[Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:04:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  [Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: Who do you support for President?
Labor
Federalist
DA
Other
Labor
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: [Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]  (Read 6782 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2022, 08:40:24 PM »

Future

It's going to be a bright future folks. We have a Federalist majority and a Federalist President ready to get to work for the Atlasian people. I wanted to update you regarding my status. I intend to resign from my position as Southern delegate effective June 30 in order to assume office in Congress on July 1. I plan to work on streamlining important bills for all of us.

We will put Atlasia on a great path.

Best,

- Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2022, 07:02:18 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2022, 07:14:39 PM by Senator-elect Spark »

Relocating back to Lincoln

My fellow citizens, it has been an absolute pleasure and honor to be in the South for so many years. I've served in the Southern Chamber on three separate occasions and was fortunate enough to gain the confidence to lead that honorable body as its deputy speaker and acting speaker. In addition, I got to serve under Yankee on the Domestic Policy Council during my tenure in the South. It's been a very long road, but I appreciate all of those who made it possible for me to help make the region a better place. My Florida office shall be vacated by June 30.

Now, I must return to my roots in the Lincoln Region, specifically the Great Lakes region to help steer the ship there now that Mr. Cao is our President-elect. I recall that Lincoln was where I got my start within the game and I will enable it to become better for the future. As I prepare to take office as at-large Senator, I wanted to take this time to thank you for all of your support and Southerners for their confidence in me.

To a better future!

- Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2022, 08:01:32 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2022, 08:48:15 PM by PPT Spark »

Travel schedule

My fellow Atlasians, I will be touring Atlasia to hear the concerns of voters at town-halls and hold some events.

Official Schedule:

8/10: Green Bay, Wisconsin - Virtual town-hall

Feel free to leave questions or comments below at any time.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2022, 09:36:58 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2022, 09:45:58 AM by PPT Spark »

Pipestone, Minnesota

On Farming

Hello my fellow farmers and Atlasians, today I am grateful to be with you in the great state of Minnesota. Many farmers are feeling the effects of this inflationary surge that we are experiencing. Inflation is scourging small and large farms alike. Rest assured, the Joseph Cao administration and I hear your concerns and feel your pain. This exponential pain will not last much longer because President Cao will be the most-pro farming President that ever existed. I also will redouble our efforts on this front to provide ethanol subsidies to our hard-working farmers to keep food production high.

I plan to introduce a bill called the Ethanol Subsidization Act, which uses a revenue sharing model between retail dealers of higher ethanol and farmers. This will enable farmers and gas stations to both reap the benefits of production and distribution. The hope is that this bill grants farmers an incentive to continue producing at a high rate to enrich Atlasia's supply of this higher yield ethanol. Farmers will also benefit from changes in the tax code and additional tax credits of $500,000 per year to small businesses and small farms.

We can all move forward together to a better future by confronting the challenges of inflation and its effects upon all of our people. When we put farmers first, we can eliminate the risk of food shortages. We also want to reduce the pain at the pump as much as possible by increasing production at home and fighting for additional exports abroad through our deals.

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2022, 07:58:24 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2022, 08:46:18 AM by Senator Spark »

Denver, Colorado

On Labor unions

Hello everyone! Labor unions are the backbone of the Atlasian economy and I support the right of regions to decide if unions will be allowed or not. I am a firm believer that unions are an important pillar of society in that workers can band together for collective bargaining and to advocate for their rights.

We need to focus on raising the minimum wage and adjusting to inflation. With that being said, I also can assure you tonight that I will work to preserve the New Great Society Act but readjust its rates. I am going to work to ensure that labor protections for teachers, administrative workers, and others remain intact for the foreseeable future.

Let's continue fighting this good fight in addressing inflation together. Having faith in President Cao, me, and Congress to deliver results is paramount.

We won't let you down!

- Spark
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2022, 08:07:19 PM »

Denver, Colorado

On Labor unions

Hello everyone! Labor unions are the backbone of the Atoasian economy and I support the right of regions to decide if unions will be allowed or not. I am a firm believer that unions are an important pillar of society in that workers can band together for collective bargaining and to advocate for their rights.

We need to focus on raising the minimum wage and adjusting to inflation. With that being said, I also can assure you tonight that I will work to preserve the New Great Society Act but readjust its rates. I am going to work to ensure that labor protections for teachers, administrative workers, and others remain intact for the foreseeable future.

Let's continue fighting this good fight in addressing inflation together. Having faith in President Cao, me, and Congress to deliver results is paramount.

We won't let you down!

- Spark

Then why didn’t you vote for it?

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2022, 09:27:09 AM »

Denver, Colorado

On Labor unions

Hello everyone! Labor unions are the backbone of the Atoasian economy and I support the right of regions to decide if unions will be allowed or not. I am a firm believer that unions are an important pillar of society in that workers can band together for collective bargaining and to advocate for their rights.

We won't let you down!

- Spark

Then why didn’t you vote for it?

I thought it was a good initiative but did not agree with the rates set.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2022, 08:47:52 PM »

Portsmouth, NH

On Crime

Hello my fellow Atlasians, I am here with you in beautiful Portsmouth to talk more about our rising crime rates. Under President Cao, I can assure you that we are going to put violent repeat offenders behind bars. Don't get me wrong, I do have compassion, but not for murderers, rapists, and violent drug traffickers. These people rightfully receive the justice they deserve in our criminal justice system.
As an officeholder in the South, I remember introducing legislation that instated mandatory minimum sentencing for child molesters. We must keep our communities safe and thriving, and in order to do that, we must keep criminals away from us.

By implementing a national vision and strategy regarding this subject, such as finding ways to reduce recidivism and enforce our laws, we can successfully combat this epidemic and keep our people safe. We need to grant police departments additional grants to be better trained and equipped to serve everyone.

With all of this in mind, we can strive toward a more safe and prosperous future.

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2022, 08:23:02 PM »

Virtual Town-hall

This evening, I will be holding a virtual town hall until 11 PM ET. Please ask any and all questions about the Senate progress!

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2022, 08:02:35 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2022, 12:49:53 PM by PPT Spark »

Elections

My fellow Atlasians, we've made much progress this session and passed some well needed reforms such as the GM Team Creation Act, the William Jennings Bryan Anti-Imperialism Act, ATF OFF Act, and others. Right now, I will be working with the President and my Senate colleagues to revise the federal budget so that we can deliver tax cuts to the middle class across our nation. I've also introduced a bill that will reduce electricity costs for the average Atlasian by 25%.

Let us go forward together and not backward on progress in Atlasia. Be sure to vote in these elections and I hope to earn your support based on my efforts this session as PPT and as the people's Senator. I will not give in on fighting for you and our cause to reform Atlasia.

Thank you .

- Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2022, 06:33:15 PM »

Victory

I wanted to thank each and every one of my supporters for their vote and confidence in me to serve in the Senate. It means very much to me and this re-election campaign was for you all! I will seek to improve our nation even further in upcoming sessions to continue striving toward greatness. We have many upcoming priorities such as passing the federal budget. When done together, anything is possible. I pledge to work amicably with my colleagues for the betterment of our nation. As for President Cao, he has been one of the best Presidents of our lifetimes and will continue to fight for the average Atlasian.

Although my term as PPT is about to conclude, I still plan to be an active participant as a member of the Senate.

Thank you.

- Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2022, 05:44:07 PM »

Statement on Activity of the Senate

Hello everyone, while many of you will say I have no room to criticize this session, PPT WD has not done the best job this session. The lackluster leadership and activity led to not much getting done. We tabled a few bills and other bills have been on the floor for many days. Next session, I am hoping that a new leader will emerge and have effective administration of the Senate.

I am confident we will move forward as a country.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2022, 05:47:44 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2022, 02:07:36 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on bills

Hello all, recently I introduced two bills that are pertinent to the betterment of our citizens which include the Ethanol Subsidization Act and the Childcare Opportunity Act. The ethanol bill will help to incentivize production of ethanol in our rural communities across Atlasia. The Childcare bill will help to defray the costs of sending children to an after school center. We need to do more to support working parents and empower our families by showing them that the government CARES for their needs.

The bill also grants discretion to the regions on how they would like to customize their plans. Because, as we know, many regions have different priorities for childcare. It caps the amount of co-payments that can be charged and lessens the financial burden for millions of working families.

I am proud of this progress today and look forward to how it is going to help burnish our commitment to working citizens.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2022, 02:04:25 PM »

Elections this weekend

Hello everyone, be sure to make your voice heard this weekend. We have many priorities still to address, and I have two bills currently in the queue. These are major bills that affect millions of Atlasians such as the childcare bill and the ethanol bill. With a Federalist powered government, the people are well represented. We heed your concerns. Do we want to continue to fall into disarray or be uplifted back into prosperity? We need to make that choice this weekend. President Cao has been doing a wonderful job leading our nation. With a second term in hand, Mr. Cao will bring us out of this dark time and into a brighter future. I trust in him to get the job done. I've had the honor of working with him as a legislator, running against him as a presidential candidate, and now as president of Atlasia.

Cao understands what it takes to get the job done and so do I. My tenure as PPT showed that I was determined, active, and I could adjust to the demands at hand. Now we've seen with a Labor PPT that inactivity runs rampant. The opposition does not have your best interest at heart and only cares about what the party machine says. Luckily, I am an independent thinker and a pragmatist with a proven record. I will continue working for you in Nyman to lift all boats. Trust in the candidates who will not be influenced by the special interests, and support ones that have deep-seated convictions instead. That is truly who will represent you best in Congress.

As Senator, I have been a relentless advocate for the downtrodden, the oppressed, and working class families that just want to get ahead. People in Atlasia want to make an honest living and I am making it easier for them to bear the brunt of inflation with these tax credits. Another highlight of last session was introducing the tax bill that passed. President Cao was ambivalent about it due to the intricacies of the budget. It was the largest tax cut for working people in Atlasian history.

I am all about adapting to the times. Let's not dig our head in the sand and pretend things are not happening. The government did not work for everyone under a Labor administration. With the Federalists, we are just starting to turn the corner. Let's not change horses mid-race and keep the effective administrators in power. Not to mention the boon of integrity that this President brings. He's a great leader and collaborator. I am proud to work with him and hope to continue doing so in the future.

From farms to factories, cities, rural communities, and everywhere in between around this nation, I have been proud to serve as your Senator. I will keep fighting for you in Atlasia's Senate for months to come. The confidence you've placed in me is unrelenting, and I will continue to repay this confidence with activity and good bills. Let's send a Federalist majority and President back to Nyman this weekend!

I hope to earn your trust again and your vote.

Thank you all.

Best,

Senator Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2022, 11:47:04 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2022, 04:53:34 PM by Senator Spark »

Victory yet again

Our citizens have put their champions back in Nyman. Another four months of President Cao and Vice President Reagan Clinton. True heroes for our country and its progress. They also have elected me again to be the people's Senator. We all know I will continue striving for Atlasia. I must say it has been an excellent time serving you. Key priorities for next term include working on the tax cut and budget, healthcare, farming, and reducing childcare costs. We will keep bringing inflation down and lifting our people up.

It's time for a new era out there. Let's do it together.

Thank you Atlasia!

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2022, 04:58:10 PM »

3rd Term Priorities

Hello everyone. Today I wanted to share some priorities with you for my upcoming third term. They are the following:

-Reduce taxes by 15% for working families through tax credits
-Reduce the cost of childcare by 25% through the CCOA.
-Increase subsidies for ethanol production
-Save 150,000 jobs for coal miners through the coal miner transitory program, in turn, creating up to 200,000 new jobs

In addition, I come before you today to inform you that I will be retiring from the Senate in December 2022 and not standing again for re-election. I will be focusing on my upcoming presidential campaign next year. I believe it is only right for the people to have a fully focused Senator. I plan to run a national campaign and win the presidency.

I hope to accomplish these priorities and many more as I work diligently with my Senate colleagues. I appreciate your confidence in me to serve. Let's hope for the best and get right to work!

Best,

Senator Spark

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies