AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:28:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: AR-GOV 2022: Insane Lunatic in  (Read 7524 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2021, 09:46:17 PM »

The announcement video, if anybody's interested:

She's good, real good.  I have to give it to her.  Now we shall see if she can campaign as well as she does her ads. 
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2021, 10:09:03 PM »

If the Dems are srs about not wanting to her to be elected I think they have to pull something similar to Mississippi 2014 and get dems to switch registration and vote for her primary opponent
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2021, 10:23:04 PM »

Yeah she’s a shoe in, sadly. I just hope Asa Hutchinson runs for senate and soon. He’s too good for Arkansas but would make a damn good federal representative from Arkansas

He already did that in 1986.

Hutchinson lost to the late Dale Bumpers, when Arkansas was still a largely Democratic state downballot. Interestingly enough, he is one of two currently serving Republican Governors in the South who previously ran for the U.S. Senate and lost in 1986. The other one is South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster, who was defeated by that state's last Democratic Senator to date, the late Fritz Hollings.

McMaster is the definition of failing upwards
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2021, 08:45:35 PM »

Trump endorses Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2021, 10:29:17 PM »

Trump endorses Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

May or may not make her the automatic frontrunner.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2021, 12:51:18 AM »

Anyone notice that the Make America Great Again slogan has now changed to Save America

Damn we really ruined it in the last week.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2021, 12:54:37 AM »

How many normal people would watch an ad that long?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2021, 01:21:04 AM »

How many normal people would watch an ad that long?

Modern day announcement videos are generally made for youtube/social media uploads by the candidate, with length to match; not advertising slots. While a touch long, it's not that far out of the ordinary.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2021, 04:39:53 PM »

Yeah she’s a shoe in, sadly. I just hope Asa Hutchinson runs for senate and soon. He’s too good for Arkansas but would make a damn good federal representative from Arkansas.
Yeah, this is hers if she wants it. I actually think her father is not bad for an Evangelical Republican, and comes across as a genuinely nice person, but sadly she is far, far worse than him.
The Huckabee family are RINOs with literal Rockefeller support. The Hutchinson family has traditionally been the more conservative branch of the Arkansas GOP, and this may be the election that switches it around. As is typical with political family rivalries on a state level, though, policy differences are secondary to the personal rivalry.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2021, 08:56:29 PM »

She's good, real good.  I have to give it to her.  Now we shall see if she can campaign as well as she does her ads. 

Don’t give it to her too hard. She has a gubernatorial campaign to run and the controversy that could entail might be too much.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2021, 07:55:53 AM »

Democrats should run Hillary Clinton here.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2021, 09:54:45 AM »

Sarah is VERY STRONG at the now 100% SECURE border (Thank you President T) to stop illegals and the China virus, supports EXTREME VETTING (which is very good for the U.S.A.), totally takes care of our GREAT vets, protects your 2A and has my complete and total endorsement!

Looks like I called Mr. Trump's "complete and total endorsement" ahead of time:

Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2021, 02:07:14 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2021, 06:16:31 PM by Tucker/DeSantis 2024 »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No.
Kevinstat

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2021, 03:09:23 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2021, 12:56:37 AM by Kevinstat »

For some reason, several states, both red and blue, like to elect children of governors to the position as well. Andy Beshear, Andrew Cuomo, Jerry Brown, Mitt Romney,...

Maybe a child of another former Arkansas Governor can run here instead of NY-17. /s

I think you might have the wrong district.  NY-17 just elected a new Democratic incumbent last year, and I assume he'll run again.  I also assume it's a majority-minority district (both the previous incumbent and the current one are black).  I assume Chelsea Clinton would run in a (non-Hispanic) white-majority (but still Democratic) district (and with Judiasm in her husband's family at least (I'm not sure what her or her husband's religion is) the "mainline" Jewish districts wouldn't seem off the table) rather than ruffling feathers by running for a seat that many Democrats would feel belongs to another group.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2021, 01:03:50 AM »

I mean? Why not? It’s a warm body needed type of race
LtNOWIS

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2021, 02:43:11 AM »

Because having a former presidential nominee get destroyed by 30 points in a statewide race would be a humiliation for the party.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2021, 02:48:43 AM »

Because having a former presidential nominee get destroyed by 30 points in a statewide race would be a humiliation for the party.
She has ancestral strength in rural Arkansas, it was one of the biggest surprises of the 2020 election. Anyway it would be a good way to redemme herself after loosing to trump.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2021, 03:02:45 AM »

She has ancestral strength in rural Arkansas, it was one of the biggest surprises of the 2020 election. Anyway it would be a good way to redemme herself after loosing to trump.

I think Hillary Clinton is done with political office. Her lifelong ambition was to become the first female President, a goal which she failed to achieve. She is probably content with settling into retirement at this point, although she'll obviously continue to remain active in Democratic politics from behind the scenes.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2021, 08:51:22 PM »

She lives in New York...
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2021, 09:15:20 PM »

I don't think it would be. If she breaks 35 points she'd be over performing. The expectations would be so low she just needs to trip over them.

But in reality it'll likely be some local politician wanting to retire with a bang or some random warm body wanting their ten minutes of fame
ctrepublican512

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2021, 11:07:03 PM »

She will unfortunately be Governor
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2021, 04:09:27 AM »

For some reason, several states, both red and blue, like to elect children of governors to the position as well. Andy Beshear, Andrew Cuomo, Jerry Brown, Mitt Romney,...

Maybe a child of another former Arkansas Governor can run here instead of NY-17. /s

I think you might have the wrong district.  NY-17 just elected a new Democratic incumbent last year, and I assume he'll run again.  I also assume it's a majority-minority district (both the previous incumbent and the current one are black).  I assume Chelsea Clinton would run in a (non-Hispanic) white-majority (but still Democratic) district (and with Judiasm in her husband's family at least (I'm not sure what her or her husband's religion is) the "mainline" Jewish districts wouldn't seem off the table) rather than ruffling feathers by running for a seat that many Democrats would feel belongs to another group.

New York 17th is almost 60% non-Hispanic white.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2021, 04:14:07 AM »

Shouldn't be surprising. It's free name rec in a situation where being known to the voters can be a decisive advantage.
Epaminondas

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2021, 04:30:44 AM »

We can agree it's not a good look:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_United_States_Senate_election_in_South_Dakota
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2021, 10:09:54 AM »

We can agree it's not a good look:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_United_States_Senate_election_in_South_Dakota

It's astonishing, and somewhat perplexing, that McGovern got destroyed in his home state in 1980 but lost it by a respectable margin in 1972 and made it more Democratic than the national average that year. He must have lost much of his previous appeal during that interim period, and got swept away by the Republican Revolution.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies