneralizing and stereotyping that liberals claim to hate so much, but for some reason it’s acceptable to just gloss over or handwave away the existence of quite large groups of people, those that AGREE with them at that? If anything this is the kind of smug elitist attitude that will just drive more and more people away; it sure as hell won’t do anything to reverse Democrats’ fortunes in these states.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2021, 05:31:46 AM »

Yeah, this forum throws around 'grifters' way too much. Dems and Reps should be running candidates in all 50 states, b/c you never know what can happen.

Honestly, he seems to be playing the Warnock playbook with the very religious thing, which in a state like Arkansas, is clearly a card worth playing.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2021, 02:45:31 PM »

Safe R
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States