Top 10 worst leaders of 1st world countries in the 21st century? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:32:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Top 10 worst leaders of 1st world countries in the 21st century? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top 10 worst leaders of 1st world countries in the 21st century?  (Read 1167 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: January 24, 2021, 08:54:09 PM »

1. Park Geun-Hye
2. Donald Trump
3. Janez Jansa
3. Viktor Orban
5. Silvio Berluscioni
6. Boris Johnson
7. Scott Morrison
8. Pedro Sanchez
9. Stefan Lövfen
10. Justin Trudeau

Sanchez on #8, Lofven on #9 and Trudeau in #10? I can certainly imagine negative arguments for all 3, but that's an odd position for someone on the left to take?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 06:24:26 AM »

Nah Rajoy is top spot, Bolsonaro (but I don't count Latin-America as 1st world) is worse and Netanyahu perhaps should be higher than both Trump & Rajoy. Aznar could indeed be listed in top 10.

We should make a top 10 best leaders but that's probably harder to do, although the existence of Scandinavia makes it do-able.

How the hell is Rajoy the worst leader of a 1st world country in the 21st century???

Like Velasco said, he isn't even the worst candidate for "worst leader in Spain" (Aznar was definitely worse; and I imagine a lot of conservatives could easily make an argument for Zapatero, even if I disagree)

Rajoy had a decent-ish (but not great by any means) economic management. He didn't pass really any huge policy changes in my mind other than a labour reform that was bad in my opinion, but which arguably helped solve unemployment? (unemployment peaked in 2013 and started slowly coming down since then). He was a manager and had a technocratic style, a Merkel-style figure except having to deal with a much worse situation (and being worse than Merkel of course)

He handled the Catalonia situation poorly I'll admit but that's not a reason to put him as the worst.

If anything, on the big scale of things, Rajoy is fairly low profile and mediocre.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies