[Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:02:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  [Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Who do you support for President?
Labor
Federalist
DA
Other
Labor
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: [Unofficial] Office of the Southern Senator Spark [Archive]  (Read 6860 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2021, 01:28:13 PM »
« edited: December 18, 2022, 11:26:50 AM by LGC Deputy Spark »

Office of Senator Spark (F-WI)

Green Bay, Wisconsin

Career

Regional Southern Senator
appointed by Governor Louisville Thunder
(February 2, 2021 - February 20, 2022)

Representative at-large from the South
(September 2020 - November 2020)

Acting Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates
(May 2020)

8th Deputy Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates
(July 2018 - October 2018; April 2020 - July 2020)

Delegate to the Southern Chamber of Delegates
(July 2018 - November 2018, January 2020 - September 2020, April 2022 - June 2022)

Member of the Domestic Policy Council
appointed by President North Carolina Yankee
(July 2018 - November 2018)

Member of the Lincoln Assembly
(February 2017 - April 2017)

This thread will serve as my unofficial office.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 01:33:33 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2021, 02:21:33 PM by Spark »

Southern Elections

My fellow Southerners, it has been quite some time but I have fulfill my civic duty in voting for our next representatives in the Chamber of Delegates and for Governor today. I have returned! I now urge you all to vote for Federalists and their aligned candidates to bring further peace, vitality, and prosperity to the South. After serving 5 terms in the Chamber, I understand the commitment that this responsibility entails. While we are still mired in the COVID-19 crisis, I have faith in our leaders to provide for all of our people. May the best candidates prevail, and hope they are ready to do their duty for the South and provide for its continuity.

As you all may know, I formed an exploratory committee to run for Southern Senator in February, and I will be returning from a brief break from the game. I will provide you with any updates pertaining to my aspirations to that office here.

Be sure to get out to VOTE this weekend! Our region is counting on you to make your voices heard.

Best,

Fmr. Rep. Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 12:28:35 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2021, 12:33:43 AM by Spark »

January Election Results

The results are in and it looks like we have a new Governor! I wish the best to LouisvilleThunder on his victory and as he begins his tenure. LT is a friend of mine and we want the best for the South. I also believe that we will have a Chamber of Delegates that will be diligent and hard-working on the necessary priorities for our citizens. I'd also like to congratulate Speaker Koopa, Tmth, DTC, reagente, and all others who have prevailed. I know that your work will continue.

As for myself, I'm glad to have returned to the game during such a pivotal period. As you may know, I have declared to succeed our next Governor LT, as the South's next Senator as he will vacate that office. I hope to have your confidence as I seek that office next month. Expect a speech to come. For now, I wish all of those a sincere congratulations on their victories and the best is yet to come for our region.

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 12:39:41 AM »

February Elections

As we approach February, I'd like to publicly endorse YoungTexan and Jimmy for President and Vice President of Atlasia. I worked with YT in the Southern Chamber of Delegates when we served as Speaker and Deputy Speaker last year. I know YT is a committed and principled leader. He has an interesting personality and I know that he will lead Atlasia in the right direction. We need transparency in government and one that is accountable to all of us. The YT/Jimmy administration will lead sensibly and have lower taxes, strengthen social security, break up monopolies, and countless more important priorities. To revitalize Atlasia, they will work to audit the federal government and make it work better for our citizens.

I trust this team to restore integrity in our government and lead a principled administration. For that, they have my full and undivided support.

Be sure to vote on February 19th!

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 12:41:02 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2021, 03:20:37 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Announcement for Southern Senate

Pensacola, Florida - Campaign HQ

My (tentative) campaign schedule is below: (All gatherings will be virtual, for exceptions to that rule, we will observe all necessary and statutory guidelines regarding social distance and mask-wearing.)

Campaign Schedule

Atlanta, GA - 2/18
Tallahassee, FL - 2/19 (Election Day)

Well, it's good to be back in town. You all know who I am! I owe the South so much and I cannot think of any other way to give back than to run to be your next Senator. As you may know, Senator Louisville Thunder has just been elected our next Governor. Many congratulations to him on this monumental victory! I've called the South home for a number of years now. Today, I've decided to release my Senate campaign platform and what I will do for you in Nyman. It's such an honor to be running.

I promise to fight each day for you as we continue to revitalize our government. I have what it takes to lead, debate, and introduce much needed legislation to change the course of our nation. In the Southern Chamber of Delegates, in which I served 5 terms in that honorable house, I introduced legislation to provide harsher sentences to predators while also showing compassion to non-violent offenders. I championed low taxes and fiscal sensibility. I made sure to compromise with other members of the Chamber on that issue as well when it came to fuel taxes. I introduced bills related to education so that our children could achieve their goals and get that needed head start. I also served as a Representative and helped to reduce childcare costs for our citizens. Experience is needed in order to get the job done in Atlasia.

In every decision that I made, I always had you in mind. It's what we can do together to bring this region forward and our nation in the right direction. I will deliver on that, I promise you. Win or lose, it doesn't matter to me. All I care about is fighting for this region. I won't hesitate to reach across the aisle in the Senate if it is going to better the lives of Atlasians. But you should know, I won't compromise my principles and I won't go back on my promises.

Some priorities of my campaign platform are as follows:

Economic

-Keep taxes low and cut regulations
-Ensure that each family has a childcare tax credit of at least $1000
-Introduce legislation to address automation disruptions to employment
-Continue extension of unemployment insurance
-Farm bill
-Cover funeral expenses for each Atlasian family

Foreign Policy
-Monitor China's currency manipulation
-Support Israel and advocate for two-state solution

-Strengthen our alliances and work with White House on ratifying treaties that beget fair trade

Healthcare
Drive down costs of premiums and copays by subsidies
Create a Public Health Care fund - revenue from private insurance companies
Providing aid to community centers to combat drug addiction
Increase funding for mental healthcare

Introduce, sponsor, and pass a heartbeat bill to protect the unborn

Environment
-Protecting wildlife refuges across Atlasia
-Allow limited drilling and logging in national parks
-Cutting carbon emissions by carbon capture program

I will continue to strive in making the South the greatest region in our land and to continue LT's work in the Atlasian Senate.

I hope to earn your support as we approach an important election to decide the direction of the South for the future.

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 09:16:39 PM »

Orlando, Florida

Economic Issues

Hello my fellow Southerners! It's great to be here in my home state to kick off a virtual rally with you all. Today I'd like to discuss the impending economic recovery and how we can get our citizens back to work after this coronavirus pandemic. It is exponentially important that we extend unemployment insurance as long as possible. As you all may know, I prefer to be fiscally sensible, but do understand this time of economic hardship for working families across the South. It's the reason I supported running a deficit in FY 2020 and FY 2021 in the Southern Chamber. Southern families need this aid in order to survive and pay their expenses.

What I will do for families across the South is threefold - reduce the cost of childcare by providing at least a $1000 subsidy per month for childcare expenses, cutting regulations so that businesses across the South will be able to have an easier start-up and not be strained by excessive costs, and protecting our workplace by introducing quality legislation to address automation. If we can accomplish these goals together, it will create a better nation for us all and in turn, benefit our region.

If elected Senator next month, I will get to work immediately in resolving these crises and safeguard our hard working people and the most vulnerable.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 09:17:32 PM »

Thank you YT! My best to you on running to be our next President.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 08:57:05 PM »

Tampa, Florida

Foreign Policy

Hello everybody! As your next Senator there is no more important issue than foreign policy. As a nation, we need to counteract China's subversive actions at every turn and that includes strengthening our alliances in the Asian Pacific region with nations such as South Korea, Japan, Singapore, and others while deterring aggression by getting involved with regional blocs as an observer state. China does not want to risk war or hostilities with us during an economic slowdown and it isn't in any state's best interest to enter into one. China is allowed to maneuver their way into claiming successive territory in East Asia. That needs to be stopped with a display of Atlasian tactfulness. We must get China to the bargaining table to stop their intellectual property theft, human rights violations, religious persecution, and territory grabbing. Their acts are destabilizing the world and thus the order in the international system. As Senator, I will introduce a measure for Congress to act on this issue in sanctioning China.

As for countries elsewhere especially in the Mid East, we should work to scale down our military presence while maintaining critical installations to defend our interests and our allies in the region. It is important to maintain these friendships to deter any aggression. We must stop fighting in the Yemeni War and granting arms to Saudi Arabia. If we do not want to seek a war we should not indirectly fund one and prepare one side for war.

I believe that our international system is complex, and I am best positioned to meet the challenges of our time through sound judgment, moral responsibility, and strong action.

I hope to receive your consideration in this upcoming election on February 19th. This is the greatest region in Atlasia. I'm humbled to live in it.

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 03:27:44 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2021, 11:57:22 AM by Spark »

Wichita, Kansas

Healthcare / Economy

Today, I am visiting you to discuss a crucial issue, healthcare. The COVID-19 pandemic has devastated the lives of many of our citizens and undermined our family fabrics with the losses of countless loved ones. It is important that the Atlasian government take action to ensure that costs associated with these losses are covered. As Senator, I will fight to ensure that we lower premiums and eliminate deductibles by the government covering these expenses. I do believe we should keep the private health insurance plans in place but I could support a public option healthcare plan. I am interested in proposing a measure to allow private insurance companies to aid in funding a Public Healthcare Fund to provide a percentage of their revenue.

I support a subsidy for funeral expenses for each Atlasian family. Atlasians should not need to incur this burden. During this time, I also am in favor of an extension of unemployment insurance indefinitely during this national emergency. As for economic stimulus, the next administration must ensure that enough funding is granted to state and local governments as well as small businesses. Starting a small business fund through subsidies and taxation is advisable to keeping our businesses afloat during this difficult time.

Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 12:08:14 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2021, 12:14:52 PM by Spark »

Statement on Senate Bills

REGARDING SB 27-09

I commend this bill titled The Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians recently passed by the House. We need to subsidize housing for those who are unable to afford providing themselves a living space. The bill granted increased subsidies to HUD. I believe this bill is representative of progress towards providing for our most vulnerable citizens. This progress should continue.

REGARDING Breaking Big Corporations Act

This bill will accomplish something very important in our land - breaking up the big corporations. Corporations have extensive power over many industries and most recently, have not been engaging in fair business practices. Thus, we should enforce existing anti-trust laws in order to regulate the market and prevent monopolies from forming. Many of these corporations control a significant percentage of the market share. By dissolving this control over the market share, it becomes easier for others to compete. I commend this legislation.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 06:59:22 PM »

Congrats and endorsed, don't let us down!

Knowing you all this time, I won't Tmth!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 07:01:31 PM »

Now that I appointed you to finish my term, I endorse you for a full one!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 07:05:04 PM »

Statement on Appointment to the Southern Senate

My fellow Southerners, it is with great honor that I inform you of my appointment to the Southern Senate. It will be my duty, upon confirmation, to serve you and get to work immediately. The South needs representation and leadership at all levels and Federalists will provide that. I'd especially like to thank Governor Louisville Thunder for this confidence in me and to succeed him in this post. As you know, I am most committed to the region and I have the experience necessary to move us forward. I will be running to be this great region's Senator for the foreseeable future.

Let's build something brighter and better for all of us!

Thank you!

Senator-designate Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 07:05:38 PM »

Now that I appointed you to finish my term, I endorse you for a full one!

It is most appreciated Governor! I plan to serve to the best of my ability for our citizens!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2021, 03:19:05 PM »

Congrats on the appointment - endorsed!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2021, 09:58:37 PM »

Congrats on the appointment - endorsed!

Thanks so much!
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2021, 01:23:36 AM »

Oath

Hello my fellow citizens, I have just been confirmed by the Southern Chamber of Delegates and have immediately taken office to serve you. I am most grateful to members for taking swift action in my confirmation.

Blessings,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2021, 12:57:56 PM »

Raleigh, North Carolina

Abortion

Hello everybody! It's great to be here today to speak about such an important issue - abortion. Abortion is one of the most heinous things to exist. The taking of life is unforgivable and it's unimaginable how someone could stand for it. I personally believe that life begins at conception and that all life should be respected for its value. I want each unborn child to have the chance in this world - to be happy and be successful. As a legislator, I will fight to protect the right to life. I plan to introduce a heartbeat bill to prevent many abortions from occurring. It should be regulated at the federal level to prevent abortions from ease of access. The doctors that perform procedures should be fined and lose their license to practice medicine. A physician's role is to heal not to harm, as evidenced in the Hippocratic Oath.

Taxpayers should not pay for a practice that degrades human life to that of a bunch of random cells. It begin with respecting human dignity. For that, we must fight and we must protect.

Thank you.

Senator Spark

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 02:22:19 AM »

Endorsed for second preference and I urge my supporters to do the same
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2021, 11:15:13 AM »

Endorsed for second preference and I urge my supporters to do the same

That's reasonable. Thanks very much
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2021, 05:29:30 PM »

Increasing Requirements Act
Section 3, Part 8, of the Census Act of 2019 is amended as follows
Section 3. Registration
8.In order to be eligible to register, a poster’s Atlas Forum account must have been registered for at least one hundred and sixty-eight hours and must have accumulated at least fifteen fifty posts.
Section 4, Part 2, of the Federal Electoral Act of 2019 is amended as follows
Section 4. Voter Eligibility.
2. A registered voter shall only be eligible to vote in a federal election if they have made at least eight twenty-five posts from their account in the fifty six days (eight weeks) immediately prior to the commencement of the election.

I'd like to sponsor this legislation.

Congrats, you just lost my vote and ensured that I will be PMing people to NOT vote for you.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2021, 05:52:27 PM »

Increasing Requirements Act
Section 3, Part 8, of the Census Act of 2019 is amended as follows
Section 3. Registration
8.In order to be eligible to register, a poster’s Atlas Forum account must have been registered for at least one hundred and sixty-eight hours and must have accumulated at least fifteen fifty posts.
Section 4, Part 2, of the Federal Electoral Act of 2019 is amended as follows
Section 4. Voter Eligibility.
2. A registered voter shall only be eligible to vote in a federal election if they have made at least eight twenty-five posts from their account in the fifty six days (eight weeks) immediately prior to the commencement of the election.

I'd like to sponsor this legislation.

Congrats, you just lost my vote and ensured that I will be PMing people to NOT vote for you.

Withdrawn now, but it could reach the Senate.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2021, 05:09:56 PM »

Endorsed
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2021, 09:39:29 AM »

Thank you.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2021, 11:00:16 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2021, 09:47:59 AM by Southern Senator Spark »

Charleston, South Carolina

Farming

Hello everyone! I hope to continue serving as your Senator. I urge you all to vote next week! The election will be pivotal to our continued success as a region. I have accomplished very much so far in serving you. Today, I want to speak about how our rural farms have been stricken hard by the COVID-19 pandemic and what I am doing to work on providing needed relief. Family farms have been struggling to survive, especially in rural areas across our nation. I stand with farmers during this time of hardship and am striving to relieve this burden by direct grants. Many farmers reside in isolated areas and cannot come to market to sell their products. Many times, farmers do not have sufficient revenue to survive and this is a time when the federal government needs to act.

I hope to continue advocating for our farmers, and in addition, procure more funding for them through fair trade agreements. We need to account for their interests because their work is crucial in maintaining Atlasia's vitality and longevity.

Join me in support of working to make something great here in Atlasia. Be sure to consider voting for me if you want honesty, responsibility, and productivity in government. We cannot afford for our progress to stall on such important issues.

Thank you!

Senator Spark
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies