[Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:01:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  [Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Who do you support for President?
Labor
Federalist
DA
Other
Labor
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: [Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]  (Read 6784 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2021, 03:42:07 PM »
« edited: February 13, 2021, 03:51:33 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Charlotte, North Carolina

Unity

Hello everybody! We need to overcome some of this partisan rancor and divisiveness in Atlasia.

In the words of our wonderful lady modGod, Wink

This disunity and partisanship in Atlasia is deeply saddening, and because of this, I have reached out to viral 2016 debate star and leading voice on bipartisanship, Ken Bone, who has a message of unity for Atlasia

So, I believe it is necessary in order to come together to solve some of Atlasia's most pressing problems. Hating each other, pointless feuds, and hostilities thwart progress and cause our efforts to stagnate. I urge all members with whom I serve to express their disagreements with candor, kindness, and respect. I can understand how disagreements regarding our future and policy may cause frustration, dismay, and hopelessness. But! We need to keep hope for our families, our children, and our society. We cannot move forward without an unrelenting commitment toward goodness, this is the reason I will commit to supporting my colleagues throughout my time in the Senate and beyond.

Let's put the priorities of our people and Atlasia on the forefront. It's the best thing we can do for all of us.

Best,

Senator Spark
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2021, 02:01:51 AM »

Endorsed
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2021, 03:05:38 PM »

Macon, Georgia

Gun Control

Hello my fellow Atlasians, today I am here to speak about gun control. As you know, your right to bear arms should never be undermined. I support open carry across the entire South and background checks for purchasing a weapon in Atlasia. I will fight to protect your right to defend yourself and your families from harm. We should be focusing on improve gun safety and training in order for our citizens to be equipped and educated in safeguarding each other.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2021, 10:52:22 PM »

Thank you Lord Yankee Smiley
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2021, 11:50:22 AM »

Louisville, Kentucky

International Trade

Hello everyone, trade is a key issue in Atlasia and how we handle international trade will determine our nation's foreseeable future. We need to continue striving for fair trade with our allies, neighbors, and adversaries to ensure that we counteract our trade deficit. It involves using our leverage at the bargaining table in diplomacy, exerting soft power over other powers of the world and being a leader on the forefront of these negotiations. It is my hope that your next President can negotiate a fairer and better trade deal for all Atlasians. I can commit to you that if a new trade deal is brokered in the next administration that I will vote in the affirmative to ratify the agreement in the Senate. It is my highest priority that we protect our workers from unfair trade across Atlasia so that they may keep their jobs and continue thriving.

I will never stop fighting for you.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2021, 12:11:23 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2021, 12:19:53 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Virginia Beach, Virginia

Accomplishments

Hello everyone, it is important to me to inform you of the progress I've made this session. Since I was appointed, I wanted to ensure that I do not involve myself in partisan issues and have deferred those issues for next session as some of my top priorities including reform of the Registration Act, passing a heartbeat bill, and working on immigration.

As for this session, I have numerous accomplishments including providing much needed relief to our citizens, reining in China's abuses, reducing the costs of healthcare and childcare, subsidizing small farms, and showing bipartisan support for unions. Please see below at my official office. I won't hesitate to answer your questions or comments regarding the issues - please leave them below or feel free to PM me.

The reasons that I would like to continue being your Senator is to safeguard the freedoms that we all highly regard such as the 2nd amendment right to bear arms, protecting the unborn, and so many other vital rights. I also want to highlight the importance of being conciliatory and working across the aisle, I am committed to seeing each citizen in our nation not only survive, but thrive. That means regardless of political affiliation, I urge you to consider my candidacy as a beacon for all Atlasians and Southerners. To my opponents in this race, I wish them the best. I recognize that my Labor counterpart has not been the most active, but nevertheless, I look forward to his challenge. To Governor Louisville Thunder, I appreciated your confidence in me to serve in this honorable role. To Speaker Tmth, you have been a wonderful partner in government as long as I've been in this game and I look forward to our continued partnership. With all that being said, we have spectacular individuals in roles of authority, and we are all fighting for you. I will pledge to continue doing so.

We need to come together as people who value life, freedom, and happiness for all. I will ensure that the South has leadership, stability, and activity for the foreseeable future. We cannot risk this progress to be stalled and for activity to decline. This moment is too dire for inactivity. Let's move forward together to a better, brighter, and more prosperous future.

Best,

Senator Spark

Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2021, 03:53:59 AM »

Endorsed
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2021, 05:36:23 AM »

Endorsed!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2021, 10:29:34 AM »

Thanks
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2021, 10:30:28 AM »

Thank you!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2021, 03:25:04 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2021, 03:28:06 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Final Day on the Trail

Hello everybody! Glad you all could be here with me virtually today. As this campaign concludes, I'd like to reflect on what I've done so far in this term and what I plan to do if I am elected to a full term.

Full-term Priorities

I plan to continue being open to your suggestions for legislation, comments, and concerns regarding the issues. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me about anything. If elected to a full term, I pledge to:

-Introduce a heartbeat bill in the Senate
-Pass a resolution relating to international trade; encourage and work with the incoming administration to update trade deals with other nations to ensure fair trade
-To keep checks on monopolies by introducing a resolution condemning predatory practices
-Instate cost-sharing for healthcare to reduce the prices of prescription drugs
-Reform our immigration system by enforcing our immigration laws

I look forward to returning back home to Tallahassee, Florida tomorrow to watch the results!

Please be sure to vote in this weekend's elections are they are crucial to our region's future. Let's continue our work together for a full term and I hope to have your support!

Thank you.

Best,

Senator Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2021, 12:50:27 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2021, 10:01:14 AM by Southern Senator Spark »

Polls

Polls have opened!

I will keep working hard for all.

Good luck to all of the candidates in this race - as well as local and federal elections. We all want the best for our land.

Senator Spark
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2021, 08:58:00 AM »

Endorsed!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2021, 09:30:09 AM »

Thank you!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2021, 02:31:05 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2021, 10:10:04 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Update

Thank you all for your support. Despite being quite dismayed at the federal election, I have prevailed as your Senator. I hope to take a short LOA and be back in a few days.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2021, 02:32:51 AM »

Congrats on winning your first regionwide single winner election, my senator! Take some time you need off.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2021, 10:13:27 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2021, 10:18:01 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Changes

Hello everybody, I have returned from a brief leave of absence after the events of last weekend. The level of disunion and partisanship could not be higher in Atlasia, but I am grateful that I have positive working relationships with those on both sides of the aisle. Following the election results, candidate YT and I had some drawn out disagreements on the Discord. We have decided to put it past us for the betterment of Atlasia. We are BETTER than this and things will get better in game because I will work to change it. We need to recognize that none of us are enemies and we share a common goal - to improve Atlasia.

As you know I have become dissatisfied with both parties and plan to govern as an independent for a few months. I will have the best interests of everyone in mind and continue to share your suggestions and ideas with me for legislation. After some deliberation, I plan on continuing to be an active member of the Senate. It means much to me that you placed your confidence in someone who you believe can lead the region into the future. I will accomplish that.

Some priorities I have for the next few months include working on passing the Registration act to ban or severely limit offsite recruitment for all sides, passing a heartbeat bill to protect the unborn, and evaluate immigration laws, among other priorities.

Be sure to contact me with anything.

Senator Spark

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2021, 11:44:42 PM »

Changes

Hello everybody, I have returned from a brief leave of absence after the events of last weekend. The level of disunion and partisanship could not be higher in Atlasia, but I am grateful that I have positive working relationships with those on both sides of the aisle. Following the election results, candidate YT and I had some drawn out disagreements on the Discord. We have decided to put it past us for the betterment of Atlasia. We are BETTER than this and things will get better in game because I will work to change it. We need to recognize that none of us are enemies and we share a common goal - to improve Atlasia.

As you know I have become dissatisfied with both parties and plan to govern as an independent for a few months. I will have the best interests of everyone in mind and continue to share your suggestions and ideas with me for legislation. After some deliberation, I plan on continuing to be an active member of the Senate. It means much to me that you placed your confidence in someone who you believe can lead the region into the future. I will accomplish that.

Some priorities I have for the next few months include working on passing the Registration act to ban or severely limit offsite recruitment for all sides, passing a heartbeat bill to protect the unborn, and evaluate immigration laws, among other priorities.

Senator Spark

Good to see you are already going back on promises you made during your campaign. I look forward to ensuring you never hold office again. Enjoy your last term.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2021, 04:40:32 PM »

Changes

Senator Spark

Good to see you are already going back on promises you made during your campaign. I look forward to ensuring you never hold office again. Enjoy your last term.

Let's move beyond this rancor and create something better for us all. You have my ear.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2021, 09:43:34 AM »

Running for President

Hello everybody! This is the moment we've all been waiting for in Atlasia. I am officially running a campaign for President. Despite being a write-in candidate for now, I believe that I have the best vision for our land. The past few Presidents have been of the opposing party, but with the new Fifth Constitution being ratified, our land could use a much-needed change. We will make a pivot toward prosperity for our neighbors and for our posterity. I believe I am best positioned to make a change in Atlasia.

First, I want to provide you with some background about myself. I have an extensive record of service to our country.

My resume and bio is below:

https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php?title=Spark498

I have had the opportunity to work with many prominent politicians in Atlasia and have consistently worked across the aisle to compromise on key issues while maintaining credence to my values and principles. I believe that we can do better in Atlasia. Rather than fighting each other and displaying excessive partisanship, we need to come together and put Atlasia first. Throughout my career, I have remain committed to serving the people, irrespective of any special interests. I've avoided political entanglements, veering to extremity, and have learned from my past mistakes. In this campaign, I pledge to you and my opponents that I will conduct myself in a civil manner and avoid any partisan rancor or divisiveness. That type of campaign will only seek to divide us in this crucial moment. We need to unify around one singular purpose - being the best we can be to care for our communities, create a positive and bright future for our children, and increase the amount of opportunities available for our citizens.

I have accomplished all of the above in my previous capacities. As President, I plan to uphold the rule of law, bring promise to every corner of Atlasia, root out injustice, and be a champion for our working people. Some of my plans if elected, include:

-Modernizing our transportation grid to enable rural Atlasians access to work
-Protecting the sanctity of life by introducing a constitutional amendment
-Provide subsidies to farmers in regions dependent on agriculture
-Reform our immigration system to enable for easier legal immigration while protecting our borders
-Negotiating trade deals to strengthen our auto and manufacturing sectors
-Focusing on criminal justice reform and promoting federal training and advocacy programs for de-escalation training for police, committing to a federal national registry for police misconduct
-Supporting renewable energies such as wind, solar, and hydropower while maintaining our offshore oil wells
-Establishing transitional services for workers, especially miners, to combat unemployment caused by impending automation
-Supporting unions' collective bargaining rights
-Expanding the federal highway system
-Passing the Childcare Opportunity Act by doubling the childcare tax credit and increasing funding for childcare centers
-Sanctioning our adversaries in Eastern Asia for their subversive practices where appropriate while expanding trade with other nations
-Appoint conservative justices who respect religious freedom, the right to life
-Regulate monopolies that comprise greater than 25% market share to protect consumers
-Provide a weekly address to the public on key initiatives and progress
-Working with our regional and local partners to aid in the Fifth Constitution's implementation

I firmly believe that these policies will set us on a path to great success. We cannot afford to let our nation fall into disarray or satisfaction with the status quo. We have to continue making progress toward our goals and bringing opportunity to where it is needed most.

I am committed to that mission and I plan to further it if elected President.

Best,

Senator Spark

P.S. I have started the VP search.

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2021, 08:21:25 PM »

VP Announcement

Hello my fellow Atlasians, I proudly come before you tonight to announce that I have concluded my short vice presidential search. I have the pleasure of introducing to you a man who has the commitment, drive, and ability to strive to never before seen heights. That man is no other than Former Speaker Joseph Cao. Mr. Cao has served Atlasia well during his tenure. He is extraordinarily active and devoted to the game engine. Joseph Cao is a principled leader and legislator. Mr. Cao also conducts himself with integrity through his own volition and rises above the fray when it comes to politics. I am confident that he will be a dedicated and responsible public servant as your next Vice President. Mr. Cao is more than qualified to assume the presidency in the event I am no longer able to do so.

Should he be inclined to accept, we will be a team like no other who will be devoted to the mission of Atlasia and protect it for the future.

Dave bless this land.

Best,

Senator Spark, presidential candidate
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2021, 10:14:28 PM »

Endorsement for President

An important friend of mine, LouisvilleThunder, has entered the presidential race. I endorse LouisvilleThunder for President. I withdraw from the presidential race as a write-in candidate and intend to stand for the vice presidential nomination instead.

I appreciate your confidence.

Thank you.

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2021, 01:47:04 PM »

Joining the TedBessell ticket

Hello everyone! Ted announced last night that I will be his runningmate for Vice President. I am honored to be considered and accept this invitation.

Dropping out for President. Declaring for Vice President.

I will be running for President with Spark as my running mate.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2021, 01:50:14 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2021, 08:05:09 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Debates

My runningmate Ted will participate in tonight's debate at 7 PM PST. This is a great opportunity for you, the voters and citizens of our beloved republic, to hear from your candidates about their vision for the future of the Republic of Atlasia. You can rest assured that I will come prepared to delineate my positions to the people. I am the candidate best positioned to serve as Vice President in this election for a myriad of reasons:

1) I have the experience necessary to help govern effectively
2) I know how to work across the aisle and build coalitions to get things done
3) I am committed to a better future for all and remain principled and steadfast in that endeavor

With Ted as President and Spark as Vice President, we will come together to restore the vision of Atlasia to bring prosperity to every corner of this country. We stand for change, unity, moderation, and sensibility. If you believe in that vision, join the campaign toward something greater than ourselves. Be sure to tune in to the debate this evening at 7 PM PST!

Thank you for your support.

Best,

Senator Spark, candidate for Vice President
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2021, 04:07:48 PM »

Debates

I will be participating in tonight's debate at 7 PM ET. This is a great opportunity for you, the voters and citizens of our beloved republic, to hear from your candidates about their vision for the future of the Republic of Atlasia. You can rest assured that I will come prepared to delineate my positions to the people. I am the candidate best positioned to serve as Vice President in this election for a myriad of reasons:

1) I have the experience necessary to help govern effectively
2) I know how to work across the aisle and build coalitions to get things done
3) I am committed to a better future for all and remain principled and steadfast in that endeavor

With Ted as President and Spark as Vice President, we will come together to restore the vision of Atlasia to bring prosperity to every corner of this country. If you believe in that vision, join the campaign toward something greater than ourselves. Be sure to tune in to the debate this evening at 10 PM EST or 7 PM PST!

Thank you for your support.

Best,

Senator Spark, candidate for Vice President

The debate is at 7 Pacific according to OBD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies