[Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:05:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  [Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: Who do you support for President?
Labor
Federalist
DA
Other
Labor
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: [Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]  (Read 6781 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2021, 07:52:56 PM »

Withdrawn from the Race

Hi all, I've dropped my bid for Vice President and am focusing on re-election to the People's Senate.

Thank you.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2021, 09:28:32 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2021, 08:21:31 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Campaign Schedule

Hello my fellow Atlasians, I will be touring the South to campaign very soon! I look forward to answering your questions and hearing your concerns as we move forward. I believe I deserve to be re-elected to Senate because I've accomplished very much. You may review my accomplishments and determine if I will earn your support once again.

My campaign schedule is below:

6/9 - Statement on the Fifth Constitution, Q&A Session
6/10 - Louisville, KY
6/11 - Nashville, TN  
6/14 - Atlanta, GA - Crime

6/15 - Meeting w/ DA - Kansas
6/16 - Mobile, AL
6/17 - Jacksonville, FL

Please be sure to review this schedule and if you would like me to visit you for a campaign stop, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best,

Senator Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2021, 09:37:02 AM »

Q&A Session

Hello everybody, I will be holding a live Q&A session at 2 PM ET on Discord (you may PM me) and here on this thread to answer your questions and concerns about what you would like to see me accomplish for another term in the Senate.

Thank you.

Senator Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2021, 09:46:08 AM »

5th Constitution

The Fifth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia was ratified and will be implemented shortly. We need a Senator who understands how to work with others to make this transition work seamlessly. I have not hesitated to ask colleagues in the Senate for their advice and worked in tandem toward a mutual goal. Atlasia required a transformation into something better, that is what I will continue to provide. Our citizens should be given a fair choice in who governs them. Labor has been in power for a long while, and it is necessary to give others a chance.

It will take all of us to make this work and I am the candidate that will put the interests of Atlasia first. I have always done so and always will. It is important that we do not let our meaningful work fall by the wayside, but to continue to build upon it. Some of the ways that I will work to ensure that the Fifth Constitution is implemented is to build a partnership with the next President (regardless of party), our Governor, and the Chamber of Delegates. I will help to pass legislation that increases transparency in the electoral process for voters to understand the changes to the Constitution.

For those of you who feel left out of the electoral process, this is your chance to make a difference in our country.

Thank you!

Best,

Senator Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2021, 11:30:14 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2021, 11:35:57 AM by Southern Senator Spark »

Nashville, Tennessee

Abortion

Hello my fellow Southerners, today I am here in the heart of the South to speak about abortion. Abortion is a key, but contentious issue in our Republic. My Senate colleagues have supported reproductive rights to the detriment of our unborn citizens. I pledge to you that if re-elected, I will continue to fight for the rights of the unborn. Last session, I attempted to introduce a constitutional amendment that would limit abortions. I will continue to fight for this important measure in the next session. I am open to working on compromises that would accomplish that goal. I remain principled on this issue, just know many in the South are pro-life and desire to see abortion reduced to the minimum level possible.

We need to keep our next generation in mind and not extinguish their chances at a chance for a successful life.

Best,

Senator Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2021, 08:17:32 PM »

Atlanta, GA

Crime

Hello my fellow Southerners, I come before you today to speak more about crime in our inner cities and across the region. We must do more to deter violent crime by longer sentencing guidelines while simultaneously decreasing the propensity for mass incarceration by not penalizing non-violent offenders for offenses such as marijuana possession. Violent crime in inner cities is best addressed when working in consultation with state and local partners to increase funding, recognize hot spots in the community, and emphasize community policing. If we accomplish these objectives, our communities will become safer, more prosperous, and tranquility will ensure.

Thank you.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2021, 07:20:04 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2021, 07:24:50 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Topeka, Kansas

Meeting w/ Tmth

Hello everyone, this evening, I had the opportunity to speak with former President Tmthfor94. Tmth is a principled leader and fighter each day for the South. He has been a fervent and committed advocate for all of us and I am proud to join him in this fight to keep our region prosperous.

Tmth shared the below statement regarding my candidacy for regional Senate:

"Spark is a good citizen, he is someone who actively collaborates with others and he works so hard for his constituents. He has been great at reaching out to DA members for feedback and his willingness to always grow is what makes him very special. Spark continues the TM legacy each and every day and will continue to do great things for us. Vote Spark!!!" -Tmth

I am very honored and thankful that I have Tmth as a staunch ally as an elected official. As demonstrated by Tmth's statement, I can assure you that I will heed advice from members and voters of the Democratic Alliance. Your interests matter to me as does the entirety of the Southern citizenry.

This is the reason I believe I deserve to be re-elected to serve you for another term in the Senate. I have your best interests in mind, and will continue to do the people's work.

Best,

Senator Spark
marcuszodiak
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.00, S: -2.00

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2021, 09:55:43 PM »

Endorsed!!!!!!!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2021, 08:26:57 AM »

Elections this weekend

Hello everyone! The polls are open! I have been honored to serve as your Senator and hope to continue my service to this wonderful region. I hope to earn your vote.

Thank you.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2021, 12:17:41 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2021, 10:45:05 AM by Southern Senator Spark »

Thank YOU

I would like to thank everyone who supported me in this endeavor to safeguard the South as it transitions to the new Constitution. I appreciate your confidence in me to continue the prosperity of our region, that is something that brings us all together. I'd like to congratulate all of the Senators-elect and Senator NCY on his re-election.

It means much to me and I plan to continue the progress to move the South forward to a better future.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2021, 10:39:46 AM »

June, October Presidential elections

Hello everybody. I want to congratulate our President-elect SevenEleven and Governor LouisvilleThunder on a hard-fought campaign. This election was contentious, but nevertheless our democracy thrives. Mr. LT is a close friend of mine, we may have our disagreements but I consider him a long-time ally and friend. As for Sev, he is a dignified person and respectable officeholder, and I have no doubts about his ability to serve.

However, I do have reservations about some of the policies he pushed for as Senator and if he will truly govern for all Atlasians. I hope this sentiment is true and will come to pass, but if it does not, many will be left out from this vision for Atlasia. Labor has been in power for a while, and power corrupts. That is the reason today I am declaring to run for the Federalist nomination for President in October. I believe declaring early enough will provide me with a chance to get to know our citizens, priorities for our country going forward, and to evaluate the policy specifics that the President-elect's administration will implement.

We can all hope for a better future, but this vision is different than my own for Atlasia. I will explicitly lay out this vision in the coming weeks.

Let's keep believing in the promise of Atlasia for all. It is worth fighting for.

Thank you.

Best,

Senator Spark
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2021, 10:47:58 AM »

Endorsed!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2021, 10:55:48 AM »

Thank you!
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2021, 11:34:43 AM »

I would like to nominate a pile of cow dung.  It's important to have a consistent message, and it would really complete the ticket.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2021, 11:39:10 AM »

Should be "House Speaker Rep. Joseph Cao"  !!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2021, 12:01:56 PM »

Fixed.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2021, 08:50:52 AM »

The Spark/RC ticket - Let's get to work!

Hello everyone,

It is with great honor that I join Senator Spark on this presidential ticket. I've always prided myself in fighting for the people of this great nation. I know Mr. Spark well from previous events, whether through productive legislation crafting or electoral battles, and I can tell you firsthand that Spark is a fighter for the people.

When I look at Atlasia from previous years compared to today, our structure of government may have changed for the better, but the politicians are still selling the same broken promises that have held back progress and growth in this country. When the two choices in a Presidential election comes down to the most negative campaigns in the history of this country, dividing the nation in ways it hasn't seen in a long time, that is when we must strive for change. There's only one man who can Spark it.

Once again thank you to Spark for bringing me onto this team, I'm excited to help pave the way to a more dignified and civil Atlasia.

Lets get to work.

-RC
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2021, 08:23:00 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 08:38:05 PM by Senator Spark »

Running for re-election

Tampa Bay, Florida

Official announcement

My fellow Southerners, let's get fired up Central Florida! I am seeking a third term to be your Senator and I've delivered results on a countless number of occasions. My proudest moment this term was suggesting an amendment to repeal certain provisions of the Assault Weapons Ban. The amendment removed certain handguns and shotguns from the AW schedule.

I've also worked to aid those suffering with addiction and help them seek rehabilitation. It is my highest priority to raise the standard of living for each and every Atlasian in this country. The latest bill I've introduced addresses the reduction of youth homelessness:

Youth Homelessness Bill

My fellow Atlasians, today I come before you with an update to combat our homelessness problem in Atlasia. Many youth are homeless and this is a problem that has not received much attention in our country. Up to 60% of youth that are victims of crimes such as human trafficking are homeless.

This needs to end. I just put forth a bill to stop this from occurring. The Hubert H. Humphrey Helping Hand for the Homeless Act will establish grants given by the federal government to community centers in combatting youth homelessness. We need to show care for our most vulnerable in order for them to thrive. I do not forget about those who are voiceless.

I will continue fighting for you in the Senate.
As you know, my career in the Senate has been rightly remarkable. I've taken a stand against those who are pro-choice in introducing resolutions condemning the murderous practice of abortion. I have not stopped short of taking on the Labor machine.

This is the reason, among others that I am asking your support for this re-election bid. To continue protecting the sanctity of life, safeguarding our 2nd amendment, fighting for fair trade deals, and a sensible and pragmatic foreign policy, I urge you all to send me back to the Senate. You all know very well I am the people's champion, and I will not let another campaign detract from the important work we are doing in the honorable Senate.

Here are a few priorities of mine if re-elected to the Senate:

-Fighting for a fair trade deal with Japan in exporting Atlasian automobiles overseas
-Protecting Taiwan's status as a sovereign nation and key ally
-Investing in oil and natural gas as well as addressing climate change without raising taxes
-Establishing effective transitionary services for citizens in halfway houses
-Reducing the prison population by 25%
-Re-introducing a constitutional amendment on abortion to be ratified by 2/3 of the regions

These priorities are not all of the issues I plan to take on next term.

You can be confident that I will continue to be principled, pragmatic, and active in meeting our daily challenges in Atlasia. The opposition cannot say the same. They are not as committed as I am to tackle these problems head on and bring many Atlasians out of the shadows.

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2021, 08:33:28 AM »

Accomplishments

I've been committed to improving the lives of working class Atlasians each day and protecting our most vulnerable. A bill I had introduced just most recently passed the Senate. The Addiction Transitory Act will provide much needed resources for those struggling with addiction. It is a true public health crisis. Instead of criminalizing this, we need to shift toward a focus on rehabilitation. I have the best interests of Atlasians in mind. The bill provides for key mental health services and supports re-entry into society.

My work this term has been focused on providing opportunities for those who lack them and I will remain committed to this mission in my next term.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2021, 08:37:13 AM »

2nd amendment protection

In the next term, I plan to prioritize safeguarding the 2nd amendment protection for all of our citizens in the South by minimizing the impact of red flag laws. I am opposed to these laws because I believe it can disproportionately affect law abiding citizens. The government goes too far in this instance, and takes away autonomy from our people to protect themselves.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2021, 10:00:51 AM »

Victory speech

My fellow Southerners! Thank you all for your support and confidence in me to lead this region forward toward a more prosperous future. I promise you that I will not let you down. It is my top priority to keep helping this land become better and improving the quality of life for every Southerner each day. I know that you all will be pleased to learn of my upcoming priorities and initativives in the people's Senate this term.

Be sure to follow my official office for updates.

Once again, I am most grateful for your willingness to have me serve as your Senator.

It is a great honor.

Thank you.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2022, 10:28:44 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2022, 10:58:33 PM by Opposition Leader Spark »

Announcement for Southern Governor

Orlando, Florida

Hello my fellow Southerners, I come before you this evening with some important news. I am joining this next race for Southern governor because the people believe they need a choice. It is in the best interest of those in our region to provide them with options regarding who should serve as the next Southern Governor. I believe I am best positioned to bring all sides together in a overly partisan and divided time. While incumbent Governor LT and I agree on many issues, and I personally have nothing against him, most Southerners have a peculiar view of how he handled his conduct a year ago. I have out-rightly condemned LT for those actions. Currently, public opinion shows LT struggling to gain the majority support of voters in the South.

What we don't need is additional gridlock and an increasingly partisan divide to complicate matters at this point. I'd get to work immediately with the Chamber of Delegates as I have done in the past to move the region forward on a number of fronts. Instead of constantly hurling attacks at one another, we can come together to solve problems.

In a short time, I will be releasing a campaign platform to guide my initiatives for this upcoming campaign.

I've said it since I've joined this game, principles over party each time. While I abhor Labor, we need to accomplish initiatives and pass bills. LT has exacerbated tensions with everybody. I hope to reconcile with you on his behalf.

Best,

Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2022, 11:03:38 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2022, 07:23:42 PM by Opposition Leader Spark »

Campaign for Southern Governor

Tampa, Florida

Campaign Platform Initiatives

1. Restoring civility and dignity to the Governor's mansion by establishing a committee of executive electoral conduct and efficacy.
2. Have a balanced budget by fiscal year 2023
3. Establish citizen committees on a number of pressing issues sponsored by the Chamber of Delegates to meet weekly to spur user activity.
4. Expand the child tax credit by 25%
5. End the politicization of masks and vaccines to ensure every Southerner has access to a free vaccine
6. Increase funding to rural localities for broadband internet access
7. Veto any legislation that is pro-abortion (>6 weeks of pregnancy)
8. Reduce electricity costs for Southerners by 1/3 by establishing a regional energy authority. Said authority will devise a report to be delivered to the Southern Chamber by 5/31/22.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2022, 10:59:07 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2022, 04:46:42 PM by Opposition Leader Spark »

Campaign Schedule

HQ - Tampa, Florida

1/21 - Orlando, Florida
Call to action speech

Endorsements

Fmr. Lincoln Speaker Dwarven Dragon (DA-Lincoln)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2022, 07:29:08 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2022, 07:32:37 PM by Opposition Leader Spark »

Reducing Partisanship, Restoring Civility

Macon, GA

Hello my fellow Southerners! How are ya'll doing? It is great to be here to speak with you virtually in Georgia. I believe it is imperative that in this age we come together to solve problems and be less embattled. We cannot afford to sacrifice the well-being of our citizens by politicizing masking and vaccines. These practices are an Atlasian idea and one that is imperative to rid this nation of the virus. On my first day in office, I will ensure that each Southerner is equipped with a free testing kit, best mask, and free availability to a vaccine. Not every Southerner lives in an urban area and my utmost priority as Southern Governor is to establish mobile vaccine clinics to transport the vaccine to rural areas.

Partisanship only seeks to further divide us on this issue. Governor LT, while I respect him much, has only served to exacerbate these tensions. Southerners are looking for someone to not only lead, but to do it in a way that does not enflame tensions among us. Talking points have replaced sensible, pragmatic solutions. The South has been devoid of these solutions and progress has stalled. The war of words has degraded not only our region, but Atlasia itself. If you elect me Governor, things will inevitably change. You can count on that. I know how to work with the other side to come to agreements on a variety of issues. As a Senator, I gained bi-partisan support for bills and now lead the Federalist opposition. Being an officeholder comes with great power, but I never have abused it. It is important that we leave the past periods of gridlock and inflammatory rhetoric behind.

Now is the time for a brand new future. We just need to embrace it.

The time is now to make a change to have a better for the South in the future.

Yours truly,

Spark

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies