Opinion of TexasGurl?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:55:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of TexasGurl?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: -skip-
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Opinion of TexasGurl?  (Read 1706 times)
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2021, 09:58:43 PM »

HP. She's always been one of my least favorite moderators on here, and comes across as arrogant and condescending. I would rate TJ in Oregon, Associate Professor PiT, Mr. X, and YE above her in terms of how well they handle their duties here.

Wow, this might be the biggest misread anyone has ever made in the 17+ years this forum has existed.

How so?

I mean, if you don't like her, you don't like her. You're entitled to your opinion. But "arrogant and condescending" are the last qualities I would associate with her.

Obviously, that is your assessment. She certainly tends to adopt a very "dismissive" attitude when addressing other posters who question her decisions or who have been the target of them. I myself remember an unpleasant interaction that I had with her, before my hiatus. Such impressions-whether from someone online or from someone in real life-tend to stick in my memory.

She can, indeed, be arrogant and condescending.  And she's definitely biased toward the left.  But she shows some seriousness in deleting ad hominem personal attacks, which covers a number of sins, so I'll give her a Soft FF.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2021, 10:00:57 PM »

HP. She's always been one of my least favorite moderators on here, and comes across as arrogant and condescending. I would rate TJ in Oregon, Associate Professor PiT, Mr. X, and YE above her in terms of how well they handle their duties here.

Wow, this might be the biggest misread anyone has ever made in the 17+ years this forum has existed.

How so?

I mean, if you don't like her, you don't like her. You're entitled to your opinion. But "arrogant and condescending" are the last qualities I would associate with her.

Obviously, that is your assessment. She certainly tends to adopt a very "dismissive" attitude when addressing other posters who question her decisions or who have been the target of them. I myself remember an unpleasant interaction that I had with her, before my hiatus. Such impressions-whether from someone online or from someone in real life-tend to stick in my memory.

She can, indeed, be arrogant and condescending.  And she's definitely biased toward the left.  But she shows some seriousness in deleting ad hominem personal attacks, which covers a number of sins, so I'll give her a Soft FF.

I'll certainly agree that she does tend to root out ad hominem attacks much more effectively then many of the other moderators; in fact, she altered one by Badger against you earlier today. But on balance, I just don't find her "personality" or manner of posting that amendable. Other moderators on here are kinder and more considerate then she is.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2021, 10:49:04 PM »

FF.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece