If you were to become the Green Party chair today and given a billion dollars, what would you do?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:59:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  If you were to become the Green Party chair today and given a billion dollars, what would you do?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If you were to become the Green Party chair today and given a billion dollars, what would you do?  (Read 1243 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2021, 08:39:17 AM »

I would approach the 2024 presidential election not as a contest my Green Party could win outright, but as an opportunity to bully the Democratic Party into moving left. I would make the party line that if the Democrats failed to back whatever heir to the Sanders movement comes along, the Greens will run the best-funded third party campaign since Ross Perot and throw the White House back to Trump.
Yeah and every single partisan democrat will throw cash at the democratic nominee to the point you're suffocated. Memories of Ralph Nader will take a long-time to fade.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2021, 12:11:25 PM »

A billion dollars isn't that much these days, but if I didn't just take the money and run (which I'd be tempted to do considering how I feel about the Green Party after 2000 and 2016), I'd invest it in building the party to compete at the local level where it might be possible to enact progressive reforms and push the democrats to the Left in places like the Portlands, Austin, Madison, Berkely/Oakland, etc.

This, although I’d probably pocket a good chunk of the money to invest in lab-grown meat, plant-based meat analogue supply chains, lobbying for better public transit in the Sunbelt, lobbying for more affordable electric cars, building nuclear plants, preserving/documenting indigenous cultures, etc. Things that the Green Party should prioritize but can’t really tackle as effectively as NGOs.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies