Thoughts?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:20:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Thoughts?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 822 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2021, 12:26:48 AM »

PResented without context:

Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 12:28:35 AM »

wut
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 09:45:40 AM »

I'm laughing incontrollably and I'm feeling bad for this.

Not sure if I even want to know the context behind it.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 11:09:34 PM »

Hmm.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 01:48:11 AM »

"Rutherfraud B Hayes"
JoeInator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -4.00

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 09:55:23 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2021, 01:06:32 PM by JoeInator »

Along with "James Buchanon" and "Grover Cleavland"

I gotta give them credit for spelling Cleveland wrong both times. At least they're consistently wrong.

Also, where's the question in this? It just lists a bunch of names then stops. I thought I had a stroke when I first read this but no, that's actually the way it is.

The only context for this I can think of is that Samuel Tilden's spirit angrily made this list but got bored halfway through.

EDIT: So apparently I spelled "and" wrong and didn't catch it. I shouldn't be one to talk about the spelling errors in this.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 12:56:37 PM »

Is this like a history test written by a drunk or something?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 01:54:57 PM »

Boromir's body lies a-mouldering in the grave
His soul is marching on!
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 06:03:18 PM »

Reading this hurt my brain
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 09:44:05 AM »

The number of blanks is correct for the Ruling Stewards of Gondor. Why someone chose to fill it with the Presidents after George is beyond me.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2021, 01:04:58 PM »

1. Plaintiffs are clearly not the first group of Black and Latino voters deprived of their right to legally cast a vote in a federal election, but they are the first such group to stand in the gap for all People of the United States of America. Plaintiffs’ urgent plea before this Honorable Court, in this current Constitutional Crisis, is to restore the rule of law to our Republic and its government by consent of the governed by placing appropriate constitutional checks and balances on the current Congress and President, both of which have been unlawfully elected in violation of HAVA.

2. “Gondor has no King,” to invoke a very appropriate quote from the J.R.R. Tolkien epic classic, “Lord of the Rings.” 2

2 During the course of the epic trilogy, the rightful King of Gondor had abandoned the throne. Since only the rightful king could sit on the throne of Gondor, a steward was appointed to manage Gondor until the return of the King, known as “Aragorn,” occurred at the end of the story. This analogy is applicable since there is now in Washington, D.C., a group of individuals calling themselves the President, Vice President, and Congress who have no rightful claim to govern the American People. Accordingly, as set forth in the Proposed Temporary Restraining Order, as a remedy the Court should appoint a group of special masters (the “Stewards”) to provide a check the power of the illegitimate President until this Constitutional Crisis can be resolved through a peaceful legal process of a Preliminary Injunction Hearing and a jury trial on the merits.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.txwd.1120287/gov.uscourts.txwd.1120287.6.0.pdf
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 01:10:23 PM »

1. Plaintiffs are clearly not the first group of Black and Latino voters deprived of their right to legally cast a vote in a federal election, but they are the first such group to stand in the gap for all People of the United States of America. Plaintiffs’ urgent plea before this Honorable Court, in this current Constitutional Crisis, is to restore the rule of law to our Republic and its government by consent of the governed by placing appropriate constitutional checks and balances on the current Congress and President, both of which have been unlawfully elected in violation of HAVA.

2. “Gondor has no King,” to invoke a very appropriate quote from the J.R.R. Tolkien epic classic, “Lord of the Rings.” 2

2 During the course of the epic trilogy, the rightful King of Gondor had abandoned the throne. Since only the rightful king could sit on the throne of Gondor, a steward was appointed to manage Gondor until the return of the King, known as “Aragorn,” occurred at the end of the story. This analogy is applicable since there is now in Washington, D.C., a group of individuals calling themselves the President, Vice President, and Congress who have no rightful claim to govern the American People. Accordingly, as set forth in the Proposed Temporary Restraining Order, as a remedy the Court should appoint a group of special masters (the “Stewards”) to provide a check the power of the illegitimate President until this Constitutional Crisis can be resolved through a peaceful legal process of a Preliminary Injunction Hearing and a jury trial on the merits.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.txwd.1120287/gov.uscourts.txwd.1120287.6.0.pdf

More:
If the Defendants and the illegitimate Congress and President their actions installed are able to continue to govern the United States, it will cease to be a republic. It may become a true RINO “republic in name only” in the sense that the “People’s Republic of China” contains the word “Republic,” although it is common public knowledge that China does not in any way belong to its people.

Internet searches regarding cancel culture will bring up headlines describing tangible fear from those on the political right of being eventually rounded up into Soviet-style gulags or “reeducation camps."

Sosalol
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 05:19:27 PM »

I agree tbh
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 07:10:32 PM »

More:
If the Defendants and the illegitimate Congress and President their actions installed are able to continue to govern the United States, it will cease to be a republic. It may become a true RINO “republic in name only” in the sense that the “People’s Republic of China” contains the word “Republic,” although it is common public knowledge that China does not in any way belong to its people.

Internet searches regarding cancel culture will bring up headlines describing tangible fear from those on the political right of being eventually rounded up into Soviet-style gulags or “reeducation camps."

Was this intentional parody or accidental parody?

Even if they were being serious, why would they expect either that courts wouldn't be in cahoots with the two "illegitimate branches" or that the "illegitimate branches" would follow an order from a "legitimate court"?
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 06:08:46 AM »

I LOL'd (and I don't laugh often).

As for filling in the blanks, I have no clue!
Sosalol
Rookie
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2021, 12:05:24 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies